BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 29/12/23

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, booth said:

We can't afford a striker but let's pay our current manager compensation and bring in Steve Cooper.

Yeah, I thought that shout was about as realistic as me having relations with Maya Jama tbh.

• Like 4

We are so predictable. Every team lets us pass around and counters us. Darren Moore said so himself and every team does it to great effect. Teams will continue to do this as we never change or adapt. 

We do have a squad lacking depth but we didn't lose as many players in summer as people made out. We lost Ayala (barely played), Dack (barely played and unfancied), Morton (derided as useless) and Diaz (big miss at times, fair enough). Kaminski too - but the manager seemed happy with that and didn't play him when fit. Yet we are considerably worse. 

I was firmly in the Mowbray out camp and whilst I think JDT is much better and his position shouldn't even be considered, it would be interesting to see the reaction if you swapped gaffers in the dugout with the same run of form. And yes, Mowbray had longer and got backed (occasionally) more, but it's striking how people treat criticism of JDT as a sin. He can be criticised when we are poor, like he deserved all the praise when we were good.

Edited by smiller14

If we didn't know where our next goal was coming from then I'd be worried, but we play good football and create chances. I wish we were sometimes (often) more direct in the final third, but there's nothing to suggest we can't score goals. 

This abject spell will end soon, we'll get some key players back from injury and go on a charge up the table, trust me 😉

Remember how worried we were about losing JDT in the summer? I can't believe people are now seriously suggesting he should be pushed out. 

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

The red card is completely on the manager. Hyam is clearly miles off full fitness, he was labouring after about 30 minutes and needed to come off at half time. Brittain is a waste of space, I used to think Tyler Morton was the softest player I’d ever seen but Cowardly Callum makes him look like Vinnie Jones. Hill looks a lot more comfortable at full back. Wrong subs too late. Were a soft touch and were too thin on the ground squad wise, but that was absolutely woeful. Again.

Well it was all on the ref because it was never a yellow but yes JDT should have subbed him prior to the red card because he was flagging 

1 minute ago, NeilInBristol said:

Well it was all on the ref because it was never a yellow but yes JDT should have subbed him prior to the red card because he was flagging 

If you mean the second one, it’s a blatant yellow. The stupid fucker just grabs his shirt once he’s been turned.

Usually it would win “dumbest red card of the year”, but Callum already has that sewn up this season.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

I suppose the positive aspect of our recent dive in form is that JDTs stock will be falling. I love JDT and think he will manage at the top, but I can’t help wondering if we’d be better suited to a Nathan Jones type of manager given how little money we have. I also wonder whether JDT is realising that the club is damaging his reputation as he is pretty well stifled by the lack of support he’s had. I suppose ultimately the choice of manager represents rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Our overall trajectory will always be downwards with our owners. Roll on 2024! 

1 minute ago, roverblue said:

Lose to Rotherham on Monday and big questions to be asked of JdT. We can’t continually go out trying to out score the opposition, the system has to change to tighten things up at the back. 

Everyone has different tipping points. For some it’s 6 defeats from 7 conceding 18 in the last 6. Others it will be a defeat at home to bottom of the table. Others longer still but he’s on a slippery slope here make no mistake. 

• Like 2

I haven't seen the game but i would guess its set up  to sit deep and let us have the ball and pick us off when we give them the ball then over run us after 70 mins when are legs have gone.Its Ali dope on the rope plan its all that teams need to do to beat us give us as much possession as we want and we give it back all the time getting to be the same story every week.

• Like 1

Just now, NeilInBristol said:

Yeh the first was not. They also did a lot worse and the ref didn't even give a foul let alone yellows

Don’t recall the first one.  And I did spend the last 10 minutes shouting “why’s that not a yellow” at all of their fouls

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

I've always been a big supporter of JDT. His hands are tied due to the lack of backing he's had from above. However, I do feel he is somewhat stubborn playing the same system week in week out. He has limited options to change personnel, but can change shape such as an extra body in midfield to protect the defence or play 3 central defenders in a back 3/5. Ofcourse can't do the later on Monday now after Hyam's red card.  

Teams have watched us, worked us out and are now punishing us. He needs to change it up.

Leo

Hill.          Carter.       Hyam 

Travis.       Tronstad.     Wharton.    Pickering     

Sammie.    Arnor

Telalovic

I bet you’re all glad I’m not in charge! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

18 goals conceded in 6 games. That's down to the manager and how he wants to play football. His style of football is exciting and but it's completely ineffective for the low calibre of player we have. We need a "win ugly" type of manager who builds from that back. Trying to outscore teams when you have the likes of Moran, Siggy, Markanday, Telalovic, Ennis etc leads to only one result. 

JDT is a very good manager but he's not the right fit for us.Time to get an organiser through the door. 

His 'style of football' didn't contribute to any of the three goals we conceded today - they were all down to individual errors. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, roverblue said:

Lose to Rotherham on Monday and big questions to be asked of JdT. We can’t continually go out trying to out score the opposition, the system has to change to tighten things up at the back. 

We don't have enough goals in us to outscore anyone, this tactic is insane. Our attacks nearly always break down, we're hardly a free scoring team.

Just now, wilsdenrover said:

Leo

Hill.          Carter.       Hyam 

Travis.       Tronstad.     Wharton.    Pickering     

Sammie.    Arnor

Telalovic

I bet you’re all glad I’m not in charge! 

Still a poor line up but at least I wouldn't have to watch Brittain phoning in his performance again.

3 minutes ago, roverblue said:

A few individual mistakes tonight, incredible that we can't cope with that corner kick from them. Markanday was clearly fouled beforehand too. And we had a big penaly shout... ref was shit, and so were we.