BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

Id stay well clear of Rothwell

Have you forgotten his non performances after being refused a move to Bournemouth the January before his summer departure?

Up until then he had been excellent that season as soon as he didn't get his transfer his performances were shit

He is a 1 in 3 or 4 player anyway a decent performance followed by poor performances and like you say will be on more money than any of our players 

It's not a realistic suggestion as you touch on, but lets be real, Rothwell walks into our side, and would give us dynamism and excitement in our otherwise dull team.

3 hours ago, rigger said:

6th worse. I still think with a first choice keeper, we will be competing for play-offs.

Seriously? Our squad on paper minus Szmodics who will inevitably be sold is one that will be battling relegation or sat in mid table mediocrity at best next season. Competing for playoffs is an absolutely ridiculous claim after the season we’ve just had. 

Recruit 4/5 good quality players this summer and that opinion will change of course. 

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Most teams last season didn't spend more than £5m net spend 

So what. We're talking about Rovers and an inadequate squad. Most teams didn't sell their best player in January for that matter.

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

So what. We're talking about Rovers and an inadequate squad. Most teams didn't sell their best player in January for that matter.

Coventry sold their best 2 players last summer and still made top 10 and FA cup semi final. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Coventry sold their best 2 players last summer and still made top 10 and FA cup semi final. 

Again, that's just your opinion and I don't share it! 😀

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Even if the commercial side is improved, and it certainly bloody needs to, it would be marginal, not millions and millions a year. The key is player trading and its something the club has monumentally failed on throughout the Venkys era. It has to be continuous, we cannot allow players to run their contracts down and you have to invest some of each sale in order to then have further sellable assets to continue the cycle, sell and buy, sell and buy. The Armstrong argument might hold some weight if it wasn't for the fact that every sale just sees the proceeds vanish, it wasn't a one off. Wharton, Rhodes, Gestede, Cairney, the same thing happened.

Of course we could improve the club commercial like non match days events or finding a better shirt sponsor than we couldn't have. 

Yes when we make sales then half of that money should be re-invested in the team and rest towards paying the season debts off. 

I don't have a list of alternative signings no, you don't have to have an encyclopaedic knowledge across Europe and the time and desire to research potential signings, it's not our job, to be able to comment on that bunch. I know those players you mention because like you, I watch a lot of Championship football as we are in it, so our range of knowledge is limited. 3 of the players you mentioned went down with Birmingham and I am guessing that you presume that Eustace might want to reunite with them, Ruddy fuelled with the Nixon link even though you have said before that you don't know if he would improve us. The players you mentioned wouldn't particularly improve our starting 11, in my opinion. But I can't see us spending £5m anyway.

Just excuse that. 

So Hardie and Connolly wouldn't improve our forward line really? Both scored more goals than Gallagher did. 

Miyoshi would improve us.  

I don't know why Batty hasn't come through, presumably he isn't good enough to be playing Championship football. My point being, we had to presume that he was ready and were inevitably caught short when he wasn't, and it's not an isolated example. This football club is currently not geared to be particularly competitive at this level, our wage budget is tiny and we aren't allowed to reinvest the funds due to the owners.

Well maybe blame JDT and GB for thinking Batty was ready then? 

What is the wage budget for last season then? 

Also, has as been mentioned. The £20m a season losses and the £39m in 3 years are not directly linked, because not all of the losses are inclusive in FFP requirements. The reason we haven't been reinvesting isn't because of FFP. And it isn't predominantly because of the commercial side, as much as we should strive to improve it. Our player trading has forever been shocking. We sell, we don't reinvest. That is down to the owners. They also turn down bids for players whose contracts are expiring. Their sole focus is minimising losses, they aren't interested in what happens off the pitch.

We don't reinvested cos the owners don't want to keep covering the losses each season.

We turn down bids for one player. that's it

11 minutes ago, 47er said:

Again, that's just your opinion and I don't share it! 😀

So Coventry didn't sell their best 2 players last season in Gyrokers and Hamer to other teams then? not an opinion that is it?  

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So Coventry didn't sell their best 2 players last season in Gyrokers and Hamer to other teams then? not an opinion that is it?  

It’s a fact they sold those two players it’s your opinion they were their best two players.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

It’s a fact they sold those two players it’s your opinion they were their best two players.

Really!!! They were clearly the best 2 players there FFS! 

Edited by chaddyrovers

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

are you taking the piss? They were clearly the best 2 players there FFS! 

Its as clear as all the those posts you reply to with "that's just your opinion and I don't agree with it "(without saying "why" of course).

It kills debate---can you not see that?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

Its as clear as all the those posts you reply to with "that's just your opinion and I don't agree with it "(without saying "why" of course).

It kills debate---can you not see that?

No need for debate when it obvious to everyone including yourself. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Of course we could improve the club commercial like non match days events or finding a better shirt sponsor than we couldn't have. 

Yes when we make sales then half of that money should be re-invested in the team and rest towards paying the season debts off. 

Just excuse that. 

So Hardie and Connolly wouldn't improve our forward line really? Both scored more goals than Gallagher did. 

Miyoshi would improve us.  

Well maybe blame JDT and GB for thinking Batty was ready then? 

What is the wage budget for last season then? 

We don't reinvested cos the owners don't want to keep covering the losses each season.

We turn down bids for one player. that's it

I don't think they did necessarily think Batty was ready, as it isn't the only example. In fact, Tomasson was desperate for more players and made no secret of it. But they aren't going to come out and say, we can't afford a left back so we have no choice.

If you own a Championship club, losses are par for the course, even if you have a good commercial side. The only way out is promotion. The way to generate money to invest is by selling players, we manage that part (sometimes, when players don't run their deals down) but money to reinvest never materialises.

I agree that half the money should be reinvested. The thing is, it never is with Venkys. You seem keen to defend them by mentioning the losses but that isn't an excuse. The thing is, when you reinvest, then if you do it properly, you then potentially can profit on those players and the cycle continues anyway.

Any bang average striker would improve us in that we only have one senior striker at the football club who himself is a bottom half Championship standard one.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

They put that money back into the squad. 

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

are you taking the piss? 

been here on/off since the 90s and this must the GOAT of ironic posts .

Cheers chaddy just spat me brew out.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Amazingly the Chadster still thinks this is a well run club aside from ‘Waggott needs to get better on the commercial side’.

(Well, maybe not that amazing).

Edited by Mattyblue

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

high turnover of staff? really, Some of the staff have been there for 20 years plus. 

Footballing staff, there will always been natural turn over in staff for various. 

Also we had the same CEO for 6 years plus, Cheston was here for around 10 years and club secretary since our relegation from PL to championship.  Yes we have just replace with experience people. 

I would suggest there is a reason Waggott, Cheston and Silvester  have been (or were) at Rovers for many years!

IMO, unimpressive and unwanted individuals, bereft of nous, drive and ambition, with nowhere else to go and therefore very happy to top up their retirement pots in a cosy, pressure free zone.

FFS, get real - IMO, as a club, we are severely under-managed and the results are plain to see.

An owner of the ilk of Sir Jim Ratcliffe would rip our club apart from top to bottom and my goodness, I think it feckin needs it.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

But we didn't! We avoided relegation on the last day!

So what point are you trying to make? I honestly don't follow.

• Moderation Lead
9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

are you taking the piss? They were clearly the best 2 players there FFS! 

I think we need to do better than this. 
Best is often subjective anyway, tbf.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Yeah I’m sure JDT thought Batty was ready for the first team, more like ‘there’s no cash left for a left back, so you can have young Jake’.

The 30% pathway created on purpose as told to us by the Egg.

Just think how much that saves on the wage bill.

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

It's not a realistic suggestion as you touch on, but lets be real, Rothwell walks into our side, and would give us dynamism and excitement in our otherwise dull team.

When he can be arsed.

Being real he had probably 12 months here where he played well, contributing goals and assists,the rest of the time we got flashes of fancy dribbles that inevitably led to nothing.

Similar pattern at both Bournemouth and Southampton I presume considering he been a bench player fhe majority of the time