BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 hours ago, J*B said:

Absolutely zero respect for Rudy from me after he refused to play for us and worked with another club to try and force us into accepting a lowball offer. As confirmed by Gary Bowyer. 

IMG_6764.jpeg

As I've said before. Rudy Gestede shouldn't be near our club. Awful attitude and doesn't give a fuck about us.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

I am absolutely delighted Matty.  Couldn't happier to see the back of Broughton and Rudy installed.  I think it's an interesting appointment and someone who will be able to relate to players in a way that Broughton couldn't.  At the end of the day we all have to start our careers somewhere and no reason why Rudy shouldn't start here.  

"Delighted" seems a strong reaction when a person with absolutely no experience or credentials is appointed purely because he was a player here for a bit and he needs to start his career somewhere.

48 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

I'm done on here for the foreseeable future, just sick to the back teeth of non stop criticism and abuse at anything and everything to do with the club.

Do you think the actions of the club under these owners especially in the last 12 months deserves lots of praise?

• Like 2

If you did a poll among the 100 most recently retired players who featured for Rovers at some point in their career I reckon the majority would be keen on becoming a 'Head of' at a club the size and stature of Rovers.

Most of those people wouldn't get anywhere near to ever doing so for a range of reasons, yet their credentials would be as good as if not better than Gestede's.

The people appointing him are the same as those who appointed Broughton, so seems odd to me to support Broughton's departure and simultaneously have such confidence and optimism that this time around the same individuals have found an even less experienced alternative and expect him to perform better (with no money).

If you thought Broughton was a dud perhaps the people who gave him the job and 2 years at it might not be the best people to pick a new one?

Nothing separates him from any other former player looking for a future job in football other than he's based locally and has been prepared to play the Venky game of being patient and agreeing to do the job with whatever pathetic terms these people impose I.e. no money, no expectations, no real power.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

Note that they these roles are "Head of...." ,rather than "Director of....". 

In business language that means cheaper

To my knowledge, there are only 2 people at any club able to "press submit".  In our case, Waggott and the guy who replaced Silvester (Brett Baker)

He can hover over them for guidance.

Waggott will then ‘accidentally’ click on “save” .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If you did a poll among the 100 most recently retired players who featured for Rovers at some point in their career I reckon the majority would be keen on becoming a 'Head of' at a club the size and stature of Rovers.

Most of those people wouldn't get anywhere near to ever doing so for a range of reasons, yet their credentials would be as good as if not better than Gestede’s

Hasn’t Gestede being studying at University for an administrative/executive position within football and has just graduated? 

So he’s eminently more qualified than the 100 ex-players who don’t have his qualifications. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Polky said:

What happened to the Tugay appointment? 

When he left his punditry role he shared a few Instagram stories congratulating him on his new role at Rovers.

It was supposedly some sort of consultancy role wasn't it? All a bit strange that nothing ever seemed to come out officially about it.

I say strange, what I mean is perfectly normal for the basket case club that is Blackburn Rovers these days.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Polky said:

When he left his punditry role he shared a few Instagram stories congratulating him on his new role at Rovers.

I imagine the maestro saw through the bullshit and told them to fuck off

• Like 5

Waggott has been looking for a 'fans favourite' to shield himself from further fan furore. The plan last season for JDT to take all the blame for our ills backfired as many quite rightly saw through it and recognised the true cause of our problems. They're still trying to paddle that myth though with subtle references to Eustace rescuing the sinking ship etc.

He's no idiot and heard the crowd turn on him last season during games. He's trying to head that off now by installing a 'favourite' to distract, deflect and silence further anger. Paint a picture of a fresh start and new era and consign the events of the last few years to the dustbin of history. If only it were so simple. Well it is in many cases 'what's done is done', 'no use going on about the past' etc.

Well there is if the architects of that situation remain in situ.

Tugay will have been on his radar but we are operating to a minute budget and looking for puppets to play the Venky game. Tugay probably not interested in such nonsense or wanted to actually get things done which isn't on the agenda here.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sharpysharps86 said:

It was supposedly some sort of consultancy role wasn't it? All a bit strange that nothing ever seemed to come out officially about it.

I say strange, what I mean is perfectly normal for the basket case club that is Blackburn Rovers these days.

Ambassadorial role…in other words, purely PR.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, London blue said:

Everything else aside, this is a terrible way to run any business. No wonder we spunk money on shite every year.

Screenshot_20240614-131125.png

Nothing like long-term planning is there ?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Yeah was going to say if he wanted a fans favourite in then Rudy is an odd choice, but odd sums up this regime from day one.

we liked  rudy as a centre forward who was unstoppable in the air,but he certainly was`nt a fans favourite,trust me on that one🙂

• Like 3

Point being that Rudy is seeking a career in an executive position and is training for it anyway regardless.

Not like Rovers just picked up the phone and dialled ex players to see who was interested, more like he fell into their laps and is either working cheap or being subsidised.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Polky said:

We took the cheaper option.Gestede nowhere near experienced enough to warrant this job.

Chancers everywhere.

• Moderation Lead
4 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

I'm done on here for the foreseeable future, just sick to the back teeth of non stop criticism and abuse at anything and everything to do with the club.

It’s not just ‘anything and everything to do with the club’ though, is it?

It’s questioning inexperienced appointments to key positions.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Of course there are Chaddy, he managed just 3 wins (one of which was against a hungover Leicester) in 16 games. Failed to beat any of our relegation rivals and took our championship survival to the very last game and got incredibly lucky that Leicester were already champions.

And we put in some absolute horror show performances against Bristol and Sheff Wed (an absolute mist win at the time) along the way.

We won at Leicester. simple as, you can up with all the excuses you want. 

4 wins for me, just lets not go there. 

Yes we put poor performances just like under every manager that happen like good performances. 

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

So you have no question marks at all about Eustace? 

Even if you see reasons for optimism and green shoots, fine. But surely you have some uncertainty and some questions. He didnt win a home game, we struggled to score, his points tally was relegation worthy.

Keep him/sack him, thats one seperate question. But of course there are question marks over him.

We know he can keep us defensively solid and play on the counter and score but I want to see how he is going to develop us as attacking team and score goals. I know we won't be gun-ho under him. He had little faith in our attacking players outside the main 4 players of Szmodics, Hedges, Dolan and Gallagher(maybe Leonard). 

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

There were suggestions when he was dropped by Hull that he wasnt in the best physical shape and liked a beer or two.

Obviously only rumours so pinch of salt but hes hardly ripped up the league either way.

oh right, so just suggestions from who?

We need strikers who can score goals and go in behind defences. He scores at this level. That's what we need. 

5 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

I am absolutely delighted Matty.  Couldn't happier to see the back of Broughton and Rudy installed.  I think it's an interesting appointment and someone who will be able to relate to players in a way that Broughton couldn't.  At the end of the day we all have to start our careers somewhere and no reason why Rudy shouldn't start here.  

fair play Parsonblue for being so open and honest even you knew people would have a different view than yours. 

My own view is lets see what affect Gestede can have here. Is it appointment I would have made? deffo not, I wanted someone with experience in that role before hand like Les Ferdinand or Alex Aldridge. It will be interesting how much he is involved in transfers or not. 

On Park appointment, I think it is good appointment and he will need his range of contacts and knowledge to bring players in even on our budget 

7 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think that’s me done. The place is a shambles. They’re definitely doing it on purpose now. What the fuck does Rudi know about anything apart from how to go on strike to get a move out of Ewood. Wake me up when it’s Blackburn Rovers time again.

The only consolation is he’ll be gone in 12 months just like the rest of them !

Except Maggot. He's now got full running of the show with slippery Suhail the invisible go between with the despicable owners. 

• Like 1