BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

Have to say, not wildly optimistic about this McGuire from the (completely unqualified) eye test.

People were writing off Telalovic because of the level he played at but some of those MLS/college clips look absolutely honking.

8 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

just maybe I can now seen some sort of plan.

Well you're brighter than I am! Or more gullible. I see no plan at all other than continuing to exist on a day by day basis.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, JBiz said:

Yes it is true. This website, under previous management, didn't have a “tone” set out through admin / moderators.

Now it does. When the owner of the site is suggesting that the BBC lancs football pundits, Andy Bayes, the LET and many others, are under some sort of paid agreement to toe the “Venky party line”…. That would’ve never happened before. Conspiratorial nonsense.

Also the very definition of the term Black Hole - what does it mean? A gap - an inexplicable one, in space and time.

@RoverCanada’s post should be required reading prior to anyone posting about funding, because every single penny the club has wasted in 13 years, is in text for all to see.

I can hold my hand up with everyone else when asked how pissed off I am at the way this set of charlatans run the club. That’s with actual facts, not made up bullshit that literally demeans the real issues involved.

You've had a problem with the site for years, That's why you keep going off and coming back!

Why bother if it upsets you so much?

36 minutes ago, SBlue said:

Have to say, not wildly optimistic about this McGuire from the (completely unqualified) eye test.

People were writing off Telalovic because of the level he played at but some of those MLS/college clips look absolutely honking.

IMO Telalovic will be better and more effective than McGuire. 

I just have a feeling that McGuire will be a huge let down.  You look at his reel and watch the way he strikes the ball, it doesn’t look natural.  It’s like he’s been playing NFL and has somehow fallen into “soccer”. He looks quite the athlete so maybe that’s why he’s progressed.

Let’s put it this way im happy it’s a loan because i just don’t think it will work here. The culture and location wont help either…I mean going from mexico/orlando to Ewood/Manchester? It’s a huge change.

I really want it to work out, especially for what we’ve put him through - What won’t help is if JDT leaves! 

Edited by BankEnd Rover

10 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

IMO Telalovic will be better and more effective than McGuire. 

I just have a feeling that McGuire will be a huge let down.  You look at his reel and watch the way he strikers the ball, it doesn’t look natural.  It’s like he’s been playing NFL and has somehow fallen into “soccer”. He looks quite the athlete so maybe that’s why he’s progressed.

Let’s put it this way im happy it’s a loan because i just don’t think it will work here. The culture and location wont help either…I mean going from mexico/orlando to Ewood/Manchester? It’s a huge change.

I really want it to work out, especially for what we’ve put him through - What won’t help is if JDT leaves! 

He would have to be pretty bad to be worse than Telalovic.

7 hours ago, J*B said:

I think that quote is true. If I was in charge I would have sold Adam for 22M+ as well.

Every other club that’s done what we are attempting has sold players at the right time for their maximum value. There is no point us having a 22M midfielder and gaping holes up front and in defence. The question is will we reinvest any of the money. Thats what I’ll judge them on. 

Most of us knew we'd sell Wharton and never see the money which would largely go on everyday expenditure.

Its cruel the way some people's expectations are continuously raised, dashed and raised again.

You'd think they'd get it by now but it seems not. If we'd spent £22.5M this January on top Championship players we'd be flying but it never happens. Its not meant to happen. The Club is not that important to the Owners like it is to us.

4 hours ago, JBiz said:

A1B3E5CC-A5E2-4198-826D-840BB7BD243B.jpeg

I think that's true but I don't think they are paid to report it that way.

They just know that if they don't, their access to the Club will be curtailed.

Edited by 47er

Just now, 47er said:

They just know that if they don',t their access to the Club will be curtailed.

I don't know how a grown adult can't understand that this is how 'journalism' works.

It's literally called Access Journalism.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

they were scouted and watched by mowbrays team,broughton inherited the list,there is no way he`d have signed both of them of his own bat

Convenient, that, for those that dislike Broughton.

• Like 1

Just now, 47er said:

They just know that if they don',t their access to the Club will be curtailed.

I think local media especially has changed so much over the last 15-20 years. There was a time when the clubs needed them as much as they needed the clubs. I remember SAF used to argue with the MEN every single week, but they could never ban such an important local media outlet. I remember in 2011 the LET bravely lead with a story calling for Kean to be sacked - I don’t think they’d be able to do that nowadays.

The reality is now journalists are at the mercy of website clicks, so don’t really have the scope to do long investigative pieces and have the maintain a positive relationship with the club or realistically they’ll lose their job. If a BBC Lancs reporter, as an example, pisses off the club they’ll ultimately lose their job because BBC Lancs can’t rock the boat. 

That being said I have a lot of respect for all local journalists doing their best whilst working under the restrictions that the job provides. 

• Like 4

Largely agree with that J*B, but I did feel Sharpe was quite canny in working round the limitations of modern day local media and putting in a good few pointed articles, his replacement seems out of his depth to me.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Largely agree with that J*B, but I did feel Sharpe was quite canny in working round the limitations of modern day local media and putting in a good few pointed articles, his replacement seems out of his depth to me.

It's the nature of local journalism. Now at least. He's only about 25 years old.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SBlue said:

From what I've seen McGuire doesn't look physical (or "nasty") despite being tall and well built. Can't see him bullying centre backs in the Championship - so a bit like Gally. Doesn't appear to have impressive ball skills, hold up play or incisive first time passing. Not surprising for someone playing college soccer rather than going through a youth academy or the rough and tumble of non-league football here.. I suspect he's no better - or even as good - as Telalovic. It's just as well he's only coming on loan so he can be binned at the end of the season.

17 minutes ago, alcd said:

From what I've seen McGuire doesn't look physical (or "nasty") despite being tall and well built. Can't see him bullying centre backs in the Championship - so a bit like Gally. Doesn't appear to have impressive ball skills, hold up play or incisive first time passing. Not surprising for someone playing college soccer rather than going through a youth academy or the rough and tumble of non-league football here.. I suspect he's no better - or even as good - as Telalovic. It's just as well he's only coming on loan so he can be binned at the end of the season.

He must have a little bit of ability to have received an international call up 

Will he even play anyway if only one up top and JDT is still manager he will start Gallagher 

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Will he even play anyway if only one up top and JDT is still manager he will start Gallagher 

I think a solitary international call up sometimes does more heavy lifting than it should. The squad contained only US based players when he came off the bench.

Wahlstedt has a solitary cap and look at him.

Mind you, if we are comparing to Telalovic he would have to be bad.

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Walstedt has played once for Sweden. The US hand out appearances very generously. Of course if he's young and in the scoring charts they'll have a look at him. He's the insurance when Gally pulls up with another calf strain.

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think a solitary international call up sometimes does more heavy lifting than it should. The squad contained only US based players when he came off the bench.

Wahlstedt has a solitary cap and look at him.

Mind you, if we are comparing to Telalovic he would have to be bad.

I didn't realise that about it being only us based players to be fair ,JDT wanted an experienced player there and I think he put his foot down over Gallagher being sold

Really hope these JDT leaving rumours are nonsense 

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I think local media especially has changed so much over the last 15-20 years. There was a time when the clubs needed them as much as they needed the clubs. I remember SAF used to argue with the MEN every single week, but they could never ban such an important local media outlet. I remember in 2011 the LET bravely lead with a story calling for Kean to be sacked - I don’t think they’d be able to do that nowadays.

The reality is now journalists are at the mercy of website clicks, so don’t really have the scope to do long investigative pieces and have the maintain a positive relationship with the club or realistically they’ll lose their job. If a BBC Lancs reporter, as an example, pisses off the club they’ll ultimately lose their job because BBC Lancs can’t rock the boat. 

That being said I have a lot of respect for all local journalists doing their best whilst working under the restrictions that the job provides. 

Yes local football news is vital to the survival of a local press. They daren't risk that relationship. Gone are the days when the Club would be (justifiably) criticised.

We do the job on here now!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

The thing that got me was when he made a post on deadline day night something along the lines of

"Ennis to Stoke still seems to be on. Not clear if it's a permanent deal or a loan with a view or an outright loan at this stage"

Well, pick the bloody phone up and ask someone then! You're being paid for this!

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Convenient, that, for those that dislike Broughton.

I think Broughton's worse than  useless but if a signing is made on his watch you have to give the credit to him so its unfair not to credit him with SS.

Where I differ to most is how good or otherwise his other signings have been.

Everyone usually comes up with at least one good signing. Mowbray and Venus signed Dack and Armstrong and even Owen Coyle signed Charlie Mulgrew.

• Backroom
Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I think Broughton's worse than  useless but if a signing is made on his watch you have to give the credit to him so its unfair not to credit him with SS.

Everyone usually comes up with at least one good signing. Mowbray and Venus signed Dack and Armstrong and even Owen Coyle signed Charlie Mulgrew.

And Gregg turned up Tronstad, who (for my money) is the most complete and combative central midfielder I’ve seen at the club since David Jones (still baffles me that we never tied him down).

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mike E said:

And Gregg turned up Tronstad, who (for my money) is the most complete and combative central midfielder I’ve seen at the club since David Jones (still baffles me that we never tied him down).

This is perhaps the most depressing summary of the Venkys regime you could ever wish to see. If we havent had a midfielder up to the standards of such a bang average player in all these years.

14 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The likes of Szmodics, Armstrong and Dack werent good signings, they were all outstanding for the money paid.

I do appreciate that we cant let standards drop but you are overly harsh with your judgements of signings. They arent just the odd good signing. The likes of Tronstad, Hyam, Kaminski, Rothwell, Pickering and a few others also range from good to very good signings under the last 2 tenures, and there are more. 

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

This is perhaps the most depressing summary of the Venkys regime you could ever wish to see. If we havent had a midfielder up to the standards of such a bang average player in all these years.

That did occur to me as I posted 😞

To think only 5 years before Jones, we had Tugay.