BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Celtic signing another centre mid come centre back.  Lawal who was at Fleetwood might be worth a cheap loanee punt ala Ayari.  

Never keen on developing other clubs talent but a cheap utility player with some promise might be an ok avenue to explore. 

6 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Docherty probably a solid signing instead of Fleck. Sonny, JRC, Trav +1 (Docherty) and Garrett coming through seems reasonable. I’m not sure JE fancies Buckley and at his age, he can’t sit in the bench so I reckon he’ll go.

Only a rumour of course but I’d prefer to save our £10m war chest for all these forwards we’re after! 😅

I'd be a better signing than John Fleck.

No big juicy commission for swag of I signed though.

• Like 1

Bair, Docherty, Murphy all linked in recent days. I know they are just rumours but I hope we are after much better calibre players than that. None are good enough if we want to have a better season than the last one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yeah, Garrett's been very disappointing. Really struggled all season. Had a few good games in the cups against lower league opposition but in the Championship just couldn't cut it.

I definitely think there's a player in there, but he desperately needs a run of games. 

He struggled to get up to the pace of the game at times when used (sparingly) as a sub - our poor recruitment meant he was held onto as a bit part player, rather than going out on loan to develop like S. Wharton and Carter did (and Leonard needs to too). 

• Like 2

We are at the time of year where agents are desperate to get their players names out so I wouldnt read much into these rumours. Especially as our owners are notoriously particularly slow to tell anyone whats going on regarding budgets even before they lost interest totally and got embroiled in a legal case. And factor in that our director of football has just left.

Mind you, I wouldnt expect a higher calibre of players.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rovers11 said:

Bair, Docherty, Murphy all linked in recent days. I know they are just rumours but I hope we are after much better calibre players than that. None are good enough if we want to have a better season than the last one.

We're more likely to end up signing much worse.

• Like 1

1 thing with us as a club is yes we might sign a player or 2 that we're linked with, but with venkys and the people running the club we'll sign someone that no one is expecting who is terrible and not the standard we need and hope they come good 

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lets hope for either potential signing close to signing or we find out who will fill in these 2 new roles to replace GB

I think director of recruitment (if that was a role suggested?) should be prioritised.

1 hour ago, Tugayisgod said:

Nicko teasing us with a couple of stories on Sunday, one which sounds interesting.

Any ideas ?

Screenshot_20240524-143248.png

The Rao’s are leaving town 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Craigman said:

I reckon it might be about Rory Finneran possibly.

Isn’t the scholar signing event tonight? We should know if he’s staying before Sunday.

• Like 1

Just hope it’s Not Sam Gallagher is signing a new long contract or that Mark Venus is free now to take up the post after his Birmingam paperwork is finalised… both are nightmares … 

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Just hope it’s Not Sam Gallagher is signing a new long contract or that Mark Venus is free now to take up the post after his Birmingam paperwork is finalised… both are nightmares … 

Veno!!! 🤦🏽‍♂️🤣🤣

32 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Oh dear 🤣 Are these things you’ve heard?

41 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Christ almighty that is a shocker 

Venus will be at a loose end now his mentor has retired but to be honest would he be any worse or better than Gregg ?

Knows the club well but i think we'd be doing a lot more business taking Boro and Covs cast offs and Pears would get a new long term deal !

1 hour ago, unleaded said:

Assume Venus and Waggott are mates?

Jesus wept, they better not bring him back.

If that happened it would show just how much of a grip Waggot suddenly has on the club which is rather odd.

Seems generating our own funds means he's in sole control.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Re: Bair, general story is he was an exciting prospect for Canada, but disappointed when trying to break into Vancouver's squad in MLS.  Hence a loan to Norway's 2nd division, where he finally impressed a bit, caught St Johnstone's eye, but flopped there and left by mutual consent.

Common complaint at Vancouver and St Johnstone was playing too much on the periphery despite his physical tools. Also reports of not putting in enough effort in practice when he was younger...

Was essentially written off by Canadian soccer fans by then (although only 23 when he left St Johnstone...), but made a surprise move to Motherwell and was a revelation there (their POTY). Perhaps finally putting it together?

Notable he's been included in Canada's squad for Copa America, his first time joining the national team since 2020. (Feel free to scoff haha, but Canada has quite a few attacking options!)

Rumour is he's making peanuts at Motherwell (not surprising given his track record before joining), so probably easily tempted by a 'lower-tier' Championship salary... Maybe Rovers took note of him at Motherwell while keeping tabs on Vale/Gent (or allows for lazy journalism 🙂)

Obviously would prefer someone with a longer scoring record, but could be a case of picking out a player on the upswing while he's still cheap-ish.

(Thought I'd chime in when a Canadian is randomly/allegedly on our radar haha. Last transfer window, it was Ike Ugbo, who similarly had a mixed scoring record, hence mixed reactions here. He was angling to leave Ligue 1 Troyes, where he joined after a successful loan but then fell out with the coach. Ended up at Sheffield Wed and was a big part of their survival, scoring 7 in 18. He's on Canada's fringes too and notable he was left off the Copa America roster, unlike Bair...)

Edited by RoverCanada
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

Should put ourselves in the mix for this lad - was thought to be a big prospect at one point if I remember correctly.

Probably not short of offers, but no harm in trying.

Edited by TheRevAshton

18 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Should put ourselves in the mix for this lad - was thought to be a big prospect at one point if I remember correctly.

Probably not short of offers, but no harm in trying.

Think he's struggled when out on loan at lower levels than the Championship just as Vale.

Don't think he's one for us