BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

So, we can't actually make a single signing in January?

We can, but funds would need to exist already (e.g. from sales last summer) or be obtained by player trading in this Window.

That's how I understand it.

• Like 1

As alluded to in the article, this can’t continue, how can any business, never mind a football club that lives and dies on player transfers operate in this manner. What is the plan if this carries on into the next quarter and the next?

1 minute ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

We can, but funds would need to exist already (e.g. from sales last summer) or be obtained by player trading in this Window.

That's how I understand it.

Any money left over from the summer sales is now ancient history.

We'll only be able spend if we sell in this window... I mean, you'd hope that's the case at least.

He scored two against Doncaster in November.

First goal (1:05) - Good finish from a tight angle

Second goal (1:40) - Plays the ball out wide and carries on into the box. Gets onto the end of the cross with another good finish.

Are we sure this isn’t the new striker we’ve been dying for?

Edited by Polky

47 minutes ago, J*B said:

There seems to be a lot of confusion over this so its worthwhile us all being clear.

The £11.5M being requested will be approved, because a precedent has been set now by the Indian Government, but this money will only cover paying the existing bills from 1st December onwards. These funds do not have a pound in them for transfers and Venkys cannot send us more money for transfers whilst under the restrictions. 

There is no clear end date for when the restrictions will end, this could still be the case this time next year. 

Yes a precedent has been set but that was because all the expenditure was detailed in the costing to satisfy the judge. It only takes someone to adopt a lazy approach and think we've got this through once it'll be alright and not provide all the information the judge wants to see and it gets knocked back. Wouldn't happen here would it?

54 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Any money left over from the summer sales is now ancient history.

We'll only be able spend if we sell in this window... I mean, you'd hope that's the case at least.

First point correct.

As for second point, I would suggest we will only be able to use a portion of any transfer fees realised this window.

Given the club's overall cash flow position and uncertainty over future funding from India, it would be no surprise if there were not targets in place for January's window re achievement of a net surplus on transfer fee trading and also further wage reductions.

We might not yet be in danger of the 'lights being switched off' but I think some of the optimism on this MB about things easing to allow new signings is misplaced..

We will know by 31 Jan. but I ain't holding my breath about good news.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

Not sure if it’s possible but the only other option I could see is to take a loan out on the back of the Raya money coming in July. Or agree to defer payments with clubs till then.

In all likelihood it just means we won’t be signing anyone of any value in this window. Just be wages only type deals.

21 minutes ago, rigger said:

If Bournemouth want to recall Hill, I would play him against Cambridge, and cup-tie him. 

Pretty cruel on the player to deny him an opportunity to turn out for his parent club.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

Might not be the smartest move if we want a player off them in future 

So what, I would rather aim to be in a position where we aren't reliant on loanees from Bournemouth.

8 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Pretty cruel on the player to deny him an opportunity to turn out for his parent club.

We get fucked about with these loan deals, we need to show a bit of backbone. I am not saying it is what the club will do. It is what I would do.

Edited by rigger

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

We get fucked about with these loan deals, we need to show a bit of backbone. I am not saying it is what the club will do. It is what I would do.

If we played him without their permission we would get thrown out for fielding an ineligible player.

Is that what you want?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Normally, the parent club has to give permission.

Get it written into the loan agreement, that while we are paying the player, it is our decission what games he plays in. We need to be stronger in bargaining these agreements

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

If we played him without their permission we would get thrown out for fielding an ineligible player.

Is that what you want?

No what I want is for us to be stronger when agreeing these loan deals.

1 minute ago, rigger said:

Get it written into the loan agreement, that while we are paying the player, it is our decission what games he plays in. We need to be stronger in bargaining these agreements

I agree with you in principle, but, thanks to our fantastic owners, we have been reduced to desperate beggars in the transfer market, so can't really call the shots.

11 minutes ago, rigger said:

No what I want is for us to be stronger when agreeing these loan deals.

And Bournemouth just want to keep their options open and wouldn't have agreed to it. Then there was a real possibility we wouldn't have got him if we had tried to play hard ball with them. It's pretty standard in loan deals to get permission to effectively cup-tie the player. 

• Like 2

I wonder if Sam Curtis is one of them following the Ferizaj debacle in summer.  Seems Sheff UTD are after him though 

Also hasn't their season finished? 

Edited by B16Rover
Missed a bit