BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v West Bromwich Albion (a) - 13/1/24

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Iv'e been biting my lip on this for a while but HYam has been absolute gash this season he is way overrated here on the back of a handful of good performances over a season and a half.

The thing you need from a centre half is consistency and organisation and he's never delivered either.

I rate him, put him in a decent side with a solid keeper and you have a top championship CB. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Devon Rover said:

Literally, our only hope for our club seems to lie in the hands of the Indian authorities investigating Venkys. I just don't see the point of anything else going on involving the club right now, including the matches. 

Exactly that. I don’t even give a shit who we sign these days. Until that lot are gone the clubs dead.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mars Rover said:

I was surprised JDT didn't walk in the summer. I'll be less surprised, but still a little surprised, if he doesn't walk after this game.

I don't think for a second he's getting sacked. That would involve spending money.

He did look totally drained on the bench to me.

I do get the impression he is a no nonsense type and would not be too surprised to see him Jack.

So far as the game is concerned, it’s a depressing feeling even Sat at home in Spain, watching it on Rovers TV. 

• Like 1

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

This defense is funamentally broken. Is that JDT, Rene, Benson (set piece coach?) or the players? 

Andrew Moran with a blinding 45 minute game of hide and seek. Disgusting half... there's playing badly (Hyam, Brittain, Leonard), and then there's hiding, which is worse?

Hyam (mk 2?), Leonard and Moran need hooked. If Gallagher and JRC have 45 mins in them, get them in. Give Chrisene a run out too.

I'd genuinely be making 4 subs. 

I'd be making 5. Take the keeper off for an outfield player and it would still work out better than whatever that half was supposed to be.

2 minutes ago, matt83 said:

The owners are the biggest problem but jdt is a shit manager. Ironically if we had a functioning club he’d be long gone this evening and no one would bat an eyelid. 

JDT got Rovers our best ever league finish in the league since our relegation

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

I can’t believe you lot think changing manager is the solution here. The problems are so much bigger than that. 

There is ZERO point in having people like JDT, Sigurdsson, Moran, Wharton if the restrictions from the owners are as they are at the moment. 

Usually I would agree, but that we are not adapting how we play is a huge worry for me.

Ive never seen a team in such a long bad run continuing to play with so little defensive focus.

It could get us relegated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

How has Hyam gone from great to awful? He's been blamed for loads of errors since he came back from injury.

He’s been blamed, as he has actually made bad errors. To be fair he doesn’t look fit and has probably been rushed back too soon. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

He hasn't, we are a shambles and the manager needs to go....bet Hyam goes Brum

He's been very, very poor since he came back from injury. You could easily argue he's cost us two goals today (and possibly all three).

11 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

He had kaminski sold and given Leo. Every game he’s let a goal in at least , 2 today. How can he be blamed for that. He didn’t sell kaminski and didn’t sign Leo . Have you seen the depleted shit he’s been left with. No one and I mean no one could get a this team above mid table. The blame is everywhere but JDT. He’s in the media everyday saying what we’re saying everyday . He has said what will happen without bringing bodies in , he’s begged for experience. Seriously what more can he do. Take Leonard off and put pat gamble in the defence . He’s got literally nothing to work with

He can be partially blamed for Kaminski. When he was fit and Pears was getting wobbly, not putting him back in the team won't have helped at all. But either way we should have been insisting on more than 2.5 million, and should have been getting a better, more experienced replacement. All of that is on GB.

• Like 1

These “ players “ and I use this term loosely clearly have no confidence in themselves, each other and , more importantly, the manager .

They are bereft of confidence, guts direction and leadership.

We will be relegated if the current “ management “ remains . 

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I'm inclined to somewhat agree with Chaddy here. Managers and players don't usually turn to shit overnight.

The problem is this new "project" (aka the Waggott special aka sell anything that isn't nailed down and hope for the best) doesn't fit with JDT nor the players brought in. Hurtling towards relegation does not add value.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

On a small budget with no decent strikers, after the CEO allowed several players to leave for nothing.

Then this rapidly declining season coincides with the owners turning their collective backs on the team whilst telling the inept CEO to sell and save.

I know who to blame.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, waynerovers said:

Can we stop with the relegation hyperbole. We're ten points above the relegation zone, closer in points to 6th than we are 22nd. We've had a bad string of results, it happens to most teams throughout the season but talk of relegation is extremely premature, so give your heads a wobble.

Head in the sand...dangerous stuff.We are in absolute freefall.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 3

JDT will walk. Travis was upsetting apple cart in training. Players lost all confidence in him doing same thing every week. I think it's a shame as could have done well if backed but he's not the right man for a relagation scrap. 

It's a case of who blinks first. Ro.vers won't pay him off. Best outcome is Sweeden pay for his services.

We are in big big trouble both on and off the pitch.

• Like 1

Just now, Dolly blue said:

These “ players “ and I use this term loosely clearly have no confidence in themselves, each other and , more importantly, the manager .

They are bereft of confidence, guts direction and leadership.

We will be relegated if the current “ management “ remains . 

They mainly just need to stop losing every aerial duel. 

Just now, J*B said:

I offer assurances to anyone considering a protest against the ownership of Blackburn Rovers that you’ll have my full support in any way I can help. It’s time. 

It doesn't make a jot of difference, you know this. They simply don't care and have enough distance and money to insulate themselves from any protests. 

• Like 1