BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

31 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I don't think there's currently much between them although i think Leo  has plenty of potential for improvement where as Pears is probably as good as he's going to get, The problem with Leo right now is that he's been thrown in at the deep end without armbands and his confidance is getting shattered

Id love us to sign an experienced veteran keeper on a short term deal, someone to take the pressure off Leo and gving him someone to learn from. 

Pears is an excellent back up keeper, but I doubt he'd now settle for being a backup 

I think working with an experienced keeper day in day out for 6 months would help both a hell of a lot but especially Leo.

Nothing against Benson but he's a coaching manual coach he can offer nothing in terms of psychology and dealing with nerves and situations in games etc.

Pears at least has his dad for advice.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

If Broughton manages to shift Gallagher off the wage bill this January (with any sort of transfer fee to boot) then he's a miracle worker.

I just don't see it happening.

Nows the time to sell him. Always seems a better player when he’s not actually playing.  Fools gold of football 

Edited by yankfan
  • Like 3

So another defender from a lower league with no championship experience whose attacking stats are probably better than his defensive ones.

Exactly the opposite of what we do need in the team right now.

28 minutes ago, tomphil said:

So another defender from a lower league with no championship experience whose attacking stats are probably better than his defensive ones.

Exactly the opposite of what we do need in the team right now.

Are we on about the lad from Crewe? Apologies if it's been mentioned elsewhere but Nixon appears to be claiming the move has hit the buffers because they want the £500 k up front  and we want to pay in installments.

Sounds fairly typical of our shambolic efforts at  recruitment but like you I don't think it would be quite the disaster it would have been had it been the type of player we actually needed.

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Are we on about the lad from Crewe? Apologies if it's been mentioned elsewhere but Nixon appears to be claiming the move has hit the buffers because they want the £500 k up front  and we want to pay in installments.

Sounds fairly typical of our shambolic efforts at  recruitment but like you I don't think it would be quite the disaster it would have been had it been the type of player we actually needed.

Yes on about him and although i'm concerned about the finance side of it i became more worried when i read the bits saying he's proven good at attacking but less so a defending.

In a lower league than us but apparently it's ok because he's termed a modern defender !

Bloody hell i remember  a young Colin Hendry being termed a modern defender because he was great at throwing himself face or genitals first at everything at both ends of the pitch.   Why have those real defenders just disappeared over the last decade i wonder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

I think working with an experienced keeper day in day out for 6 months would help both a hell of a lot but especially Leo.

Nothing against Benson but he's a coaching manual coach he can offer nothing in terms of psychology and dealing with nerves and situations in games etc.

Pears at least has his dad for advice.

Who's his dad? An ex goaly?? 

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No he isn't. Wahlstedt is way worse than Pears.

We go back and forth on this one depending which is playing! The one who's playing is judged worse than the one who isn't!

Until the roles are reversed!

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Thought it was perfectly normal to divide payments into installments. Tbh. a clause like that should say directly that it takes £500k upfront for it to be triggered, and there wouldn't be much room for negotiations... could be that that's the story here and we're still haggling, which would justify some frustration.

19 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Not sure about that having seen Leo play now.

Better shot stopper, better positionally. 

At the moment he's weak on crosses and is getting no help from his back 4. Hopefully he'll learn to just come and get the ball, regardless of who he clears out on the way. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover

Just now, Torgeir said:

Thought it was perfectly normal to divide payments into installments. Tbh. a clause like that should say directly that it takes £500k upfront for it to be triggered, and there wouldn't be much room for negotiations... could be that that's the story here and we're still haggling, which would justify some frustration.

If Football Manager is anything to go by, you have to pay the release clause in full - if triggering it is the only reason the team will sell him, obviously.