BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

I would at least hope that Eustace's first intention (if he did have any money) would be to raid the carcas of a relegated side just because he has worked with them before.

Bacuna is a liability 9 times out of 10 and Dembele couldnt get in the team or even the bench as the season went on. After his initial hype, I know he played well here but more often than not he flattered to deceive.

• Like 1

Eustace is quickly going to lose the fans if he comes out with more of this rubbish. 

Why can't he say we have lost wharton, might lose others (sammie) and we will need to recruit well to replace them and also avoid being down the bottom again next year. Not difficult. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Eustace is quickly going to lose the fans if he comes out with more of this rubbish. 

Why can't he say we have lost wharton, might lose others (sammie) and we will need to recruit well to replace them and also avoid being down the bottom again next year. Not difficult. 

he`s part of the waggot crew,he won`t say anything that steve might find uncomfortable,we could lose 10 in a row and he`d still be on the same positive line,he`s set his statement of intent when he uttered "we don`t need a rebuild" to me thats basically saying,we`ll try to survive and if we finish 4th bottom,it`s been a good season

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s part of the waggot crew,he won`t say anything that steve might find uncomfortable,we could lose 10 in a row and he`d still be on the same positive line,he`s set his statement of intent when he uttered "we don`t need a rebuild" to me thats basically saying,we`ll try to survive and if we finish 4th bottom,it`s been a good season

Depressing. That lack of accountability just filters down to every area of the club, including the team.

• Like 3

I don't believe a word of the "we don't need majory surgery" line from Eustace. We often hear that from managers and then they go and sign 50 new players! No manager is gonna upset the squad by saying he wants big changes in personnel. 

I personally think there will be a lot of comings and goings. 

Really like the look of the next batch of academy kids coming through too. Think we have some very good players on the verge of the first team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

To be brutally honest, you could take your own advice

"We" don't already know anything. It is you and a handful - literally, a handful - of posters who parrot this yes man plodder Steve Kean nonsense

The rest of us can see him for what he is. A coach who is operating with his hands tied behind his back

Bollocks. This is the absolute worst squad to ever call themselves Blackburn Rovers. 

If you don't think we need a complete rebuild then I'm not sure you've been watching the same team as me.

JDT was also hogtied completely but was always striving for excellence. This guy takes every opportunity to announce to the world that mediocrity is the best we can hope for. For me, that isn't good enough. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Think the reality is that if Leicester had needed a result in that last game then we would be down and Eustace would have been seen to have made a real dog's breakfast of it.

I have seen or heard nothing from Eustace to suggest he's his own man, as opposed to a Waggott installed puppet.

I don't like his cliche / platitude ridden interviews - to me he's a bullsh1t merchant cut from the same cloth as Kean and Coyle - and I certainly don't see the hunger and ambition we saw with JDT until, IMO, the Raos and Waggott p1ssed him off.

I wish I could be more optimistic but I think it will be another relegation strewn battle (and one we are unlikely to win) before ever decreasing Ewood crowds.  As for player trading, think our signings will be restricted to the has-beens, the never-will-bes and unwanted (by their parent club) loanees - if they are cheap enough then they will be deemed good enough.

At the moment, there is nothing with Rovers that gives me any hope of a brighter future.

Yep, I'm sure Leicester wanted to lose 2-0 at their promotion party.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

bearing in mind we’ve signed 5, 6 and 7 players respectively for the last 3 summers?

'signed' sounds like 'paying for' -23/24 only paid money for Walhstedt and O'Riordan (£1.5m)

1 hour ago, OJRovers said:

Mowbray did it for 5 years, he's loved here.

So I think people will buy into the Eustace bullshit quickly - I think he should be sacked personally.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think the reality is that if Leicester had needed a result in that last game then we would be down and Eustace would have been seen to have made a real dog's breakfast of it.

I have seen or heard nothing from Eustace to suggest he's his own man, as opposed to a Waggott installed puppet.

I don't like his cliche / platitude ridden interviews - to me he's a bullsh1t merchant cut from the same cloth as Kean and Coyle - and I certainly don't see the hunger and ambition we saw with JDT until, IMO, the Raos and Waggott p1ssed him off.

I wish I could be more optimistic but I think it will be another relegation strewn battle (and one we are unlikely to win) before ever decreasing Ewood crowds.  As for player trading, think our signings will be restricted to the has-beens, the never-will-bes and unwanted (by their parent club) loanees - if they are cheap enough then they will be deemed good enough.

At the moment, there is nothing with Rovers that gives me any hope of a brighter future.

Agree with most of what you say, however I will say if Norwich needed anything from their game, they would have got it and we'd stay up anyway. I think Leicester tried harder than any of the other teams playing the relegation threatened teams.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Looking at social media, I think their promotion party was 48 hours long at Vardys’s house during the week before the game.

Had they not secured the title I’m sure their preparation would have been very different. Having said that, the same applies with Norwich at Birmingham.

• Like 1

I think the point is whilst he might know it in his mind he isn't going to say it because that's not going to get a tune out of what is left. You've seen the Szmodics podcast he had to give the players more time off because they didn't want to be in 'working' all the time. He has to man manage the bunch of primma donnas and that's just going to knock the confidence. 

We are haemorrhaging £21 million a year! Let's just see what we have to spend. I think there will be a bit of cash then almost signing of mcguire showed that.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, ABRAM ROVER said:

He's hardly going to come out and say everyone is sh*t we need a complete squad overhaul, 10-15 players because the rest aren't good enough and we are going to spend quite a bit of money this summer on a new team. 

In the same respect, he doesn't need to come out and say anything of substance on the matter.

Sometimes it's better to say nothing than risk sounding like an idiot.
He's got a bit of form in the short time he's been here.

Edited by Andy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i`ve worked in places like that,it must be the same in a football club,every day is just passing time without anything to look forward to

this surely the worst period in our illustrious history,even in the completely skint era of the 80`s the club was always ambitious,properly run and connected with the fans,we were run on a shoestring but everyone was in it together for rovers,i could take having no money but having venkys,swag and nothing to spend,you might as well shut the club down,the situation has got to change

I've just resigned from a company like that, however in Eustace and lots of other people in every day life's cases, they need the financial security.

Principles and morals are great unless you've got the mortgage to pay and a wife and 3 kids and a lifestyle to maintain.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, OJRovers said:

Sadly i think he's going to lose fans if/when it becomes more apparent that he's 'team waggot' andcshares the same lack of ambition has him and his cronies. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Get real!

I remember when Rovers won promotion at Bury on a Tuesday night back in 1980 and ended up back at Bulls Head, Wilpshire for a big bash and it was a big bash as I was there! That was one night only and I don't know what happened on the next three nights.  However, four days later, we played our last match of the season against Bury again but at Ewood Park in front of our adoring fans who wanted a 'promotion party' and we unexpectedly lost and were unrecognisable from the team that clinched promotion just four days early.

These things happen and it would be naive to think otherwise!

Edited by Mercer

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The club being run by owners with a slight interest and bit of ambition to do more than tread water?

Would a 30 year old out of contract Peterborough sub get you excited?

No it wouldn't but I wouldn't be targeting him anyway

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I would at least hope that Eustace's first intention (if he did have any money) would be to raid the carcas of a relegated side just because he has worked with them before.

Bacuna is a liability 9 times out of 10 and Dembele couldnt get in the team or even the bench as the season went on. After his initial hype, I know he played well here but more often than not he flattered to deceive.

I would look at other players from any club whether relegated or not that with add quality and difference to our squad. I have posted a summary of players I would look at targeting and who in my opinion would improve our squad

Hull's owner has come out and said Allsop is crap, Connolly is over weight and playing passes between defenders is naff.

Would we take Allsop and Connolly and does this help our chances 

11 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Hull's owner has come out and said Allsop is crap, Connolly is over weight and playing passes between defenders is naff.

Would we take Allsop and Connolly and does this help our chances 

Allsop isn’t an upgrade and what we have. Connolly has shown he knows where the net is but his fitness is an obvious concern. 

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

As always, comparisons to K**n & Coyle are way wide of the mark.

He's got some distance to go before he reaches those levels.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Get real!

I remember when Rovers won promotion at Bury on a Tuesday night back in 1980 and ended up back at Bulls Head, Wilpshire for a big bash and it was a big bash as I was there! That was one night only and I don't know what happened on the next three nights.  However, four days later, we played our last match of the season against Bury again but at Ewood Park in front of our adoring fans who wanted a 'promotion party' and we unexpectedly lost and were unrecognisable from the team that clinched promotion just four days early.

Then again, I don't remember one person on here giving us an Earthly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Get real!

The Bulls Head, now a Co-op ☹️

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Bollocks. This is the absolute worst squad to ever call themselves Blackburn Rovers. 

If you don't think we need a complete rebuild then I'm not sure you've been watching the same team as me.

It's not THE worst - there's one I can think of in the 1970s that was worse - but it's not far off.

Agree though that we need a total rebuild and serious money spent

• Like 3