BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Posted (edited)

Today is the deadline for Finneran to let the club and the EFL know if he doesn’t want to stay with us so hopefully we’ll hear some news soon.

If he does leave, I believe the fixed compensation fee would be £375,000.

On top of that we’d receive a maximum of £3 million in appearance related compensation (£30,000 per PL appearance limited to 100 matches)

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 2

I have addressed your points though. We know what the problem is with us not investing the players sales but the main point is given Eustace a good championship squad which he can improve and move us forward. It doesn't require loads and loads of Millions tho

7 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Today is the deadline for Finneran to let the club and the EFL know if he doesn’t want to stay with us so hopefully we’ll hear some news soon.

Its looking like he is going Newcastle

On 30/05/2024 at 10:41, J*B said:

I heard it was John Park and Mark Venus coming back. But that sounds so ridiculous I can only assume its someone trolling me. 

For fuck sake, let’s hope so ! But then again this is Steve Waggott and the Pune bellends masquerading as the once proud, Blackburn Rovers and so nothing is impossible 🙈

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its looking like he is going Newcastle

Where has this come from ? If we lose him like Phillips, actually in worse circumstances, it needs to be looked at by the authorities as the whole situation is stacked against clubs trying to do the right thing in academy football.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

For fuck sake, let’s hope so ! But then again this is Steve Waggott and the Pune bellends masquerading as the once proud, Blackburn Rovers and so nothing is impossible 🙈

Adam Owen is joining Rovers from Hibs as our new head of technical. I have started a thread on it

3 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Where has this come from ? If we lose him like Phillips, actually in worse circumstances, it needs to be looked at by the authorities as the whole situation is stacked against clubs trying to do the right thing in academy football.

rumours online but it has been reported I think by Elliott Jackson that Newcastle are interest in him

2 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I'm pretty sure something went to vote for the whole of the EFL about compensation being reduced a few years ago. Most clubs in the EFL don't have CAT 1 academies so jumped at a "cash now bonus". Clubs like us are being strung up by the gonads due to it. The caveats being placed on the EFL clubs for the solidarity payments is beyond a joke.

2 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

If he does leave, I believe the fixed compensation fee would be £375,000.

On top of that we’d receive a maximum of £3 million in appearance related compensation (£30,000 per PL appearance limited to 100 matches)

The whole football model stinks...and the same football authorities would think nothing of imposing FFP penalties on a struggling club, disadvantaged by their own rules etc.

On another, similar note, I am just listening to the journos going on about the change in structure of the Champions League, which is purely to appease the "break away" clubs and its impact on our own FA Cup-removal of replays etc..

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have addressed your points though. We know what the problem is with us not investing the players sales but the main point is given Eustace a good championship squad which he can improve and move us forward. It doesn't require loads and loads of Millions tho

I have heard interest in defenders and midfielders, but no strikers mentioned yet. We almost took the drop because of a weak strikeforce ( Szchmodics not included) last season. 

3 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

I have heard interest in defenders and midfielders, but no strikers mentioned yet. We almost took the drop because of a weak strikeforce ( Szchmodics not included) last season. 

Szmodics kept us up

We have been linked with Tom Cannon

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We need find a better shirt sponsor who would commit to a long term sponsorship deal and commercial right for Rovers. Plus more sponsors around the ground from a range of different companies. Firstly you need an experience commercial head to run the operation to improve Rovers commercial. 

Yes, we do need more sponsorship and also better quality sponsorship.

I agree our commercial department do not seem to cut the mustard.

However, a big, big issue is the product they are trying to sell - Rovers and their brand!!!  Good quality companies are very careful with what and who their brand(s) are linked with and they will not throw their money about willy nilly.  These companies are looking to increase their own brand awareness and reputation and connect with target audiences mainly within the sporting arena and through tv coverage of games.  Sadly, IMO, the shambles Rovers are, makes it a well nigh impossible task to attract big money and sponsorships.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

This is becoming all too frequent it's like raid our academy now before they even become first teams, probably because we've been more proactive in getting lads tied down recently.

Nature of the beast. The big guns have the finances to take risks on younger players and we can't compete financially.

A shame that, should he become a PL regular, we receive peanuts - all while losing £20m per year.

The events that has seen Phillips, Wharton and now Finneran leave for ridiculous fees really leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth. On a totally different note, the Euros has so many teams in it now that I'm starting to lose interest in that too. Can't feel the buzz. Is it only because I'm Norwegian and we're not qualified?

Game has gone to shits. Jay-Z more important that football legends in the stand. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No the main issue is giving Eustace a good solid championship quality squad. We need 7 or 8 signings to add to what we already have and some good young players we can add to that core. I wouldn't McFadzean or Fleck as new signings either. With the main 3 areas for me is a championship quality goalscorer striker, Good solid keeper and right winger with pace. 

We need find a better shirt sponsor who would commit to a long term sponsorship deal and commercial right for Rovers. Plus more sponsors around the ground from a range of different companies. Firstly you need an experience commercial head to run the operation to improve Rovers commercial. 

Communication from Rovers need to be much better and much improve from the club. Waggott should have done an interview at least with Rovers TV, explaining everything that is going on with a number of changes to off the field staff, why GB went and will he be replace, what the summer transfer plan is and plan going forward, explaining what they have done with ST's going forward and the strategy going forward, 

If you reject a betting company and accept a local vape business instead based on moral grounds, then it's time for a reality check. Bullshit owners.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Have Reading recruited well?

I just associate Bowen with one of the happiest times to be a Rover. Hope that some of that would rub off. 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Nicko beaten by Rovers Insider 👋👋👋

Screenshot_20240602-081248.png

I'm also pretty sure after the above was posted, someone, probably Chaddy, asked Nixon and his response was not a name I've heard, or was that Venus. There's so much pissing about in the backroom team I've lost track.

Edited by Lucimo

7 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

I'm also pretty sure after the above was posted, someone, probably Chaddy, asked Nixon and his response was not a name I've heard, or was that Venus. There's so much pissing about in the backroom team I've lost track.

It was Venus that Nixon was referring to as  not being a name he’d heard. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, arbitro said:

This is an article primarily about Luton but in it there is a sentence that says they have been tracking Tyrhys Dolan for some time. Perhaps this was the reason for Rovers invoking the extra year.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/luton-transfer-news-man-utd-32935346

If Eustace plans on 5-2-3 I don’t think Dolan gets it n the team as he’s not the greatest winger, and probably isn’t good enough as a No9 to be first choice striker. 

If Dolan and Gally are refusing new contracts it was wise to sign them up for another year in order to flog them this summer. 

Edited by Forever Blue

3 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

If Eustace plans on 5-2-3 I don’t think Dolan gets it n the team as he’s not the greatest winger, and probably isn’t good enough as a No9 to be first choice striker. 

If Dolan and Gally are refusing new contracts it was wise to sign them up for another year in order to flog them this summer. 

I know we activated the 1 year option but I’m sure Dolan has had a new contract on the table for quite some time now? 

Figured he would have signed it by now if he was staying

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

It was Venus.

Chaddy asked him about park about a week ago and Nixon replied yes

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I know we activated the 1 year option but I’m sure Dolan has had a new contract on the table for quite some time now? 

Figured he would have signed it by now if he was staying

Yeah, both him and Gally have been offered new contracts but haven’t signed them. 

also Siggy only has a year left and no sign he’s been offered a new or would sign it anyway. So he might be sold too. 

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 2