BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

Claret in peace, as ever ... 

Just occurred to me this morning, that whilst Orlando City will receive a loan fee of around £500,000, Rovers will be paying all of McGuire's wages. Last year, he was reported to have earnt around $75,000. Even if Rovers are paying for a 6 month house rental and a lease car for him, it's still going to be a Championship player for less than £3k a week ... 

Now I'm sure his agent would have pressed for more money, but Rover's reply would surely have been, " No, we pay what he's been earning. Duncan now has a great opportunity to get himself a future in English Football, and obviously we'll look at it again when/if the deal is made permanent in the Summer " .. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Just about to post this. 

""FootballTransfers understands that the club is aware of the situation and is awaiting the outcome of an appeal, which will be heard over the weekend.""

If our track record with appeals hold, this deal is dead in the water

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Just about to post this. 

""FootballTransfers understands that the club is aware of the situation and is awaiting the outcome of an appeal, which will be heard over the weekend.""

If our track record with appeals hold, this deal is dead in the water

If this is true it’s no wonder JDT wasn’t permitted to speak to the media yesterday. He’d certainly be asked about McGuire being the only decent bit of business out of the widow and would he say, “The club I work for is a complete mental institution.  Can’t trust a word I’m told and it’s run by incompetent fools”. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

I'd like to know what @chaddyrovers thinks of everything that's going on. Someone who tries to find the positives in as much as they can, if Venkys et al have lost him, the god help them.

(This is not a sly dig at Chaddy at all, just general intrigue).

Please don’t set him off. 

• Like 1

Last year GB took responsibility for the paperwork not going through on time. Be interesting what he says if the McGuire deal does fall through and it’s because of those above him. I can’t see him being keen to say ‘blame me’ again.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RTM08 said:

I don't expect this to be anything as he seems to be at Ewood for the game which is very different to the situation last season, but if they have managed to balls this up, I agree.

Once with something like this is an egregious set of errors, twice can only be deliberate. 

What do we think? 

25 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

I'd like to know what @chaddyrovers thinks of everything that's going on. Someone who tries to find the positives in as much as they can, if Venkys et al have lost him, the god help them.

(This is not a sly dig at Chaddy at all, just general intrigue).

In fairness he was pretty scathing the other day. If you’ve lost Chaddy then the Facebook lot can’t be too far behind. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Last year GB took responsibility for the paperwork not going through on time. Be interesting what he says if the McGuire deal does fall through and it’s because of those above him. I can’t see him being keen to say ‘blame me’ again.

It's a very weird situation.

GB clearly thought that money would be available from the Wharton sale. Somebody must have told him this. Hence the permanent deal for McGuire being all but done. Then all of a sudden the rules change, and suddenly we can't sign anybody for a transfer fee. McGuire transfer and any involving permanent fees thrown in the bin. Can't blame GB for that if this is what happened.

With that said, we had enough time to complete the loan deal, so if it's once again a case of fucking up the paperwork then it's sheer incompetence. If it's a case of Venky's/Suhail interfering again to make submitting the paperwork a nightmare then it's on them.

JDT suggesting to ask Steve, Suhail and the owners perhaps gives us a clue. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, superniko said:

In fairness he was pretty scathing the other day. If you’ve lost Chaddy then the Facebook lot can’t be too far behind. 

As I say, I wasn't trying to be facetious, for me he's a good barometer that if they've lost him, then as you say, the wider fan base will (surely to Christ) be in a similar position.

• Like 2

At what point does the behaviour of Waggot, Suhail etc become fraudulent. signing/agreeing and announcing players and what would seem purposeful form failure is a practise that would be open to legal challenge surely. Orlando and the player would be due damages you’d think 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I know its not a popular point of view but I didn't really think the owners  pulled the OBrien deal last year after giving it the go ahead in the first place and I definitely don't think that they would (having seemingly put a block on permanent deals for  players, and therefore having specifically authorised a substitute loan deal for the same player) then pull the loan deal as well.

For me it's either a case of colossal incompetence or someone worried about meeting their annual targets is deliberately sabotaging these deals. Either seem equally plausible and no prizes for guessing the most likely culprit if the second scenario

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

At what point does the behaviour of Waggot, Suhail etc become fraudulent. signing/agreeing and announcing players and what would seem purposeful form failure is a practise that would be open to legal challenge surely. Orlando and the player would be due damages you’d think 

Not sure if it's actionable per se BUT I was surprised any agents/players were still prepared to deal with us after we left O Brien hanging without a Club for ages.

In the case of Mcguire, the guy has got on a plane from the US in good faith. Had the permanent deal he thought he'd agreed snatched away from him mid flight, then been forced to go and talk to a other Club.

We've then somehow persuaded him to come back and accept a loan deal instead  he's come back to complete the formalities and thought it was done and dusted. He's attended the game today and it appears we've fucked up again and despite more money wasted on a no doubt fruitless appeal the poor player will probably eventually have to get back on a plane several days later.

Players/agents won't touch us with a bargepole at this rate.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I know its not a popular point of view but I didn't really think the owners  pulled the OBrien deal last year after giving it the go ahead in the first place and I definitely don't think that they would (having seemingly put a block on permanent deals for  players, and therefore having specifically authorised a substitute loan deal for the same player) then pull the loan deal as well.

For me it's either a case of colossal incompetence or someone worried about meeting their annual targets is deliberately sabotaging these deals. Either seem equally plausible and no prizes for guessing the most likely culprit if the second scenario

Just so happens that any deal involving a fee in the last 12 months have been the ones to be fucked up.

The frees and cheap loans get through the fax machine fine. Maybe it’s the pressure causing mistakes?

Could almost look like all fees have been totally blocked and the powers that be don’t want the DoF, manager and fans to know. Blame EFL rules, “changes to Indian tax law”, whatever.

I NEVER go in for conspiracy theories over logic.

Just must be a huge coincidence that it’s these two deals in particular.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SBlue said:

Just so happens that any deal involving a fee in the last 12 months have been the ones to be fucked up.

The frees and cheap loans get through the fax machine fine. Maybe it’s the pressure causing mistakes?

Could almost look like all fees have been totally blocked and the powers that be don’t want the DoF, manager and fans to know. Blame EFL rules, “changes to Indian tax law”, whatever.

I NEVER go in for conspiracy theories over logic.

Just must be a huge coincidence that it’s these two deals in particular.

It seems pretty obvious permanent fees have been blocked. We just seem to want to flush our money away completely albeit at a slower rate on loan fees.

Outward deals seem to go through no problem as well.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 3