BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s v Indian Government (a) - 13/11/2024 - Re-Arranged Challenge Match

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Where are the buyers?

How many people come knocking on your door asking if your house is for sale?

Such a brainless point of view. 

Not really.

The point being is that IF there was any potential buyer interested in BRFC they would be putting in offers. Manure are not for sale but they have had several interested parties who have made bids and which have been considered (not yet accepted).

If there were any potential buyers, again, they would be thinking there is a real possibility of purchasing the club on the cheap even looking at initial investment opportunities - truth is there isnt. I am pretty bloody sure that if venkys had any interested parties in investing then they would take it owing to the fact they have financial issues ongoing through the courts back home.

The current climate is ripe for a bid or investment and yet there is no interest.

So it really is not a brainless view at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Not really.

The point being is that IF there was any potential buyer interested in BRFC they would be putting in offers. Manure are not for sale but they have had several interested parties who have made bids and which have been considered (not yet accepted).

If there were any potential buyers, again, they would be thinking there is a real possibility of purchasing the club on the cheap even looking at initial investment opportunities - truth is there isnt. I am pretty bloody sure that if venkys had any interested parties in investing then they would take it owing to the fact they have financial issues ongoing through the courts back home.

The current climate is ripe for a bid or investment and yet there is no interest.

Why would people waste their time and money bidding for something that isn't for sale?

Not only that but the people who matter are uncontactable sat in their bunker in India.

Manure have advertised publicly that the Glazers are exploring their options and are considering selling or at least a minority shareholding. Prior to that there was no serious rumour of interest in a takeover, since then it has been in the newspapers every day with Radcliffe and the Qataris interested.

'Pretty bloody sure' suggests that normal considerations apply where Venkys are concerned. They don't. If they were normal and reasonable people they'd have cleared off long ago, for one reason or another they won't speak, even to their own manager / fans, let alone entertain bids for the club.

People know from past conduct that it is a waste of time trying to deal with them. That isn't the same as 'no interest' just that there's no point in acting on it until they move.

5 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Not really.

Utd. Are for sale, the Glazers let it be known they were looking to sell the club. 

The owners have to put it up for sale or any interested bidder would be looking at having to pay some of the dept owed to the Venkys. If the Venkys announced that they were selling the club it would be much easier to get them to take the debt with them 

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Where are the buyers?

How many people come knocking on your door asking if your house is for sale?

Such a brainless point of view. 

Brainless is comparing someones home for a few £100k to buying a multimillion pound football club that you have to invest/lose £20m a year into.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Brainless is comparing someones home for a few £100k to buying a multimillion pound football club that you have to invest/lose £20m a year into.

You don't have to, if you were somewhat efficiently run.

The Glaziers - as bad as venkys - opened and entertained bids from interested parties for them to consider.

With venkys under considerable financial constraints/pressure at home I am suggesting that the time is right to sell or at least offer investment to limit their ever rising costs.

If there was to be any bids then I am sure we would hear about it, truth is there isnt and other than offers muted many moons ago, its all gone quiet.

We regularly hear from SW and the accounts a same old rhetoric that they will continue to fund the club however they are clearly not funding investment in the playing staff, merely paying lip service.

So, again, my view is that IF there was a potential buyer, and whether the club is on the market or not, the current situation makes it the kind of situation that could be exploited.

As a forum poster mentioned, if the club was managed correctly then we wouldn't see the horrendous annual losses, we would undoubtedly see a vast increase in income, supporters may well return in droves and commercially the club could hit boom town. 

Sadly, as it seems, the only way is down under these owners and are being led by a one eyed CEO who it seems is intent on ignoring the fan base.

What Rovers must avoid is administration because simply, it will destroy what infrastructure is still intact, namely the academy and the players coming through the youth system.

• Like 2

People knock on doors to buy football clubs but the amount of layers here the owners will never get to know about it anyway.

Why would guys in the middle earning 100-300k a year in their dream jobs ever do anything to facilitate a sale.

36 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Ok then, the final nail in this shit argument. There have been attempts to buy the club but they were refuted.

As Jim Bowen used to say, let's have a look at what you could've won.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9362126.blackburn-rovers-owners-tell-qatar-oil-giant-dont-want-sell/

Pure speculation and nothing ever materialised in fact I believe there was no foundation in it at all

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

There is nothing more to be said on this matter.

It's a complete bullshit argument.

Not surprised by 1864s stance on the matter. You can't spend that amount of time in swags pocket without having a few side effects. 

You clearly have no idea about me!! In his pocket ? I am one if those who take him to task face to face not by way of a keyboard or a supporters forum 🤨

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

You clearly have no idea about me!! In his pocket ? I am one if those who take him to task face to face not by way of a keyboard or a supporters forum 🤨

Whatever lad.

We've all seen the complete bollocks and undying support, for your then mate, you posted all over this site.

I'll ask again, since you never responded any of the other times I asked you directly,  what were the "big changes" you kept promising us a while back?

• Like 2

‘Take him to task’. The brass neck. 😅

The only people you thought you were ‘taking to task’ was us plebs on here when you would regale us with all the marvellous ‘positive changes’ he was going to bring in and how us know nowts ‘didn’t have a clue’.

He made a right fool of you.

• Like 5