BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

16 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

not sure you would bother with the new deal if the plan was to flog him.

The word “plan” and Venkys tend not to be associated with each other…

Sammy is making headlines and an ambitious championship club looking to aid their promotion/playoff push might fancy him - especially if the rumour is that we need to sell. As for SS - if he wants a chance at prem football then a move is probably needed…

13 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That just ensures we get a decent fee for once.

we had plenty time to run on that deal why pay him more for a month or so if your plan is to flog him in January.

also I'm fully aware that if a top bid comes in we would consider it but this is just baseless sales talk when all indicators point in the opposite direction.

Edited by Beanie01289
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

The plan was to get as much money you can for him...clubs like Leeds, Southampton and Leicester may bif £10m for him and he will be sold.

But selling Sammie would be lunatic and will see JDT leave so I don't think it will happen in January as long as we are up in and around the play offs.

Edited by neophox

On 01/12/2023 at 00:51, Southside Rover said:

Won't claim to have heard of him but looks pretty direct and got a finish on him. Appears more right winger than centre forward to me

Transfermrkt says he did indeed mostly play RW, scoring 6 in 21 from there, and 3 from 5 up front.

Looks ok, decent finishes. Hard to say if his all round game is up to it from that, but on our budget and with him being a freebie, a low wage offer might not be the worst idea.

Max Bird at Derby would attract offers in January..think we need more steel in midfeld. Contract expires in summer. Time to cash in. Would add Clarke Harris from Peterborough also expiring contract and Ronnie Edwards promising centre half.

Edited by neophox

23 minutes ago, neophox said:

Max Bird at Derby would attract offers in January..think we need more steel in midfeld. Contract expires in summer. Time to cash in. Would add Clarke Harris from Peterborough also expiring contract and Ronnie Edwards promising centre half.

How would you pay for all (or any) of these?

• Like 1

Even if funds were raised in the January window it is not beyond the realms of possibility if the judge becomes aware of this for them to turn round and say use that in stead of authorising sending of funds from India to run the club.

Pretty confident in saying we'll spend between zero and nothing in the Jan transfer window. A couple of loan deals I reckon (defender and striker) and Bucko recalled. 

I don't think we've had a good Jan transfer window for as long as I can remember. The only signing of note has been Gestede but that was many years ago. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Pretty confident in saying we'll spend between zero and nothing in the Jan transfer window. A couple of loan deals I reckon (defender and striker) and Bucko recalled. 

I don't think we've had a good Jan transfer window for as long as I can remember. The only signing of note has been Gestede but that was many years ago. 

2 loans and a returning Buckley seems quite an ambitious shout. A loan was declined by Venkys after Buckley was moved on during deadline day. And we cant even be sure that the bills will be paid.

On 29/11/2023 at 19:11, neophox said:

Think Ali Al Hamadi is the one Rovers want in january. Iraqi International

On 29/11/2023 at 19:03, neophox said:

Jake Young, 22 year old striker at Swindon on loan from Bradford. Someone to buy in the summer? Scored 16 goals in 19 games so far in League two... astonishing season compared to last season.

And why not Macauley Langstaff, Ali Al-Hamadi or Colby Bishop in january to boost our strikeforce.

On 30/11/2023 at 15:24, neophox said:

Oscar Pettersson Brommapojkarna available on a free transfer. Did not sign a new dea, 23 years old striker and scored 10 goals in Allsvenskan for a team almost relegated. Would jump at the chance coming to Rovers and JDT also IFK Gothenburg interested so act quick.

My, Gregg has been busy and it's wonderful to see Rovers so active in the transfer market for a change. 

Could you provide a source please?