BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s & Waggott Out Protest Ideas

57 minutes ago, lraC said:

I wonder if a players rebellion would work?

With tricks like that, I am sure they are embarrassed by what the club do and I know they are unhappy with some of the charges they are brining in for them even as players and partners, so maybe, time for them to react.

Players come and go and are usually shielded from such goings on (remember from the impromptu fans meeting how some players were shocked at the cost of tickets) or in some cases they know and aren't bothered. Whilst we are emotionally engaged with the club many of the players simply are not. I saw something the other day where Karen Carney and some ex Rovers players were highly critical of the cut backs to the women's team but nobody from within the camp has said anything, in fact the Rovers Women's twitter has been exceptionally quiet. Us fans (the ones that aren't blinkered) are on our own here Carl.

• Like 2

Trouble is those ex players and useless journos bleating about the alleged cutbacks on the women's team haven't taken one second to examine why.

Because that wouldn't suit the victimhood narrative but they really should be highlighting the whole clubs plight.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, lraC said:

I wonder if a players rebellion would work?

With tricks like that, I am sure they are embarrassed by what the club do and I know they are unhappy with some of the charges they are brining in for them even as players and partners, so maybe, time for them to react.

Good grief this is nearly as fanciful as the anonymous letter someone sent to India 

Edited by PeteJD13
  • Like 1

The time for action is now or never.

Having read today’s Lancashire Telegraph article (link below), the money from the Wharton sale is being used to keep the lights on. I highly suspected that, but now that article has confirmed it today. 

Somebody please take the lead and organise a meeting on Zoom, to coordinate some kind of action with real impact. If it’s not done, we’re going to be sat in this situation for another 12 years, probably in League 2. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24460184.transfers-venkys-blackburn-questions-answered/

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, scotchrover said:The time for action is now or never.

Having read today’s Lancashire Telegraph article (link below), the money from the Wharton sale is being used to keep the lights on. I highly suspected that, but now that article has confirmed it today. 

Somebody please take the lead and organise a meeting on Zoom, to coordinate some kind of action with real impact. If it’s not done, we’re going to be sat in this situation for another 12 years, probably in League 2. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24460184.transfers-venkys-blackburn-questions-answered/

Looking at Elliot’s answers to the first three questions:

1. Any precedent that has been set is in relation to ‘meeting contractual obligations’ so even if you believe that line then no, they can’t invest as they please.

2. The whole purpose of the court proceedings was to be allowed to send funds - if this is now a given why are they still returning to court?

3. The earlier judgement made clear the bond condition is to remain until the end of  the Directorate of Enforcement investigation  - there’s been no suggestion this is coming to an end so I don’t see how 20th August can be important in this regard. 

I wonder if one of the reasons Venky's are reluctant to sell, is because they are being watched so closely by the Indian Govt. Maybe the are only allowed to do certain types of business overseas right now?

or

If the club is 200mil in debt etc, what value does it even have on the open market? What investment team is looking at BRFC and saying, "this is a nice investment opportunity."

And lastly, Venky's should be getting out from under anything that's losing them money, so perhaps it's just a pride thing. Pride run amok never ends well. Just look at US politics. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Looking at Elliot’s answers to the first three questions:

1. Any precedent that has been set is in relation to ‘meeting contractual obligations’ so even if you believe that line then no, they can’t invest as they please.

2. The whole purpose of the court proceedings was to be allowed to send funds - if this is now a given why are they still returning to court?

3. The earlier judgement made clear the bond condition is to remain until the end of  the Directorate of Enforcement investigation  - there’s been no suggestion this is coming to an end so I don’t see how 20th August can be important in this regard. 

It felt a bit like Elliott’s boss had forced him to do this and he was very reluctant to actually proceed with it.

The questions were carefully selected and the answers very guarded and ambiguous. 

5 hours ago, lraC said:

It felt a bit like Elliott’s boss had forced him to do this and he was very reluctant to actually proceed with it.

The questions were carefully selected and the answers very guarded and ambiguous. 

the answers were his opinions, a journalist should provide (or at least seek to find) the facts.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Should have got everyone to lob a handful of chicken nuggets instead of tennis balls, easy to get in!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Here’s my starting point:

All fan groups and communities unite and hand deliver a ‘demand for resignation’ on behalf of their membership, alongside a signed petition from any fan that doesn’t feel like they’re represented by a fan group, to Steve Waggott at Ewood. Stand in reception and refuse to leave until he personally accepts the paperwork.

Needs to be many confrontations with him and Suhail. They need to be put firmly in the spotlight.

After that, concerted leafleting campaigns around Ewood, targeting the people running the club, not just the owners. Outline the failures in bullet points, distribute to fans, update and amend as needed, but every weekend home game until there’s movement.

“What’s got better since Venky’s took over?”

I had an argument over the weekend about the running of the club, with one bloke who was in full support of them. After trying to deflect away from giving the answer, he finally caved in. That’s a the question that we should asking those who are sat on the fence though. It’s simple and straight to the point. 

When are we meeting to get this movement up and running? 

• Like 3

Thread here about off-season changes at Birmingham. Yes they got relegated but it’s 1 year with new owners and they’re actually sticking to their word (what happened to ‘never refuse a cheque’ with our lot whilst Ewood rots)

If you can’t click through; 2 new big screens, new sound system, box to box bar (one long bar across the whole stand with 12 till points and bierkeller style seating), shuttle buses, new WiFi system and more. 

1 hour ago, superniko said:

Thread here about off-season changes at Birmingham. Yes they got relegated but it’s 1 year with new owners and they’re actually sticking to their word (what happened to ‘never refuse a cheque’ with our lot whilst Ewood rots)

If you can’t click through; 2 new big screens, new sound system, box to box bar (one long bar across the whole stand with 12 till points and bierkeller style seating), shuttle buses, new WiFi system and more. 

£4.50 for a pint of Cruzcampo. It puts my 1 Euro20 (about 95P) at my local all day every day into perspective.

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Feels like this will be a very busy thread this season.

🗣 We want Venkys Out!, We want Venkys Out!, We want Venkys Out!, We want Venkys Out! 

Will only happen when we’re right on the cusp of relegation. 

4 hours ago, scotchrover said:

Any movement on the protest group getting going? 

No.

But Fuck off Venkys and Fuck Off Steve Maggott. This has been coming for a long time now and it beggars belief there are still fans out there in support of these absolute scumbags.

A season of pain & relegation to League One to get rid of these cretins from our club. The fans need to play their part in ensuring that is exactly what happens.

It’s gone way beyond “supporting the lads” now as the long term existence of the club is at stake.

IMG_5666.jpeg

• Like 3

We should realise now that Ewood will only KO organically, spontaneously however you want to describe it - largely on the back of a run of poor results.

Last season was a prime example when out of nowhere dissent came out to Swag et al. We then got a new manager and it was all ‘let’s all pull together and stay up’.

But that showed the ground will turn. This season will see poor results, and a lot of them. So we will see it again. Organised protests, walk outs, sit ins, don’t go ins etc etc are a waste of time and effort - poor results will do the work for you.

• Like 4