BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s v Indian Government (a) - 13/11/2024 - Re-Arranged Challenge Match

1 hour ago, alex l said:

I agree. But there will be a large number of Blackburn fans who range from casually following the club and looking for results to those who wait for club or local news articles to pop up. They won't necessarily know things which have taken place. By saying they support Venkys therefore they don't support Rovers, it creates a division that wouldn't likely make them want to look into what has happened or not believe it. 

what about those who supported KING RAT AND ANDERSCUM

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

The crazy and sad thing is, underneath all of the piss taking, the jibes and the bitterness, a lot of Dingles and North End fans know and acknowledge that these owners are shit and have ruined our club.

I know from discussing with them. I have seen it on their forums too. Fans of both clubs, once they have had their laugh for the day, acknowledge how Venky's have ruined us and how we are right to be angry. It's not all of them expressing that view, no. Bitterness is the order of the day for most and I wouldn't expect anything else from them.

However, there are fans of theirs who see that Venky's have taken a Premier League club and reduced it to a shell and a laughing stock. They are laughing about O'Brien and McGuire, but at the same time saying that Rovers fans are being taken for mugs by the owners. I saw Dingles the other day discussing about how they would have booted Venky's out long ago, whilst having a pop at passive Rovers fans.

What the heck does all of the above say about the "no problem with the ownership, be grateful, without Venky's the club would be finished" crew? When rivals can see the truth and they can't? Forget us lot on brfcs. Rivals, who hate Rovers are seeing the truth but these lot can't or refuse to acknowledge it.

There's only one reason Dingles say "long live Venky's" and display Indian flags at Ewood. It is the same reason that almost every football fan in the country says "long live the Glazers".

It’s ok other fans saying that but what would they do about it ? The Chicken Chokers are half the world away in another continent that’s not known for always going by the book. I think part of the problem now is Venkies have got on the wrong side of the governing party. Maybe they didn’t contribute enough to Modi’s “ election funds “. The wealthy out there play by their own rules. They never set foot in the UK, how can you apply pressure ? 

Next time they tell you that, ask them - what would you do ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

kinell ...them comments

According to one of them the 15 percent budget cut isn't a big amount, it doesn't affect the project, so why is JDT complaining.

The same person also says that the project was always about developing players and selling them on, so this means the project hasn't changed at all.

Oh and the 'Head of Football' (GB, I'm guessing) is incompetent and a disgrace for what has happened during the past two January windows.

Hmm.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

According to one of them the 15 percent budget cut isn't a big amount, it doesn't affect the project, so why is JDT complaining.

The same person also says that the project was always about developing players and selling them on, so this means the project hasn't changed at all.

Oh and the 'Head of Football' (GB, I'm guessing) is incompetent and a disgrace for what has happened during the past two January windows.

Hmm.

This project hasn’t changed?? (from GB’s first interview)…

‘It looks like everything’s in place now and my job is to implement the vision of the Owners and for us to become a sustainable Premier League football club.

“I want to build a strategy for us to achieve that and make sure we’re all joined up and going in the same direction.

“The Premier League is a priority but it can’t be boom or bust, we want to try and do it in a sustainable way. We have Financial Fair Play in the Championship and, secondly, it’s just the right way to run a football club, in my opinion.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Burnley fans wouldn't have booted them out at all that's such hogwash and the usual nonsense associated with them. These #uckwits had to take adverts out to pay for a drummer in their hovel because they are losing all the time and the 'roar' is nothing more than a whimper this season.

It's impossible to do much at Ewood other than boycott or boo because no one there gives a stuff the directors box contains their puppet and powerless CEO and sometimes the shadowman.

That's it there is no board of directors, no owners no businesses or properties here, nothing.  We literally yell into a void even members of parliament can't get an audience with them.

But of course over in Burnley after wrecking their own ground 3 thousand of them would be flying to Pune to 'kick em out of Burnley' obviously.

Full of shit.

Be interesting to see how they handle getting relegated, and if things don't pan out as they did last season in the Championship, how they handle that. I've already seen threads online about their golden boy "Vinnie" getting the sack, or should resign.

37 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

This project hasn’t changed?? (from GB’s first interview)…

‘It looks like everything’s in place now and my job is to implement the vision of the Owners and for us to become a sustainable Premier League football club.

“I want to build a strategy for us to achieve that and make sure we’re all joined up and going in the same direction.

“The Premier League is a priority but it can’t be boom or bust, we want to try and do it in a sustainable way. We have Financial Fair Play in the Championship and, secondly, it’s just the right way to run a football club, in my opinion.

I know, it's staggering isn't it?

I don't think anybody can claim the project hasn't changed and maintain a straight face.

Hang on. There was one person who did exactly that in an interview. Publicly disputing JDT's view of the project.

There will be genuine fans posting too, but a lot of the comments on the LT look sus to me.

• Like 2

One thing I have noticed through Venkys tenure is that I have become less & less drawn to the football. The drama sucks you in & takes over your interests, be that at the expense of football or other things in your life.

Does anyone else find their focus on Blackburn rover wain after a transfer window shuts? Summer & winter windows have become filled with anxiety that trickles into the fabric of your life, once the window closes & you think you can breathe, the drama spills out to the subsequent days, weeks & months. We are facing an excruciating 4 months until season end & only for the next installment to begin.

I want to know what is happening to my club but it is painfully apparent that it drags my mood down.

So, I had an idea today, would it be worth creating a thread that tracks events as they happen, facts, timelines, quotes & the occasional plausible rumour.

No comments or discussion, just to try to piece together how this mess plays out?

Whatever comes of this thread, be it a book, an unlikely Netflix documentary or simply a place to point any fan who believes venkys are competent owners who have the best interests of Blackburn rovers at heart. At the very least, we would have something to look at in generations to come & remember, "never again!"

Is this something that the moderators would think is possible or could facilitate?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Bennisfromheaven said:

One thing I have noticed through Venkys tenure is that I have become less & less drawn to the football. The drama sucks you in & takes over your interests, be that at the expense of football or other things in your life.

Does anyone else find their focus on Blackburn rover wain after a transfer window shuts? Summer & winter windows have become filled with anxiety that trickles into the fabric of your life, once the window closes & you think you can breathe, the drama spills out to the subsequent days, weeks & months. We are facing an excruciating 4 months until season end & only for the next installment to begin.

I want to know what is happening to my club but it is painfully apparent that it drags my mood down.

So, I had an idea today, would it be worth creating a thread that tracks events as they happen, facts, timelines, quotes & the occasional plausible rumour.

No comments or discussion, just to try to piece together how this mess plays out?

Whatever comes of this thread, be it a book, an unlikely Netflix documentary or simply a place to point any fan who believes venkys are competent owners who have the best interests of Blackburn rovers at heart. At the very least, we would have something to look at in generations to come & remember, "never again!"

Is this something that the moderators would think is possible or could facilitate?

The bit in bold is key for me. So much has gone on that I forget it all, much less able to pluck key articles and documents if challenged on it. We need to turn fans that either aren't looking under the bonnet or are in complete denial. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, booth said:

Be interesting to see how they handle getting relegated, and if things don't pan out as they did last season in the Championship, how they handle that. I've already seen threads online about their golden boy "Vinnie" getting the sack, or should resign.

Quite a few of them have been on his case from the off this season and if that was Rovers they'd be referred to as the entitled mob. Meanwhile here we have our own fans getting upset because people are venting their anger at the chaos on and off the pitch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bennisfromheaven said:

Rovers Wikipedia Timeline..? 🤔 Crowdsourced data…edited… maintained…👀

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RoverDom said:

The bit in bold is key for me. So much has gone on that I forget it all, much less able to pluck key articles and documents if challenged on it. We need to turn fans that either aren't looking under the bonnet or are in complete denial. 

A Google drive with articles and dates associated is step one.  Open for people to submit. 

Step two is twitter threads and info graphs 

Step three is plaster this thick before the Newcastle game, with some of the old Anti Ashley crowd sympathetic 

Show the Stockholm syndromes and the younger generation the managed decline in a clear cut way, with the backing of wider football fans 

My maths isn't missing  something is it. I keep seeing the arguments that it's all down to the fans who don't attend.

Say for example we got 10,000 extra in the crowd. If they were all ST holders that's 10k x £400ish = £4m. Or if theyre all on the  day at about £25 per game, over 23 games that's £5.75m. So we'd £4-6m extra income per season before taking into account the extra costs of hosting an extra 10,000 people and ignoring the fact youd have to do something with the price to get that extra crowd. Is that really touching the side of the losses we're making?

Useful yes but solving all our problems? 

Edited by RoverDom
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

Hard to say as it depends on what the aim is and how far an owner wants to go. Nothing wrong with losing £20 million a year if you have something to show for it and the owner can afford it, but let's look at our peers - similar or smaller clubs who compete at this level each year and how much it costs them:

Millwall lost £12.6 million last year. The year before £13.8 million.

Preston lost £12.2 million last year. The year before £16.9 million.

Hull lost £7.9 million last year. The year before £9.7 million.

Luton lost £8 million and got promoted.

Watford lost £17 million despite a legacy of PL wages and costs.

Swansea lost £13 million

So just a few examples but I'd love to know why we couldn't quickly get down to that sort of ball park without any particular problems.

Better commercial operation and properly player trading model like other clubs. Plus a more lucrative shirt sponsor and more sponsorship around the Stadium 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RoverDom said:

My maths isn't missing  something is it. I keep seeing the arguments that it's all down to the fans who don't attend.

Say for example we got 10,000 extra in the crowd. If they were all ST holders that's 10k x £400ish = £4m. Or if theyre all on the  day at about £25 per game, over 23 games that's £5.75m. So we'd £4-6m extra income per season before taking into account the extra costs of hosting an extra 10,000 people and ignoring the fact youd have to do something with the price to get that extra crowd. Is that really touching the side of the losses we're making? 

Of course not, and all that extra £3/4million would do would allow the owner to put less in themselves.  But you need to remember the fans making these daft claims don’t have the first clue about football finances.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, unsall said:

Heard it’s gone against us re McGuire, lad going back to Orlando, also one resigned ( not JDT). Nothing official but decent source.

I'm guessing it is GB who has resigned, if the info is accurate. He held his hands up last time, even though it may not have been his fault, and promised steps would be taken to ensure this never happens again.

If the McGuire deal has gone the same way as O'Brien, I imagine it would be quite difficult for him to front up to the fans and explain this time round. It could be somebody else though, so let's see if anything becomes official.

45 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Useful yes but solving all our problems? 

As you allude the additional crowd would increase match day cost. But it would also likely increase income in other ways - hospitality, merchandise, even likely sponsorship. More eyes on logos means you can charge more for shirt supplier, main sponsor, stadium sponsors etc. lots of variables to it though and you say, wouldn't likely eradicate the £20m deficit. Could impact results with a bigger crowd. 

The crowd thing is punted about by complete wets and kids who know no better and get stick off their Burnley & Bolton mates and rivals.

We are Blackburn Rovers in Blackburn Lancashire and the best we could hope for at current prices is 14/15k home fans. Yes that's more than now so if they all came every game over the season there'd be a few more quid income that's it.  Would be welcome but wouldn't make a rats arse difference to how the club is run or anything else.

With Waggot at the healm it would just mean a million or two less for the owners to put in whilst citing FFP and making himself look good to them.

We aren't getting 20k like in the old Prem days ever in this league for a myriad of reasons and no other similar sized clubs do either.  Every single one that gets used as examples is situated in bigger towns/cities/bigger unrivalled areas, Boro, Ipswich and Norwich being prime examples.

Burnley have only been out the Prem once in about 7 years and have an urban area stretching outside their town that has a similar population to BwD but zero other clubs anywhere near.  They've also now swallowed up the kids/family Prem fans from the Ribble Valley and areas nearer Blackburn, just like we did in the 90's. 

Stop being jealous of these clubs and accept what we are we've never been any different at this level, turn your ire to the REAL problem. We had ave crowds over 22k when this lot rocked up, we lost 5 mill per year but managed it with a big sale now and again, we'd been in the Prem a decade.

It really isn't rocket science to work out what is and always has been the problem, you get 10k fans overnight paying top dollar, Venkys could be allowed to put in 20 mill per year on top.

What would happen, promotion ? Win the FA cup ?  Europe ?

Don't be so stupid it would just be a bigger clusterfuck than it is now.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 6

42 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I guarantee that if we charged £200-300 for a ST, and no longer had Venkys here, we’d have minimum crowds of 15k. Easy.

I believe many fans would come back once this shower of shite has left our club.

• Like 8

On any other day/weekend I’d be pretty livid at the pictures I’ve been sent about what the club considers appropriate pre match entertainment. That’s to say charging to have kiddies kick footballs into dustbins. Amateur hour. This weekend it barely cracks the top 10.

I look often at rovers and think what have these monsters done to you, look at what they’ve reduced you to. 

Edited by matt83