BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

I think he's not really been given a proper chance yet - a few minutes here and there.

Hopefully he gets his chance this season, I think he has a lot of potential.

You know of any Transfer rumours yet Andy from your contacts? 

10 hours ago, Andy said:

I think he's not really been given a proper chance yet - a few minutes here and there.

Hopefully he gets his chance this season, I think he has a lot of potential.

He knows where the goals are. He seems to score his share to say he’s not a striker. Unless we sign some better players we can’t let those two go on loan in my opinion.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He knows where the goals are. He seems to score his share to say he’s not a striker. Unless we sign some better players we can’t let those two go on loan in my opinion.

Especially if Szmodics goes. Either Gilsenan or Sigurdsson may be needed to fill that role

On 01/06/2024 at 11:05, superniko said:

If the young lad goes to Newcastle it will leave a real bitter taste in the mouth. 
Even Phillips at least signed a contract which netted us a few million and we were done over there too. He’s looks a messiah compared to this. 

If he does leave, I’d wish nothing but the worst for his career anyway. Shocking loyalty to the club that has developed you. 

Which young lad is that? I can't keep a track on here. Cheers 

The RoversInsider twitter account, which looks legit, is suggesting that Sammie is available for a knockdown price - some have suggested £8m. 

Normally I'd say that's really poor from the club as he's worth a lot more but I actually feel like that's a really fair price. After what he did for us last season, we should not be pricing him out of a move to the Premier League and lifechanging money. This is his only chance of realising that dream.

He's a Rovers legend and deserves a shot at the big time at his age. I will wish him luck when he does go. 

• Like 2

He really isnt a Rovers legend.

We certainly shouldnt be giving him away almost because he "deserves it."

A normal club if they felt that the player wanted to move and/or his valuation will never be higher would only sell for a big bid and reinvest a big chunk to try and push on.

Alas, here any money will vanish so it makes no difference

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

The RoversInsider twitter account, which looks legit, is suggesting that Sammie is available for a knockdown price - some have suggested £8m. 

Normally I'd say that's really poor from the club as he's worth a lot more but I actually feel like that's a really fair price. After what he did for us last season, we should not be pricing him out of a move to the Premier League and lifechanging money. This is his only chance of realising that dream.

He's a Rovers legend and deserves a shot at the big time at his age. I will wish him luck when he does go. 

Presumably the knockdown price, judging by the tweet, was put in his new contract and relates only to PL clubs. 

So more Wharton instalments, Sammie and Raya, that’s the bills for this season sorted then.

Who we selling next season to get us through more than about one payroll?

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Not for me.

The bloke is a hero/legend whatever you wanna call him but being nice and letting him leave for a knockdown price sets the precedent across the board. 

Players will be asking to leave for less than their value because we did it for Sammie and other clubs will be smelling blood because we flog players on the cheap.

£8m for the leading goalscorer in the championship and cup. It's a borderline insult tbh. It's not like the prem clubs are strapped for cash.

The club comes first, needs to be a sensible price or not at all.

• Like 6

Seems like the bad luck with Dack and the complete #### up with BBD might be an influencing factor in any 'asking price' for Sammie.

Absolute travesty of epic proportions though if they don't get at least 10 million even if that includes an easily achievable add on or two.

I'd assume behind the scenes Rovers and his agent are doing all they can to encourage some bids.

Just now, Forever Blue said:

The tweet from Roverinsider implies that there is a release clause if a PL club comes on for Szmodics. Presumably that was put in when he signed his new contract.

IMO, there has never been any doubt SS would be offski in the close season - this latest snippet from RoversInsider (whoever he or she may be) just doubly underlines the inevitable. 

If we sell Samuel Joseph Szmodics for any less than £12m, then i'll lose any ounce of hope that I have left for the Club.

£8m would be an absolute tragedy... we'll become even more of a laughing stock than we already are.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IMO, there has never been any doubt SS would be offski in the close season - this latest snippet from RoversInsider (whoever he or she may be) just doubly underlines the inevitable. 

No problem with him going, we’d be in L1 if it wasn’t for him,  it’s just disappointing if true that there is a release clause of £8m to PL teams

Edited by Forever Blue

14 hours ago, Ricky said:

Gilsenen is an interesting one. Always looks decent and has a very good youth pedigree but doesn’t seem to push on. 

I think you mean his inexperience wasn't favoured in a relegation battle. He barely had a sniff, and scored when given one in the cup. I don't think we can say he isn't pushing on, he hasn't played enough in the seniors (should have, IMO) and has been tearing up the U21s, which he hadn't really done previously.

£8 million is a clear ploy by Broughton to protect his value. No doubt Szmodics people will have made representations that he wouldn’t sign without it given his age and his desire to play premier league football. I don’t there’s any surprise and some credit is owed after the disasters of BBD, Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwell running their contracts down. 

It was probably agreed at the time of signing the contract that he would be gone this summer.

Fair play to him, he’s clearly worked hard and earnt it.

1 hour ago, Tugayisgod said:

Screenshot_20240603-123237.png

I've been a bit confused by this deal. When the loan was signed it was very much described as an obligation to buy, with the implication it was triggered when he played a certain amount of games. Given that he played 41 games for them this season I'd expect any obligations clauses have been met. And yet now it's being talked about as though it's totally up to Arsenal.

This tweet also firms up something I suspected at the time. The fee was described as £30 million but with a loan fee of £3 million. Now it's a £27 mill option...I'm pretty sure Brentford have conspired to fuck us out of a bit of our clause. We will get a percent of profit on the £27 million, not on the £30 million. Suppose it could have been worse, like a £15 million loan and £15 million purchase, but that sort of distortion would probably have opened the door for us to sue (much in the way that clubs didn't get in trouble with FFP when they were selling their stadium naming rights or whatever, but they did when the figures received were ludicrously out of whack with market values). Pretty cheapskate from a Prem club tbh, the 450k I believe it amounts to is nothing to them, but probably equal to or higher than a shirt sponsor for us.

I'd expect the add-ons in Raya's initial deal have been mostly met too, so we've probably already had about 5 mill for him total, meaning we'll get 15% of £22 million, which is £3.3 million.  (Yeh yeh, it will all get swallowed by Venkys anyway, who cares, blah blah, don't be boring and quote me saying that please)

• Like 2