BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

13 minutes ago, rigger said:

That doesn't mean he will reproduce the same form next season. Knowing when to release a player is a major part of running a football club.

another facet which are crooked owners have never mastered,one in a long list of complete failures

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's is where GB let himself down cos he couldn't get the best loans in. We had Hirst but JDT couldn't get him firing. McKenna did. 

GB loans over his time here wasn't good enough and probably one of the factors in GB leaving. Also this maybe why John Park is coming in to oversee Recruitment given how well his loan signings did here in Van Hecke and Khadra to lesser extent Poveda and Giles. Plus he scouted Hedges 

Devil's advocate  - the reason Broughton was removed was because Waggott didn't like him and didn't want a director of football.

I'm sure a poster on here who met with Waggott posted that Waggott said exactly that, ie he didn't feel the need for a DOF.

Personally, I'm happy to see the back of Broughton, who I felt was out of his depth.

However, that doesn't mean he was a bigger problem than Waggott, indeed, far from it.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, rigger said:

That doesn't mean he will reproduce the same form next season. Knowing when to release a player is a major part of running a football club.

and Bob Lord at Burnley was a master of the art!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Devil's advocate  - the reason Broughton was removed was because Waggott didn't like him and didn't want a director of football. I'm sure a poster on here who met with Waggott posted that Waggott said exactly that, ie he didn't feel the need for a DOF.

Waggott can't removed him, Venkys can. Venkys want this director of football setup and still really in place but splitting into 2 roles. 

So if he didn't think we needed why did Mark Venus do it for a couple of years behind the scenes? 

Personally, I'm happy to see the back of Broughton, who I felt was out of his depth.

Fair enough, his loan signings were poor overall when they played here. Hirst and Thomas have been made an impact after being here. 

However, that doesn't mean he was a bigger problem than Waggott, indeed, far from it.

fair enough

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Agents trying to get the ball rolling i doubt if Gala have even heard of him unless Tugay is trying to make a few quid.

I don't know about that mate... Anyone who's scored as many goals as Sammie, in the league below the prem will be known to almost every club in Europe. 

• Like 7

You'd imagine SS' heart is set on a Prem move, particularly at his age now.

It'll be a case of whether a Prem club comes in for him over the summer.
Though with the Euros taking up a good chunk of that period, any move will probably be late in the window.

His agent and the club will almost certainly have agreed a fee and, as much as I rate him higher, I'd imagine it'd be between the £8m-£10m mark.

We'll hope a bid doesn't come, but surely a lower-end club will take a punt, even the newly promoted clubs.

For Nixon's weekly big Sunday special does he:

Find out mid week, make a note and hope no one breaks it before him (every week ad infinitum) 

Have some contact at the club working overtime Saturdays during the season end

Make it up and cover himself with vague mystic meg predictions 

1 minute ago, B16Rover said:

For Nixon's weekly big Sunday special does he:

Find out mid week, make a note and hope no one breaks it before him (every week ad infinitum) 

Have some contact at the club working overtime Saturdays during the season end

Make it up and cover himself with vague mystic meg predictions 

i`ll go for the latter

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Though with the Euros taking up a good chunk of that period, any move will probably be late in the window.

His agent and the club will almost certainly have agreed a fee and, as much as I rate him higher, I'd imagine it'd be between the £8m-£10m mark.

We'll hope a bid doesn't come, but surely a lower-end club will take a punt, even the newly promoted clubs.

My money would be on Ipswich.

He could move home and only have a short commute.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Andy said:

at least £15m should be the bench mark, He is peak years as a footballer and just scored 33 goals in a season. 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

at least £15m should be the bench mark, He is peak years as a footballer and just scored 33 goals in a season. 

Sadly Chaddy, he's going on 29 and never played above Championship level.

His goal record was highly impressive last season but so was Armstrong's in his last season with Rovers and he struggled in the PL!

We signed Telalovic who was banging them in for fun with Borussia 11 but he looks like he couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo at this level!

Realism is called for. 

Without doubt SS is desperate for a shot at the big time and it would be the height of idiocy to deny him that opportunity by holding out for a ridiculous price - you just end up with one wholly unhappy player.  I think £10 to £12million with some add ons as a bonus would be a fair deal for all concerned.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Neal said:

I don't know about that mate... Anyone who's scored as many goals as Sammie, in the league below the prem will be known to almost every club in Europe. 

Turkish Super League winners looking at English 2 nd tier forward ?

Hmmm...

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Waggott can't removed him, Venkys can. Venkys want this director of football setup and still really in place but splitting into 2 roles. 

So if he didn't think we needed why did Mark Venus do it for a couple of years behind the scenes

Waggott can’t remove a DOF, but he can brief and conspire against him, and get in Suhail’s and the owners’ ear.

We’ve seen it several times since Venkys took over. Senior staff who should be working together but who are actually consumed with petty power struggles.

Venus wasn’t the DOF. He was given some ridiculous, trumped up title, but Mowbray was the manager, (not head coach), and he certainly wasn’t answerable to his own assistant.

A technical director role would suggest less of a managerial role and more emphasis on style of play.

Similarly, a head of recruitment will be answerable to the CEO and have less autonomy.

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Defender, cost how much ?

Think he's a winger, Google tells me a pre contract. 

Agree Turkish football has no money though.  

Also think if they did, and Szmod can't sort a proper deal elsewhere - the country, passion and European competition could tempt him 

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I didn't remember these players complaining when we signed Armstrong on loan in league or Elliott or Van Hecke or Tosin in the championship? 

is Gilsenan ready for Championship football tho or does he need loan spell somewhere? 

Moran did well in the first 3 months then in December he started struggling. Chrisene I thought would good during his time here and would bring in back on loan if we could. Ayari looked decent enough. 

That's is where GB let himself down cos he couldn't get the best loans in. We had Hirst but JDT couldn't get him firing. McKenna did. 

GB loans over his time here wasn't good enough and probably one of the factors in GB leaving. Also this maybe why John Park is coming in to oversee Recruitment given how well his loan signings did here in Van Hecke and Khadra to lesser extent Poveda and Giles. Plus he scouted Hedges 

Why would anyone accept such a low fee given he is peak of playing career and just scored 33 goals last season. 

A very quick point - if you think the quality of the loans under Broughton were even a small part of him leaving them you haven't been paying attention. 

21 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Think he's a winger, Google tells me a pre contract. 

Agree Turkish football has no money though.  

Also think if they did, and Szmod can't sort a proper deal elsewhere - the country, passion and European competition could tempt him 

Seems like he was a punt on a rated young player who's Nigerian i suppose a bit like clubs trying to nab Ash Phillips before he signed a contract here.

So not really a similar scenario but agree i'm sure Szmods would love it but i just can't see them looking at him at anywhere near 15 mill it's just agent tittle tattle imo put out there to start the ball rolling.

Bollocks selling a striker who's scored 33 goals for under £10m

Better we keep Szmodics until the end of his deal. We can't replace him. No need to sell.

Show some balls and some ambition!

• Like 1

Szmodics is the only player we can rely on...keep him and build around him next season investing in some proper players with the Raya and Wharton money...show some balls Venkys shit..

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Waggott can’t remove a DOF, but he can brief and conspire against him, and get in Suhail’s and the owners’ ear.

We’ve seen it several times since Venkys took over. Senior staff who should be working together but who are actually consumed with petty power struggles.

Venus wasn’t the DOF. He was given some ridiculous, trumped up title, but Mowbray was the manager, (not head coach), and he certainly wasn’t answerable to his own assistant.

Venus was doing DoF duties has Mowbray said one interview. I can find you the comments if you want 

Yet again, We don't know if they has been power struggle behind the scenes. 

42 minutes ago, martonrover said:

A technical director role would suggest less of a managerial role and more emphasis on style of play.

Similarly, a head of recruitment will be answerable to the CEO and have less autonomy.

Yes it would appear that's the case. Lets who we appoint and what their job role actually is 

16 minutes ago, London blue said:

A very quick point - if you think the quality of the loans under Broughton were even a small part of him leaving them you haven't been paying attention. 

We didn't even know why GB has gone. The club hasn't officially said have They? 

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Venus was doing DoF duties has Mowbray said one interview. I can find you the comments if you want 

Yet again, We don't know if they has been power struggle behind the scenes

Venus was still Mowbray’s assistant and I would wager that he was answerable to Mowbray who was manager (the clue is in the job title) not head coach.

We know going as far back to the times of Shebby Singh, Steve Kean, Paul Agnew and Derek Shaw that there have been power struggles.

We have previously had a Director of football in Paul Senior, and he also lasted about five minutes.

It’s a chaotic club, run by people who should be nowhere near it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, martonrover said:

We know going as far back to the times of Shebby Singh, Steve Kean, Paul Agnew and Derek Shaw that there have been power struggles.

What a shambles that was. 

5 minutes ago, martonrover said:

It’s a chaotic club, run by people who should be nowhere near it.

Yes we know this. I have said what we should have in place and what I would do.