BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s v Indian Government (a) - 13/11/2024 - Re-Arranged Challenge Match

• Moderation Lead
14 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Is it eally though? 

Just saying what I see, but I see more school kids/teenagers vaping than I ever did smoking in public and I'd also argue that vapes(more specifically disposables) are a far quicker way of becoming addicted to nicotine than cigarettes are. 

It’s both, in fairness.
It’s absolutely getting more kids on it that have never smoked (on the disposables), but it’s also been a great stop smoking aid for a lot of people, ones I know too and who are now even vape free.

40 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Unbelievable how small minded some of the posters on here are. 

Just waltzing through life without any thought or compassion for anyone or anything other than their own tiny bubble. 

Pathetic. 

Small minded because they hold a different view or opinion?

What utter garbage. I’ve witnessed death and destruction of lives through drugs and alcohol, on various levels it’s sad it’s horrific but a lot of it is self induced!

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Small minded because they hold a different view or opinion?

What utter garbage. I’ve witnessed death and destruction of lives through drugs and alcohol, on various levels it’s sad it’s horrific but a lot of it is self induced!

You’re right from a black and white perspective. That persons chooses to put the addictive substance in their body and chooses to continue to do so. There is a grey area of why people do that and then trying to stop when it has a physical hold of you . I had a friend die from quitting and going cold turkey, it’s not as easy as just stopping and the reasons people start are horrifying when you spend time with them and usually from a young age the addiction already has you

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

You’re right from a black and white perspective. That persons chooses to put the addictive substance in their body and chooses to continue to do so. There is a grey area of why people do that and then trying to stop when it has a physical hold of you . I had a friend die from quitting and going cold turkey, it’s not as easy as just stopping and the reasons people start are horrifying when you spend time with them and usually from a young age the addiction already has you

No place for a grey area with 1864.

Either black or white, you're either with him or against him, us or them.

No room for nuances or context whatsoever.

50 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I would be surprised if Rangers went back to the Championship, especially for someone who is 18th in the league. 

I know he is a big name but im not convinced that the job he has done here is remarkable enough to put him at the top of lists like that. 

It's a long name but not sure about big !!

10 hours ago, K-Hod said:

On balance though, it is helping a lot of people get off smoking too.

And that's solely what vapes should be used for.

Currently vapes are creating new nicotine addicts and potential new tobacco clients.

That's why the tobacco companies piled in to manufacture of them. Some countries have banned over the counter sale of vapes. In Australia they're only available on prescription to those adults trying to quit smoking. NZ intends to do the same and I think I read some Scandinavian countries plan the same.

First duty of government is to protect citizens from harm.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

I don’t see what keyboard wally says but addiction is self determined you either do it or don’t ! Ive seen people in serious states help themselves for the better it takes guts but none the less us and the nhs should not have to fund addiction treatment 

Cheaper than funding heart disease though and all the rest of diseases nicotine causes, and less awful consequences for individuals and their families.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

It’s both, in fairness.
It’s absolutely getting more kids on it that have never smoked (on the disposables), but it’s also been a great stop smoking aid for a lot of people, ones I know too and who are now even vape free.

You're right but this isn't "balance" KHod. Tobacco companies didn't go into manufacture of vapes in order to stop people smoking. They went into it to create new addicts for their nicotine-based products.

Utterly bereft of any decent qualities, only the profit margins count. The problems being reported by parents of vaping teenagers has only just begun.

On 30/09/2023 at 10:45, roverblue said:

Ok where is the bar set for you in terms of Venkys losing/investing money in the club?

£20m per season isn’t enough clearly. £50m? £100m?

If they took an interest and ran the club properly they could increase revenue and reduce the £20 million required. They just can't be arsed

• Like 3

10 hours ago, 47er said:

First duty of government is to protect citizens from harm.

Aye, so I think we can safely say that nowt will happen on this lot's watch then.

JDT and Rangers... I'd hate that, but I would not be surprised if it was to happen.

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

No they won't 😂

Love your confidence.

Rangers offer Euro football, chance of cup glory and board that will sanction funds and support. Oh yes 50000 fans every home game in a stadium that rocks.

Rovers offer nothing by comparison due to lethargy of a shocking CEO and even worse ownership.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Love your confidence.

Rangers offer Euro football, chance of cup glory and board that will sanction funds and support. Oh yes 50000 fans every home game in a stadium that rocks.

Rovers offer nothing by comparison due to lethargy of a shocking CEO and even worse ownership.

I don't doubt any of that.

I do doubt that Rangers will be looking at JDT though, he won't even be on there radar is my guess.

• Like 3

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Venkys evidently.

But Waggot doesn't help the situation with his lack of communication, attempt to sell Brockhall, his chat about buying a bus when in fact we leased it.

"Chat about buying a bus when in fact we leased it" is bizarre behaviour, but come on, its small fry in the grand scheme of the current problems.

36 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

"Chat about buying a bus when in fact we leased it" is bizarre behaviour, but come on, its small fry in the grand scheme of the current problems.

It proves he is a liar and thinks we believe anything he says. For a man in his position to be so brazen is an insult to us all and clearly Tomasson feels the same way.

• Like 4