BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think people have said he has been around since the takeover happened. 

Its interesting question, which of the 4 still has the interest in owning Rovers. Looking at the Venkys London Limited accounts and Companies House it is always Mr Desai who signed the accounts off

Not sure he has any actual interest in the football club but it appears that Mr D is the main man in regards to finance from the VH group.

It's been said Suhail is Balaji's man but as we see on the accounts the funding comes from VH not Balaji personally so i reckon this has been a source of problems down the years.  He has an idea and gets his men to implement it then it gets refused funding from above or overruled.

Might explain the constant chopping and changing as i don't think the 4 of them ever all actually agree on what to do with Rovers.

There's only one of 2 decisions to make really though......run it properly or sell it !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sverrehh said:

It is very unfortunate if the family members (owners) are not pulling in the same direction regarding the direction and ambition of the club. That being said, it probably explains some of the dire running of the club the last decade. Venkys had the perfect oppurtunity to get back to the PL by backing JDT, which they did not.

It is also very depressing that the Lancashire Telegraph does not try to use some basic investigative journalism by trying to dig into the various roles at the club and especially owners. When did the owners get interviewed last time by UK press?

Suhail, Waggot and the lot are often travelling down to India to visit the owners. LET should be on that plane and get a few interviews

If you were a Bristol / Chester, Everton / Sheff Weds fan, with an ambition to climb the journalistic ladder whilst being paid to report on Blackburn Rovers, how far would you go to get the truth yet not get sacked for upsetting too many people ?

There;s a reason that lot never employ actual Rovers supporting journos anymore.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I can't the link but will keep looking

I have read the minutes from the We Are The Rovers group meeting with Waggott. 

Lurk in the background? attends most Blackburn Rovers games

On budgets, lets hope this is sorted now given we have made 2 appointments and sign under 21 players since he gone to India. Hopefully we have been doing work in the background speaking to clubs and player's agents over possible transfers fees, terms, etc. 

Yes, lurks in the background not saying anything.

You are assuming that we are a normal club.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Yes, lurks in the background not saying anything.

what would you like him to say something? 

If you were owner or CEO of the club how often would you speak to the media during a season?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

what would you like him to say something? 

If you were owner or CEO of the club how often would you speak to the media during a season?

If he comes back from India knowing the budget and having also had an audience with the owners, perhaps an interview would be appropriate.

He might even have something to say about his links to Kentaro, if some asks him. 

• Like 1

Waggott speaks enough, it’s BS most of the time but he speaks, I certainly don’t need to hear any more from the plonker.

However, the fella who actually wields the power outside India at BRFC says nothing and hasn’t done for a decade. A shirking of responsibility and accountability.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

If I was the owner and we were  having to sell our best players at short notice just to pay the bills for the rest of the season because I couldn’t (or wouldn’t) send money to cover the running of the club, yes I would.

As the most senior person at Ewood with connections to the owners I think he should be speaking. To be honest I think one of the owners should have done an interview on Rovers Tv to explain the current problems financing the club. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He might be proven right and we might have money to spend, but if they havent even decided, then he cant possibly know either way. And to be fair, he didnt say otherwise, its just that people read into a random sentence at the end of a random article as if it was club endorsed statement.

They’ve decided enough to let the club spend £100k on a Linfield player. 

47 minutes ago, tomphil said:

If you were a Bristol / Chester, Everton / Sheff Weds fan, with an ambition to climb the journalistic ladder whilst being paid to report on Blackburn Rovers, how far would you go to get the truth yet not get sacked for upsetting too many people ?

There;s a reason that lot never employ actual Rovers supporting journos anymore.

Peter White and Alf Thornton would be turning in their graves.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Hasta said:

If I was the owner and we were  having to sell our best players at short notice just to pay the bills for the rest of the season because the I couldn’t (or wouldn’t) send money to cover the running of the club, yes I would.

As the most senior person at Ewood with connections to the owners I think he should be speaking. To be honest I think one of the owners should have done an interview on Rovers Tv to explain the current problems financing the club. 

I do think that Rovers don't make the most out of our social media and Rovers TV. Yes I agree that one of the owners should have done an interview during those problems. 

I think Waggott should communicate alot more than he does. I would have like to be interview at the end of season to explained the changes that was happening in the structure and then after Park and Gestede appointment, he should spoke how it would work. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Old Codger said:

In some parallel universe, the Venksters never rocked up - I wonder where we would be now, had there been no deal with these eejits? No doubt, if we'd maintained our Premiership status for even a short while longer, some other backing would have come forward, and at worst we would now be considered a permanent fixture in the upper echelons.

Just think, a properly run, properly managed club operated at every level by people who a) know about football and b) are actually good at what they do.

It's a measure of how far our expectations have fallen, that that basic scenario seems so far fetched and impossible to achieve at this point..

Bastardi! Anche uno stupido può andare in bicicletta con le ruote - 
E che ruote avevamo!

We'd be exactly where we were before they turned up.

Comfortably mid table, occasionally challenging for Europe and slapping the big boys about.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

who knows these days? I think its Mr Desai who called the shots now given he signs the paperwork on VLL accounts. 

The annual accounts must be approved by the board of Directors and signed on behalf of the board by a Director.

So don't read anything into the fact that it’s Mr Desai's signature.

Edited by Mercer

55 minutes ago, Mercer said:

The annual accounts must be approved by the board of Directors and signed on behalf of the board by a Director.

So don't read anything into the fact that it’s Mr Desai's signature.

Yes I all of that thanks Mercer 

6 minutes ago, lraC said:

Rumours on Twitter that Szmodics is being touted by Wolves and a fee of £13m is mentioned.

The twitter account is full of rubbish like suggesting Sheff Wed will bid £4.5m for Paul Mullan from Wrexham 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The twitter account is full of rubbish like suggesting Sheff Wed will bid £4.5m for Paul Mullan from Wrexham 

Thanks for letting me. the site know.

I wasn't sure if it was genuine or not, hence me posting the actual link. 

How do you know how much he is costing?

He did alright last season, a good experienced head around the place but I would hope we're looking at another centre half too with SW being out for pretty much the whole season.

• Like 4

McFadzean's legs has gone which means that we have to play with a very low defensive line if he starts. If anything he might be even slower next season. Hopefully not a sign that Eustace is pleased with what he saw during the last months of last season and wants to continue with a similar tactical approach.

If he is signed as squad depth because he is cheap then it's less worrying. However, it makes more sense to always expect the worst considering the previous transfer windows.

Edited by Inferi
Spelling
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, Inferi said:

McFadzean's legs have gone which means that we have to play with a very low defensive line if he starts. If anything he might be even slower next season. Hopefully not a sign that Eustace is pleased with what he saw during the last months of last season and wants to continue with a similar tactical approach.

If he is signed as squad depth because he is cheap then it's less worrying. However, it makes more sense to always expect the worst considering the previous transfer windows.

Couldn't agree more... though there's a good chance he'll end up being our marquee signing of the summer with this lot at the helm.

Edited by TheRevAshton

14 minutes ago, Inferi said:

McFadzean's legs have gone which means that we have to play with a very low defensive line if he starts. If anything he might be even slower next season. Hopefully not a sign that Eustace is pleased with what he saw during the last months of last season and wants to continue with a similar tactical approach.

He’s quicker than Hyam

• Like 1