BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (h) - 20/9/23 - 19:45

Until the Southampton and ten man QPR games, Sunderland results were nothing to write home about.

Hoping for the win but no idea what JDT will do with the front line nor what the result will be. Should be a cracker of a game though.

Swag's woven grass pitch is supposed to drain better and be far more resilient in heavy rain than conventional pitches so I would beyond stunned if there is a serious doubt about the game going ahead. Would probably need the Swag bus doing hand-break turns at Ewood to get it postponed.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tomphil said:

We need a Burnleyesqe effort from Wharton tonight it should be quite an open game so it should suit him.  After 65 mins he'll probably need to be taken off though.

Sunderland were one of the best sides to come to Ewood last season and i see tonight being no different.

I read that as Burlesque at first, and now I've realised you actually said Burnleyesque I've got a horrible image in my head.

I hope you do too!!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, philipl said:

Until the Southampton and ten man QPR games, Sunderland results were nothing to write home about.

Hoping for the win but no idea what JDT will do with the front line nor what the result will be. Should be a cracker of a game though.

Swag's woven grass pitch is supposed to drain better and be far more resilient in heavy rain than conventional pitches so I would beyond stunned if there is a serious doubt about the game going ahead. Would probably need the Swag bus doing hand-break turns at Ewood to get it postponed.

According to Swag we'd bought a new coach too...

35 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Hoping to see Telalovic start but pretty sure it will be Leonard based on his early appearances this season

I do wonder if they'll start deploying Leonard out wide until he gains more experience - I think he's going to struggle to lead the line without electric pace / imposing size, but he's a good enough footballer to play at this level. 

55 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

I read that as Burlesque at first, and now I've realised you actually said Burnleyesque I've got a horrible image in my head.

I hope you do too!!

Nah we don't want a fur coat and no knickers job tonight.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Guessing the fictional pitch inspection was positive and we are good to go.

I find it really surprising that some posts say the game might be off because it has rained heavily. Pitches now can withstand heavy downpours with the excellent drainage. In fact I'll be surprised if the sprinklers aren't on before kick off.

9 minutes ago, SBlue said:

In the last 20 years I can remember a game being rained off once (a Boxing Day game I think?).

How bad is it up there??!!

Didn't think our pitch was that bad for drainage?

It's a lot better than it used to be many years ago, (a short spell of heave rain and that was that), but we've had one or two  more than that Boxing Day game a few years ago called off.

Can't see any problem this evening as the weather has greatly improved this afternoon.

35 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I find it really surprising that some posts say the game might be off because it has rained heavily. Pitches now can withstand heavy downpours with the excellent drainage. In fact I'll be surprised if the sprinklers aren't on before kick off.

Ewood Park no longer has excellent drainage. 

Semir Telalovic scores 4 tonight 😳

This news comes from (and I really don't like wasting my money but we are on a coastal holiday) a seer.. think that's what she called her self 😂

I looked her dead in her eyes and she thought I'd ask about my life or future but I simple said ..how many goals will semir score tonight ..caught her off guard but she did her thing and said 4 😂 misses wasn't happy lol

On another not I ordered the beautiful away top, it was in stock so do these come within 3 days as usual delivery times?

• Like 2