BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

3 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Actually think there's a decent player in Brittain, just that he along with most of the back 4 are going through a bad patch. Hyam looks like he came back too soon, Hill hasnt  been the same player for a while and Carter also been off. Ironic that Wharton who was awful himself a few months ago has been our best defender these last few weeks.

Wouldn't argue that full back is a position that should be a priority, even over a striker.

Second worst defense in the league says it all

Brittain is a good footballer. Just feel what he's being asked to do is above his level. Difference between this season and last is the inverted fullbacks. I understand it's a good way to create more chances. Just we are not outscoring the opponents 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

IMG_5724.png

thanks. Looks like they will be plenty of movement in January and players in and out 

42 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Having a Category 1 academy is great, but becoming obsessed with developing young players at the expense of ambition is not.

We are a soft touch, as our home form clearly illustrates.

A 20 year old full back on loan from Brentford and a young centre back from Crewe are unlikely to change that.

No its not obsessed with developing young players but is something we are good at and making them into first team players. Why wouldn't you want to develop your own players when you are spending x amount on Category 1 status? 

I don't think we are soft touch either. 

If either player or any players can add quality to our team then I am all for it

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No its not obsessed with developing young players but is something we are good at and making them into first team players. Why wouldn't you want to develop your own players when you are spending x amount on Category 1 status? 

I don't think we are soft touch either. 

If either player or any players can add quality to our team then I am all for it

Final reply, as we're going round in circles.

Of course we want to develop our own young players, but other than freak intakes, (eg Man United in  1992), it's totally unrealistic to expect every academy player to make the grade, and probably a passport to League One.

It has to be a realistic blend of academy players and players bought in.

We have lost fourteen out of twenty five games this season, (half of them at home), and our record of recovering from losing positions is pathetic, as is our defensive record.

If that doesn't constitute a soft touch, I don't know what does.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Final reply, as we're going round in circles.

Of course we want to develop our own young players, but other than freak intakes, (eg Man United in  1992), it's totally unrealistic to expect every academy player to make the grade, and probably a passport to League One.

I have never said that every academy player will make the grade so if that your point I agree but in your previously posts you have never made such a suggestion. I feel we should be able to bring 2 to 3 young players each season into the first team squad. agree? 

It has to be a realistic blend of academy players and players bought in.

agreed and that is exactly what we do including this season. 

We have lost fourteen out of twenty five games this season, (half of them at home), and our record of recovering from losing positions is pathetic, as is our defensive record.

If that doesn't constitute a soft touch, I don't know what does.

In this league, the team that tends to score first majority of the time tend to win the games. I'm sure someone posted some stats over the week or so about it

2 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Perhaps we should just join in 😁

or just not look at the transfers bit. It has always happened, Im so excited that Ray Wilkins is about to sign as he's bought a house in Wilpshire. He has been doing it up for 30 years now so must be about to move in it by now. He'll add valuable experience. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rover8T4 said:

Brittain is a good footballer. Just feel what he's being asked to do is above his level. Difference between this season and last is the inverted fullbacks. I understand it's a good way to create more chances. Just we are not outscoring the opponents 

He is suffering from not playing a consistent position one week to the next. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We did that in the summer when we sold Kaminski, Phillips plus released Dack and Ayala and signed some good players like Sigurdsson, Tronstad plus a couple of loan players who added quality to the squad. 

Developing our talent young players is one of key part of our footballing plan. We have cat 1 status and we should be developing players each season from the under 21/18 each season

Who should we be developing them for though? Spurs? West From? Birmingham? Or Rovers?

I was pleased that we were offering players new contracts to ensure they didn't leave for nothing, but I assumed it was because we wanted to keep them. Now its looking like why we did it to get the money to keep the club afloat.

What's the point of rich owners?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 47er said:

Who should we be developing them for though? Spurs? West From? Birmingham? Or Rovers?

I was pleased that we were offering players new contracts to ensure they didn't leave for nothing, but I assumed it was because we wanted to keep them. Now its looking like why we did it to get the money to keep the club afloat.

What's the point of rich owners?

The owners already put in as much as the rules allow. Player trading is a way we become less reliant on their money. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The owners already put in as much as the rules allow. Player trading is a way we become less reliant on their money. 

Yea OK! Player trading as we do it is a quick way back to Div 1.

We've only one bloke who can score goals so let's sell him!

Edited by 47er

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Simply not true. They were putting in substantially more under Bowyer and more recently Mowbray and to my knowledge that spending didn't break any rules. 

Recent cost cuts entirely their choice.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Simply not true. They were putting in substantially more under Bowyer and more recently Mowbray and to my knowledge that spending didn't break any rules. 

Recent cost cuts entirely their choice.

And the fact there's been no investment in our infrastructure, stadium maintenance etc etc etc etc

All this player trading shit only reminds me of the way they were operating when they first took over the club.

The only crowd I can see getting any benefits from the way we operate is football agents. 

Didn't we have to back pay a massive agent fee bill recently? 

9 hours ago, 47er said:

Yea OK! Player trading as we do it is a quick way back to Div 1.

Rubbish. Most clubs sell players and buy players. Player trading. 

Norwich sold Maddison and Murphy to keep the club afloat and bought really well which ended up with promotion under Farke. 

9 hours ago, 47er said:

We've only one bloke who can score goals so let's sell him!

Rubbish. 

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

Owners are allow to put £39 million pounds over a 3 year period. Those are rules has you been told several times but you keep arguing this point. 

https://www.bristolworld.com/sport/football/bristol-city/efl-financial-fair-play-rules-explained-and-the-punishments-clubs-like-bristol-city-could-receive-3574967

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/championship-financial-fair-play-rules-26673518

Going to accept it finally? 

Edited by chaddyrovers