BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

We’ll get to Friday - ‘very clever by the club to keep our power dry, this season is over anyway, we can now properly invest in the summer’.

1st September comes around - ‘Err you do know we can’t spend money, we’re skint, we’ve shit fans and there’s FFP. Thank god for Venky’s is what I say’.

That's the Facebook and let mob

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

The questions for me (to which I fear at least one of the answers will be no) are…

1.  Will we bring in a midfielder with better defensive capabilities than AW?

2. Will we bring in a striker who ‘knows where the net is’?

3. Will the above two ‘offset/outweigh’ the loss of AW’s creativity?

The answer is, they must!!

5 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Went to look at the Sheff Wed forum to see what they were thinking, they were just talking about being sexually aroused by the Cadbury's Caramel Bunny and how we have a lot of money to spend.

Odd place

I know - as if we have lots of money to spend.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Miller11 said:

If you have a look at the Trust thread in here, there’s a post containing our latest newsletter. In there we highlight our planned discussion points for the MOU meeting coming up on 15th Feb. Finances are a big discussion point!

Minutes from the meeting will be documented to give clarity over the answers we get as well as our follow ups to them.

Need to ask them why there wasn't the sort of  hefty sell on clause that you would normally expect these days for Wharton. Suspect we all know the answer I.e.  that we had to sacrifice back end add ons because we needed more money up front but will be interesting to see if they own up to it or claim they thought the terrible deal for Wharton was a good one as it stood.

If we are keeping Gallagher and now have McGuire, with Szmodics excelling up front thats leaves us sorted in striker roles.

The 37 year old defender is a real bizarre one. Must be one of the oldest  transfers for an outfield players ever at Championship level. I am assuming its just to provide experience till the end of the season.

Looking the squad probably the priorities now would be

1. Keeper

2. Left attacking full back / wing back

3. Centre deep play maker midfielder

The main concern is 

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Need to ask them why there wasn't the sort of  hefty sell on clause that you would normally expect these days for Wharton. Suspect we all know the answer I.e.  that we had to sacrifice back end add ons because we needed more money up front but will be interesting to see if they own up to it or claim they thought the terrible deal for Wharton was a good one as it stood.

Who has said there is no sell on clause in the Wharton deal?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You don’t ever get the deal detail, I would be absolutely staggered if there wasn’t a sell on clause within any sale agreement that might be reached.

Edited by Penwortham Blue
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

What is happening about Gallagher going to Ipswich ?

I'd be baffled if they've turned down £2m for him. Especially if this American CF is coming in. 

You're basically committing to letting him walk for free in the summer or re-signing a player we all know isn't good enough as our highest earner for 12 more months. 

It seems like a gift of an offer from Ipswich imo. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

If we are keeping Gallagher and now have McGuire, with Szmodics excelling up front thats leaves us sorted in striker roles.

The 37 year old defender is a real bizarre one. Must be one of the oldest  transfers for an outfield players ever at Championship level. I am assuming its just to provide experience till the end of the season.

Looking the squad probably the priorities now would be

1. Keeper

2. Left attacking full back / wing back

3. Centre deep play maker midfielder

The main concern is 

Surely other than CM (once Wharton leaves) a pacey winger is #1?

Edited by G Somerset Rover

2 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

GB has made a big point about having ‘different lists for different scenarios’

Well if his walk is as good as his talk (what do you think Rev?? 😄) now is the perfect time to prove it…

Well.....he's started as he's gone on since he's been here.....a 37 Yr old for 4 months and £2.5m plus add ons for a guy with no experience of English football.

And I suspect it might get worse before tomorrow night.

If that's his list expecting to imminently bank £18m I'd hate to see the ones where he hadn't.

But hey, the McGuire signing will be OK as long as the family all follow us on social media, and if we just get behind the lads FFS everything will be OK.

• Like 1