BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

7 hours ago, KentExile said:

Luke Griffin (Rovers Head of European Scouting) also off this summer.

So that's no UK or international scouting at the moment, may as well close this thread for now

Rovers do have an advert posted in linkedin for Head of International Scouting, which I guess replaces the Head of European Scouting and gives that slight hope (which will likely not come to fruition) that Rovers may sign a load of South Korean or Japanese wonderkids for next to nothing

Not having a go at the individual but given the recruitment delivery, or should I say non-delivery, I’m not sure what they have to be proud about 🙈

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Taken from Twitter, Not sure who he is but he's doing a podcast tomorrow

Screenshot_20240529-184631.png

He’s one half of the ‘Price of Football’ podcast, they talk all-things finance in the football world.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

It’ll turn out to be something small and largely irrelevant, which will likely have no impact on improving the playing staff… which realistically, is all that we really want.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

That podcast think ‘The Venky’s’ are marvellous so presumably it will be another episode in which they blow smoke up their collective arses.

Edited by Mattyblue

"Good news" and Venkys depends on which side of the table you sit on.

For me good news would be active steps to leave the club, nothing more or less, and that's all there is to it.

I suspect for most others still clinging to hope or even worse are of the view that these repulsive people are good for Rovers then "good news" probably means something trivial like the potential for a few quid to possibly get put into the transfer kitty (until someone conveniently makes a hash of it anyway)

Personally I've no interest in such stuff because I think we are past that stage now and as above even if there is a possibility of money being spent it will no doubt be torpedoed by some bizarre series of nonsensical events at Brockhall.

• Like 5

It's worrying to see our scouting department decimated again - it was practically non-existent when Mowbray arrived and, in fairness to him, he worked with his team to reestablish it.

Feels like a cost-cutting exercise...

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Andy said:

It's worrying to see our scouting department decimated again - it was practically non-existent when Mowbray arrived and, in fairness to him, he worked with his team to reestablish it.

Feels like a cost-cutting exercise...

I'm not 100% but I think the recruitment people who are leaving/left joined the club the summer Mowbray left.When Broughton had come in or just before that 

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/irish-league/irish-league-club-set-for-100k-boost-with-young-prospect-off-to-blackburn-rovers/a471840018.html

First deal of the summer complete, £100k on Aodhan Doherty from Linfield.

18 year old left winger, made 7 appearances (191 minutes) this season with 0 goals and 1 assist.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Polky said:

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/irish-league/irish-league-club-set-for-100k-boost-with-young-prospect-off-to-blackburn-rovers/a471840018.html

18 year old left winger, made 7 appearances (191 minutes) this season with 0 goals and 1 assist.

thats the budget blown for this season😆

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

thats the budget blown for this season😆

Other clubs will be quaking in their boots!

We continue to plan for the future that never comes.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, KentExile said:

Luke Griffin (Rovers Head of European Scouting) also off this summer.

So that's no UK or international scouting at the moment, may as well close this thread for now

Rovers do have an advert posted in linkedin for Head of International Scouting, which I guess replaces the Head of European Scouting and gives that slight hope (which will likely not come to fruition) that Rovers may sign a load of South Korean or Japanese wonderkids for next to nothing

Yes. Wants a new challenge. Plus we know 2 months ago. Makes me wonder how many signings he put forward for us sign but we didn't. 

10 hours ago, Miller11 said:

A complete overhaul of the scouting department could be a real positive. Supposedly we’ve been stuck on the same player lists for every window in recent memory, so hopefully this will represent a clean slate. Our permanent signings over the last couple of years have been very hit and miss, and our loan business has been diabolical.

As long as we get replacements in in a timely fashion I don’t think the current exodus is much of a concern.

I agree our loans signings have been very poor. Think Morton, Chrisene and Ayari were the best we done..

The lack of good striker had cost us massively over the last 2 seasons plus JDT not getting the best out of Hirst either who proved himself at this level

32 minutes ago, Polky said:

Under 21's signing