BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Wednesday (a) - 2/12/23

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

A Travis today would had been welcome....

Don’t understand why Garret didn’t get a run out. Besides JRC, I’d say Garret is the next player who’ll get stuck in and stand up for his team. Was very good when came on at Stoke last week. Thought he would have been perfect today

• Like 2

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, neophox said:

All bottom three teams won, QPR (good one against Preston), Plymouth and Sheffield W.

Eh? Rotherham are the other team in the bottom three. They drew away to WR's Birmingham.

Edited by DE.

5 minutes ago, Polky said:

The squad is so naive it’s painful. Every time we play a direct team, we’re so easy to play against. We can’t expect every team to let us knock the ball round and play nice.

Sheffield Wednesday players were knocking them around and we did nothing about it.

We don't have any roughhouses in our team. We clearly expect the referee to be competent - but as seen today and against PNE, sometimes they just let literally everything go and there's very little we can do about it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We don't have any roughhouses in our team. We clearly expect the referee to be competent - but as seen today and against PNE, sometimes they just let literally everything go and there's very little we can do about it. 

They got away with murder today. Pulling, pushing wasting time. We need to show more balls and a stomach for the fight. This game was tailor-made for Garrett. High on confidence, fresh and likes to put himself about. As for Moran, weak as piss. The only benefit to this deal is for himself and BHA.

• Like 2

Just now, Stonesrick said:

They got away with murder today. Pulling, pushing wasting time. We need to show more balls and a stomach for the fight. This game was tailor-made for Garrett. High on confidence, fresh and likes to put himself about. As for Moran, weak as piss. The only benefit to this deal is for himself and BHA.

If we are having to play a schoolboy who jogs I would rather he be one of ours.

1 minute ago, Stonesrick said:

Maybe JDT was worried he’d get red carded. When you’re the only one putting it about you stick out like a sore thumb. When everybody’s at it you.‘vee got a chance.

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Comfortably one of the worst results we've had for a while.

Sheff Wed have redefined crisis club, they are an absolute shambles.

We're the first team this season they've scored three against. They only managed 9 goals in 18 games before today.

Much like the Rotherham 4-0 debacle from last season, we'll just have to write this one off as a really poor result and move on. We know that if a team scores first against us we're basically dead in the water, and unfortunately it seems this is even true against the worst team in the league. Just have to hope we score first against Leeds.

I do agree with the concensus that the ref was an absolute embarrassment today though. I don't usually comment on the referee's performance as it seems like an easy excuse, but he was their 12th man this afternoon. Can't blame JDT for losing his rag. 

• Like 1

Disappointed by the result but its appears the second goal shouldn't have stood and when JDT is getting so incensed by the decision and then sent off cos of his decision. 

Not seen any action the game. Just listening to BBC Radio Lancs for the entire game. 

Lets not go OTT about the result or performance. Still 7th and lets rest up, and go and beat Leeds next Saturday now. 

22 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Just no consistency whatsoever..one step forward,two steps back.

really? won 4 out of last 7. second best league form in last 6 games before today. I would say consistency is there

22 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Our nice lads beaten by a load of alehouse footballers - again. A wake-up call really. You don't get in the playoffs with performances and results like that. 

The ref should have booked Vaulks in the first half but booked the wrong player. Ref bottled the second goal decision

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

My team talk if I was the Sheff Wed manager before the game - “ Get stuck right into these, they’re a bunch of kids and they don’t like it up ‘em”. 

Much like how I'd tell my teams to shoot on sight in this league, evidently I'd also tell them just to kick the opposition until the referee does something about it. 

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

We're the first team this season they've scored three against. They only managed 9 goals in 18 games before today.

Much like the Rotherham 4-0 debacle from last season, we'll just have to write this one off as a really poor result and move on. We know that if a team scores first against us we're basically dead in the water, and unfortunately it seems this is even true against the worst team in the league. Just have to hope we score first against Leeds.

I do agree with the concensus that the ref was an absolute embarrassment today though. I don't usually comment on the referee's performance as it seems like an easy excuse, but he was their 12th man this afternoon. Can't blame JDT for losing his rag. 

Their second was a clear foul they’re third a handball block that leads to a 1 v 1 because we’re pushing forward. They all count but it’s not like they created those goals 

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, yankfan said:

Their second was a clear foul they’re third a handball block that leads to a 1 v 1 because we’re pushing forward. They all count but it’s not like they created those goals 

Pretty much ties in with my comments on the ref, so yeah, I agree... but as you say, they all count and it's simply a fact that we're the only team they've scored three against. Whether you solely blame the ref for that or not, it is what it is. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stonesrick said:

Moran has got comfortably more assists for us this season than any other player.

• Like 2