BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

23 minutes ago, frosty said:

I think I've seen you (sorry if not!) mention his poor form a few times now - and I'm just not seeing it. He's playing well, he's so much better than everybody else that he plays at least 'well' pretty much every game, in the sense that he does a few things that nobody else could. And if any scouts were at the Watford home game just before Christmas they'd have been banging the door down as soon as the final whistle went. He was streets ahead of everybody else on the pitch.

He plays a lot of quality forward balls but he also has given the ball away quite frequently in the centre of the pitch that kick off very dangerous opponent counter attacks. 

His on the ball quality is obvious but I wouldnt say overall he is playing that well atm (as the rest of the team isnt either).

Id actually argue that he hasn't yet really had a run where he has been consistently our best performer for a decent run of games - unlike say Szmodics or Tronstad. 

To be honest he seems a bit of a strange signing for Palace given their defensive woes... Not exactly what you would say they need right now, but maybe its more for the long term?

Edit - had a look at palace's results this season and actually the spanking by Arsenal last weekend was a one off. Generally they've been pretty tight. THeir issue is they have only scored 22 goals all season. So maybe Wharton is being bought with a view to create more goal scoring opportunities immediately?

Edited by joey_big_nose

16 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

If Ennis goes you'd imagine we would have a plan in place and a striker lined up.

Oh wait we're Blackburn Rovers 

Doesn’t take much replacing to be fair. I’ve scored as many league goals as him this season.

• Like 1

It's a shame with Ennis. I actually feel like he has a lot of talent but his fitness and motivation look non-existent. He'll do well in Lge 1 though and hopefully we can then sell him in the summer. 

Need to get rid of all our current strikers in the summer (Leonard out on loan) and start again. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

It's a shame with Ennis. I actually feel like he has a lot of talent but his fitness and motivation look non-existent. He'll do well in Lge 1 though and hopefully we can then sell him in the summer. 

Need to get rid of all our current strikers in the summer (Leonard out on loan) and start again. 

As everyone said - except a few specific people who follow the crowd, he was injury prone before he came to us.

And obviously is injury prone now, has hampered him.

Edited by RoversClitheroe

58 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

All PL clubs do it, just to different degrees they are awash with cash.

We did it under Kenny, bought speculatively in the hope we'd find a diamond, it didn't really pay off for us, but I get why they try.

14 hours ago, Mercer said:

So it it seems Palace have had encouragement from the Wharton family / agent to make a play for Adam and Gallagher is 'frustrated' with Rovers turning down Ipswich bids.

Suggests to me all is far from well in the Ewood dressing room and 'key' players recognise we are going nowhere and want away.  When this happens with a Blackburn born and bred lad like Wharton then alarm bells should be ringing.

If Wharton goes, it's reluctantly. He was getting a push by the club (not the coach) last season.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Have you seen much of him?

Often doesnt make the bench even when we are stretched for whatever reason.

Gilsenan is very good. He played well in the cup then was injured for a while.

1 min 22 in, nice free kick. Not so good celebration.

Not the first time he's played well in the cup.

Edited by booth
  • Like 2

On 24/01/2024 at 21:45, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Everyone against the prospect of selling Wharton because we wouldn’t reinvest the money is exactly the same talk when the prospect of selling Rothwell came up a couple of January’s ago. Same people then criticised the club for allowing players to walk away for nothing.

£15m is reasonable for Wharton and we clearly need the cash. Don’t want him to go and clearly we won’t reinvest all of it but if it gets us 2/3 proven Championship players, it’s probably too good to turn down.

why do we always sell cheap Norwich got £20m for madison from Leicester at a similar age 

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Screenshot_20240126-132000_X.jpg

Says we want 25m which won’t happen this window - We may well regret this decision, but overall hopefully it’s the right choice…No way we have enough time to replace and it clearly means we have money from somewhere to keep the club afloat.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Says we want 25m which won’t happen this window - We may well regret this decision, but overall hopefully it’s the right choice…No way we have enough time to replace and it clearly means we have money from somewhere to keep the club afloat.

They say 18.5, we say 25... Will meet somewhere in the middle one presumes. 

• Like 2

If we got money from Wharton sale which I doubt....these players would make us stronger:

Morgan Whittaker

Michal Helik

Lewis O Brian

Bojan Miovski

Experienced keeper

Macauley Langstaff doing really well in league two for Notts County too.

Edited by neophox

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Six days until deadline day. If he's sold we should have replacements lined up. Seems a bit bonkers to let Travis leave so early in the window on a loan deal to a Championship rival. 

Travis couldn't get away from Eeood fast enough...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

If Ennis goes you'd imagine we would have a plan in place and a striker lined up.

Oh wait we're Blackburn Rovers 

That’s harsh, of course we will, his name will be dropped on deadline day, supporters will start watching YouTube videos of *insert name* and start talking about a late playoff push and what tactics should be employed to accommodate *insert name*,
deadline will pass and we still won’t be hear from the club if *insert name* is a Blackburn player.

following morning there will be social media rumours of concern followed by a club statement to say Agnes the tea lady had a fall and it meant all the necessary staff had to go and take grapes to the hospital so they missed the deadline by 0.0256 of a second, but don’t worry they expect to win an appeal.

in the coming days the club look foolish and very silly and basically laughed at by the powers that be and get told no chance.

but we confirmed the player leaving went through without a hitch.

we will get an honest and frank interview by egg whereby he takes responsibility for the muck up and promises everyone is trying really hard and the owners are honestly really really committed to the cause and will be in contact soon. 

but don’t worry, as a sorry the club will freeze season ticket sales , albeit they will be in league 1. 

so yea, very harsh mate, we are a completely non circus and professional football club 😬

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, neophox said:

If we got money from Wharton sale which I doubt....these players would make us stronger:

Morgan Whittaker

Michal Helik

Lewis O Brian

Bojan Miovski

Experienced keeper

Macauley Langstaff doing really well in league two for Notts County too.

Morgan Whittaker? You really think if we had all of the Wharton money, we could get him? Heads in the clouds.