BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

So goodbye to Niall Ennis. Have to say I've never seen a player look so disinterested / unfit / lacking in ability in a Rovers shirt - and there's been a few candidates over the years. Ennis was a Broughton "discovery" I believe. Thank you Gregg. 

• Like 6

Stoke are another joke club. Their transfer policy is way off. Can't imagine their fans are too pleased with signing Ennis. 

Also, reading up about our new loan signing from Liverpool and it appears our transfer wizard GB has pulled off another coup:

"Maybe he's got better #Rovers fans. It's been a year after all.

But Billy Koumetio is the worst defender I've ever seen at @FKAustriaWien. He was just calamitous and a disaster waitin to happen. 

In a Championship relegation battle, he could lose you games. #FAKL"

• Like 1

It was a term phrased a lot during Venkys tenure, however it needs to be brought back. This is asset srripping at its finest. Anything that can be sold for any worth it's gone. The V's are playing their own version of bargain hunt and we sadly are the viewer. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, booth said:

I was just about to say that if we've got £600k for Ennis and got him off the wage bill, that's McGuire paid for.

We'd have been a lot better off selling Gallagher and bringing in a striker 5 years younger on a permanent basis at zero net cost or maybe even a small profit after taking account wages.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We'd have been a lot better off selling Gallagher and bringing in a striker 5 years younger on a permanent basis at zero net cost or maybe even a small profit after taking account wages.

They wouldnt allow any of the 22m to be reinvested. Why would they allow a further 2m to be reinvested?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

So goodbye to Niall Ennis. Have to say I've never seen a player look so disinterested / unfit / lacking in ability in a Rovers shirt - and there's been a few candidates over the years. Ennis was a Broughton "discovery" I believe. Thank you Gregg. 

apart from a bright half and hour away to rotherham,he`s looked fat,slow and well off match fitness,it was clear as soon as he landed that jdt did`nt take to him,yes well done greg,not quite clinton mola standard but close

2 minutes ago, TheKitGuy said:

It was a term phrased a lot during Venkys tenure, however it needs to be brought back. This is asset srripping at its finest. Anything that can be sold for any worth it's gone. The V's are playing their own version of bargain hunt and we sadly are the viewer. 

The amount of players, some of whom we received bids for and were turned down, who have left on frees would suggest otherwise. As would the continual loss they make in putting money into the club. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We've just sold Wharton for £18m rising to £22m and been told we can't spend a penny on transfer fees. To be honest I doubt selling Gallagher for £1m - 1.5m (the ballpark figure Ipswich were reportedly offering) would have made any difference. Just more cash for the running costs whilst we continue to bring in loans and freebies. As much as I can't believe I'm saying this, I'd rather have Gallagher here. 

• Like 2

Just now, alex l said:

Because our income still doesn't get close to covering wages let alone other overheads. I'm sure someone will have the figure but last time was it not a along the lines of 120+% wage to income ratio?

I understand that we lose money. It's the flat £20m a year figure that's clearly dodgy as hell.

We've lost Dack, Brereton-Diaz, Ayala, Kaminski, Rothwell, Lenihan, Johnson etc etc from the wage bill in the last few years. All the big earners (bar Gallagher) have gone, yet that mysterious £20m figure remains. 

We're literally operating with loans, Academy graduates and L1 punts now. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

If we got £500 k from Stoke for him it’s a miracle.

• Like 3

Just now, roverandout said:

Not since venkys took over

Well as someone that does get down there every home match, I sincerely hope we get McGuire over the line. I'd like to watch a (potentially) good striker, if that's all the same to you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alex l said:

The amount of players, some of whom we received bids for and were turned down, who have left on frees would suggest otherwise. As would the continual loss they make in putting money into the club. 

That was then before the Indian Court proceedings and this is now in case you hadn't noticed.

I'm sure you have but are on the wind up.