BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 minute ago, pedrob2014 said:

Skysports reporting Luton interested in Dolan

Don’t worry, we won’t be selling Dolan. He’s out of contract soon enough so naturally any bids will be knocked back so he can leave on a free!

• Like 4

I can imagine the club are putting a lot of pressure on Adam Wharton to accept a move to Crystal Palace even though it's probably not his preferred option. "We need the money, The owners can't provide any at the moment - you will be saving the club"

I would just love it if he refused to go. He will get better offers in the future.

• Like 3

We've opened the flood gates to bids for everyone and everyone. Don't blame clubs for trying it on, we're obviously in the business of selling and cutting, 

We will be judged by our actions, which is why clubs will try it on and why ambitious people will dodge us.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ruggles1995 said:

im reading a lot people saying this 37 year old can only play in back 3.... Well we have no full backs to play 352... Guess we will be playing the same old vey open football we've played all season. Would like to think JDT would learn from 1st half season mistakes by getting in what's needed. 

We have 1 fit left back, and nobody else apart from square pegs in round holes for full back.

JRC wasted at right back or wing back if put there.
Sigurdson is lost at full back or wide in a 352. 

I do hope we get a right back in. not linked with any so guess we prob wont be. 

Would love to be proved wrong, but if we go 3 at the back going forwards, I think we will be conceding a far lot more, just simply due to only having wingers to play at wing backs. Will be more a 3-2-5. 

Assuming today’s rumours turn out to be true, I presume a 352 would look something like…

Pears

McFadzean.  Hyam    Wharton  

JRC                                                 Chrisene

Ayari.      Tronstad

Sammie

Gallagher.      McGuire  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

Assuming today’s rumours turn out to be true, I presume a 352 would look something like…

Pears

McFadzean.  Hyam    Wharton  

JRC                                                 Chrisene

Ayari.      Tronstad

Sammie

Gallagher.      McGuire  

Ayari struggles playing u21 no way he can play cm at this level 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

So depressing.

We have billionaire owners but we are seen as a soft touch by the likes of Luton, Brentford and Crystal Palace.

Agreed, letting Wharton go now for the initial fee that was discussed (and not trying to raise that with other clubs circling) looks like poor business, particularly if there's no sell on fee + looking at other deals for similar players.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I don’t think it’s as cut and dry as you suggest.

The only ‘loss’ to the team there is Wharton. I’ll come back to him.

Travis hasn’t been playing regularly for a while and hadn’t figured at all really this season. Hill started well but tailed off and I’m confident that O’riordan and McFadzean can cover off any potential drop off from him. I’d go as far to say most fans would’ve gladly sent him back in favour of us signing O’riordan, a highly rated player on a permanent deal.

Chrisene and Ayari look like decent squad fillers and if we keep Gally then the signing of McGuire, on paper at least, strengthens us considerably!

So, back to Wharton. The truth is, he’s that good that selling him in any window would weaken us. The ACID test for this lot is that we MUST sign a CM this window, for cash. There’s zero excuse because they’re not ‘blocking’ anyone’s progress and they very obviously have cash. 2-3m on a good, young CM with some valuable experience, like Max Bird or Sibley, or the lad from Oxford that PNE fancy will keep most fans content come Friday morning.

To bumble past the window without getting a decent midfielder in is unthinkable. Imo.

You are right about needing a central midfielder, but you underestimate the loss of Travis. He wasnt better than Tronstad and Wharton but with the latter leaving its immaterial. He was the third of 3 Championship quality midfielders we had, then theres a huge drop off. Captain, proven regular member of sides that have finished 7th and 8th, attracted a move to a top 2 side. Him and Garrett on current ability are night and day. Now we have 1.

As @Miller11 mentioned, Hill (and at a push Carter who is out for the season) could cover full back. 

Our squad was desperate for help because its too small and lacking in certain areas. Now its even weaker. We are stronger up front IF this new striker signs and with Gallagher back. But our strongest area in midfield is now our weakest, we are an injury away from a crisis at full back even if Chrisene is up to it too. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Ayari struggles playing u21 no way he can play cm at this level 

I had to put someone there - hopefully there will be a new signing in that position (or RWB so JRC can be shifted into midfield)

Edited by wilsdenrover

I'm very much of the opinion that everyone is for sale at the right price.

It would however take a 'ridculous' bid for Dolan for me to sell right now. I'm talking beyond expectation bid. What did Morgan Rogers go for yesterday? £7/8m?

I'd want at least £5m for Dolan at this point. If he doesn't want to sign in summer then you'd probably be forced to take less, but as of now. No deal.

• Like 6

Well every Chad and his dog told me that the minute Luton were interested in Kaminski he had to go as he would want the chance to play in the Premier and you can't refuse as you can't keep an unhappy player.

So that's it. Dolan's gone.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Well every Chad and his dog told me that the minute Luton were interested in Kaminski he had to go as he would want the chance to play in the Premier and you can't refuse as you can't keep an unhappy player.

So that's it. Dolan's gone.

Kaminski asked to leave.

Has Dolan?

• Like 1