BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

13 minutes ago, Andy said:

I'm not surprised that JE is considering his future already - the writing is well and truly on the wall as to which direction the club is heading.

The bigger worry for me is who'll replace him, considering Duncan Fucking Ferguson was Waggott's choice before Broughton arrived and pulled the plug at the last minute.

Once again, nothing will improve at the club until the underlying cancers are removed.

Who says he is considering his future? 

On Ferguson, It was Ancelotti who recommend him to Waggott personally by ringing him directly and speaking to Waggott. 

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

I saw an interview with Troy Deeney at the end of last season, he was watching Rovers training and is a very good mate of Eustace. 

Deeney was pretty unequivocal, Eustace was fully aware of what he was coming into when he signed.

‘He loves a challenge, he doesn’t want it easy, when the odds are stacked against him he thrives’

Make of that what you will.

Exactly, Eustace and Deeney are very good mates and he did say this. Eustace will have know the situation here before he joined us

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gav said:

I saw an interview with Troy Deeney at the end of last season, he was watching Rovers training and is a very good mate of Eustace. 

Deeney was pretty unequivocal, Eustace was fully aware of what he was coming into when he signed.

‘He loves a challenge, he doesn’t want it easy, when the odds are stacked against him he thrives’

Make of that what you will.

I saw the same interview. The challenge that Deeney was on about was Rovers staying up. 

Eustace would have also seen the statement from the club about the funding issue being resolved. 

My guess is that like JDT last summer, Eustace is now realising he’s been sold a pup. He is quoted as saying he needs 4 or 5 quality signings. He wouldn’t say that if he didn’t think it was realistic. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

He did say it, but not in the context you’re implying.

People within football talk. Agents talk, managers talk. 

You honest think Eustace wasn't aware of the McGuire deal fiasco or the comments from JDT post QPR when he went into full rant mode 

• Downvote 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

You honest think Eustace wasn't aware of the McGuire deal fiasco or the comments from JDT post QPR when he went into full rant mode 

That’s all irrelevant. What is relevant is if he was made promises when he took the job about budgets this summer. 

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

That’s all irrelevant. What is relevant is if he was made promises when he took the job about budgets this summer. 

No its ALL relevant. He and his agent would have done their homework on the club and what has gone on here. 

Who knows what promises he was made if any. The rest is all pointless speculation  

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

No its ALL relevant. He and his agent would have done their homework on the club and what has gone on here. 

Who knows what promises he was made if any. The rest is all pointless speculation  

Your last sentence is the relevant part. The rest isn’t. 

If he was made promises about budgets that aren’t kept he will be unhappy. 

He won’t give a shiny shite what has gone on before he arrived at the club. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

go right back to the moment the rats took over the ship

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Inferi said:

Cannot agree. His interviews are very Kean-esque even though he hasn't directly praised the owners. Him first praising the quality of the squad and then resorting to cowardly tactics to grind out (mediocre) results. The "no excuses except every single excuse in the book culture". "No major surgery required". And more recently "Hedges is like a new signing".

“ Cowardly Tactics “ ? What the bollocks does that look like ?  I didn’t know the “ Queensbury Rules “ applied to football. You find a way to win, to keep us in the division. End of. That’s it.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

“ Cowardly Tactics “ ? What the bollocks does that look like ?  I didn’t know the “ Queensbury Rules “ applied to football. You find a way to win, to keep us in the division. End of. That’s it.

Cowardly tactics as in having a loser mentality. Cowardly tactics as in playing very defensively against poor teams even at home because of fear of losing. We didn't win many games.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Inferi said:

Cowardly tactics as in having a loser mentality. Cowardly tactics as in playing very defensively against poor teams even at home because of fear of losing. We didn't win many games.

What did you expect with the squad we ended up with ? Take Sammi out of that team and we didn’t have a goal threat anywhere. 

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What did you expect with the squad we ended up with ? Take Sammi out of that team and we didn’t have a goal threat anywhere. 

Well, in Eustace's own words:

This football club has some fantastic young players, the recruitment has been very good, the coaching has been excellent and it’s my job to try and evolve that and put my own stamp on it.

• Like 3

They all say that stuff, PR guff, part of the media training. It’s why I don’t listen to manager interviews (I made an exception for JDT), so only poor results get me riled, not the claptrap they come out with too.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Those tactics might grind out more points in the first half of this season than the much more open tactics of last season despite the sparse lightweight squad.

That's why he's here and that's what the grifters who run the club are banking on although all that depends on Szmodics as well.

45 minutes ago, Inferi said:

Well, in Eustace's own words:

This football club has some fantastic young players, the recruitment has been very good, the coaching has been excellent and it’s my job to try and evolve that and put my own stamp on it.

What do you expect him to say ? “ Jesus Christ, what a load of wasters I’ve walked into here. If I keep this lot up it will be a miracle “ ?

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What do you expect him to say ? “ Jesus Christ, what a load of wasters I’ve walked into here. If I keep this lot up it will be a miracle “ ?

Does it have to be one extreme or the other?  It's just one of the things that made him sound like a yes man.

• Like 3

I've no problem with setting up to grind out results and be hard to beat as long as the objective is to win the game.

For me, setting up not to lose and being happy to just take a point from a home game against Plymouth Argyle is not good enough. That mentality will only lead to one outcome.

We'll see how he does this season. Hopefully he gets the bollocks to call out those above him who have more than likely once again deliberately lied to the incumbent head coach. Hos stock will still be high after keeping us up last season so he needs to be lining up a move elsewhere soon before his reputation gets tarnished by the corrosive toxic substance that is venkys.

• Backroom
53 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I heard that in Cloughie’s voice. He’d have said, meant it, and turned it into motivation.

I wish Clough-type managers were still around. Think closest we’ve had in recent years (not even that recent) was the pound shop Clough: Ian Holloway.

• Like 1