BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 4/10/2023

• Backroom

With better quality we win that match, but you can say that about a lot of our defeats. The fact is the quality is not there, and Szmodics is the only fit player capable of scoring at anything resembling a regular pace. If he gets injured we are completely sunk. Venky's have absolutely destroyed this team with their summer shenanigans. 

What I fear is that, with these repeated defeats, the confidence will drain from the players we do have out there. They aren't really good enough as it is, but without any confidence it could get very grim. Huge game against QPR now. 

• Like 9

Coventry were dreadful and still won. You don't have to do much to score against us...but great passing football so all good. If you can't do the basics right then you're never gonna get results. JDT has got it hopelessly wrong this season with the way he's approached it. Trying to play like Barcelona on our budget is a very smart move.

5th from bottom and the worst defensive record. I'd get rid ASAP and get an organiser through the door.  

• Like 2

A few friends have thrown the relegation jibe at me over the last few weeks. 

I’ve managed to convince myself that the nice football we are playing will get us out of trouble.

This doesn’t look great and a losing to QPR on Saturday and I will start to panic.

• Like 1

Just now, Tugay-is-God said:

Reckon as soon as JDT goes, we'll never see Telalovic in a match day squad again. 

It’s only been glimpses, but it looks exactly as many of us expected when he was announced. 
Desperate for a number 9 all summer and we pick up a lad from the dog and duck in Bavaria on the last day for whatever change Venkys dangled for us.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Our FB hits the bar from 25 yards - bounces to safety.

Their FB hits the bar from 25 yards - bounces to their striker 6 yards out who heads in. 

Pretty much sums up our season.

Shit luck, no striker. 

They hit the bar two other times too to be fair. Maybe if we had another two we’d eventually bundle the ball over the line 

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

What I fear is that, with these repeated defeats, the confidence will drain from the players we do have out there. They aren't really good enough as it is, but without any confidence it could get very grim. Huge game against QPR now. 

This is where some experience would have come in bloody handy. We’re looking like we’ll need to be reliant on kids in a dog fight. Thank you Venky’s once again. 

It wasn’t a bad performance, it was more defensively solid than it has been. Hit and hope after a little bit of distracted defending and we’re nowhere near a second ball. Goal, mistakes get punished. That phase of play happens. We’ve had a goal dubiously (but probably correctly) chalked off and missed a 3-on-2 sitter.

I could see signs of excellent mentality at times and I suspect with the form we’re in, mentality might be coming into question.

I’m at QPR on Saturday. I’ve not witnessed a loss or a draw in the flesh for a good five years, so brighter times are around the corner.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Thought we looked much better defensively with Hill in there. Probably edged the chances. But same story of not being able to finish.

Hope Ennis is fit for Saturday.... we really need him to look the part.

Relying on a free transfer from League One. Think we just need to get onboard with Swaggots goal of obtaining safety.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WacoRover said:

We are just above the drop zone. 
Sunderland are firmly in run for the playoffs. 

We can forget about the playoffs this season. We're dire at both ends of the pitch and that is 100% at Venky's door. Though Broughton's signings have been largely pointless as well.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

The writing's on the wall. Relegation season.

How many times do we have to see this script? It seems to be happening constantly. Chances coming our way, shit finishing, then the opposition go and score a winner.

Venky's, Waggott, Silvester, the lot of the bastards from the Boardroom, to their advisors, to the cowards in Pune. Every single one of them deserves relegation.

Gutted for the manager, the playing staff and the fans. They've been hung out to dry and us fans don't deserve this shit.

I don't think the manager can be totally excused at this point, he's clearly lost the plot and doesn't know what to do or he just doesn't care and is willing the club to sack him (which they wont/cant do because we haven't even the money to pay him off and hire someone else even half decent)

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2