BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

19 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if the bad injuries hav`nt taken their toll to much he should be far to good for the bottom division,i bet the bigger clubs will be queing up for him in january if it works out for him

Should of kept him because we’ll be at that level in five years.

2 hours ago, booth said:

Whether that's true or not, and I lean towards not, it wasn't the point.

We lose Szmodics, we go down. We were very very lucky that he stepped up.

If Rovers were a club with a good history of selling and reinvesting I'd be more positive.

Whichever way you lean,the goals of Armstrong, Brereton and Szmodics would suggest, if not prove it isn't a coincidence. 

If someone comes in, or even if we have to rely on Leonard, I'd say they could do worse than play alongside Gallagher who's played alongside those 3.

I joked about the Gurus in previously pages but perhaps we have taken some divine intervention this summer.  

If we are recruiting a new Head of Heads, we will have more heads than Brahma  440px-Brahma_on_hamsa.jpg.84092cc6bda084b2d590e201f9d26432.jpg

The way it's going we will need God(s) on our side to stay up next season. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, unleaded said:

Rovers academy spending more than the first team set up .., another youth international on his way … 

Good player? 

you heard anything regarding first team signings?

1 hour ago, Polky said:

Birmingham moving on from John Ruddy…

Well lets see him we sign Ruddy in the next couple of days 

40 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I said at the time he could be the new Damian Duff or the next Keith Tracey. Looks like it was the latter.

I still think he should have signed a new contract and not made that move to Bournemouth like he did. He could have played a good part in a league 1 campaign under Mowbray but he wanted to move on. I wonder if he does regret moving away? I hope he has a good career at Barrow, Same as Sam Barnes

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Connor Mahoney signed for them too, mad to think he's only 27 and was being touted as a hot prospect.

for the amount of talent he has i can`t believe he`s ended up at barrow ( no disrespect) bad attitude,badly advised or just wasting his ability,he was very highly thought of here

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Does he really have that much talent?

Yes he did but for me, he choose the wrong career move and ending up in league 2 now. Many young players make the wrong career move and end up the same way

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Yes he did but for me, he choose the wrong career move and ending up in league 2 now. Many young players make the wrong career move and end up the same way

I dont think he would have ever become a regular here.

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Please, no John Ruddy. Hes past it.

Only this club could switch from spending money setting up a new model 90% based on youth to paying them off then switching to high paid OAP signings only model in the space of a year.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

for the amount of talent he has i can`t believe he`s ended up at barrow ( no disrespect) bad attitude,badly advised or just wasting his ability,he was very highly thought of here

Money nothing more nothing less.

I hope he invested his 8k a week wisely because he'll be on about 800 now.

• Like 2

There's a number of pros who talk (what's talking worth) about how fine the margins are between the national league and even league one.  Particularly of recent due to the promotion and relegation process of league two you hear a lot of people talk about how there's 'better' players in the conference than league two.  All of that to say, football is extremely fine margins and sometimes professionalism beats talent (look at Connor Gallagher, or our own Sam Gallagher)

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He never really showed enough to suggest a career above the lower leagues, nothing about him stood out.

I dont think he would have ever become a regular here.

Good for you. I don't know why you reply anyway

12 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Only this club could switch from spending money setting up a new model 90% based on youth to paying them off then switching to high paid OAP signings only model in the space of a year.

Blimey, what a over reacted. We look like re signing McFadzean on a 12 months contract who shown his worth last season, and possibly a keeper who was regular last season for his club and Eustace knows him very well

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good for you. I don't know why you reply anyway

Blimey, what a over reacted. We look like re signing McFadzean on a 12 months contract who shown his worth last season, and possibly a keeper who was regular last season for his club and Eustace knows him very well

We look like signing possibly 3 players over 30 with the meagre wages budget we'll have, one lasted 15 mins in the last 12 months and the other two are 37/38.

That kind of business is no different to the desperate season Coyle was signing Greer and Brown and paying these experienced guys won't leave much wages room for anything else, that's the real problem.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

A regular for a side who got relegated, although I don't personally assume we are in for him just because he's out of contract and played for Eustace.

But don't forget the nearly 33 year old who lasted 15 minutes for us and is probably quite well paid.

I'd bet money on McFadzean becoming a liability for us inside 6 months. He did well last season but he is frankly, old for a footballer and his legs can and almost certainly will go at any time. I'm ok with signing him on, but it should be no more than a 6 month deal with a 6 month extension option. If that's not enough security for him, tough.

Regular for his club last season - that team went down.

Eustace knows him very well - so what?

@tomphil you are right regarding potential change of "plan." Last year we didnt have a player over 28 years old. That was counterproductive. Those keen to defend the club at all costs will say, we are signing experience and people are still moaning but there is a middle ground between no experience and just signing old fogeys ready for retirement.

McFadzean did what we needed from him but another year is very short sighted. He turns 38 this season and to play him, we have to play 5 yards deeper and with 2 other centre backs to cover him. Fleck has had 2 broken legs and a plate in his leg lasted 17 minutes in a Rovers shirt, yet we are in discussions over an extention. If we are actually interested in Ruddy, big if, hes another hasbeen who Birmingham fans seem keen to move on, he had a poor season with age catching up and we saw that at Ewood.

Surely there is a middle ground, players maybe just ticking over 30 that still have plenty in the legs.

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Regular for his club last season - that team went down.

Eustace knows him very well - so what?

@tomphil you are right regarding potential change of "plan." Last year we didnt have a player over 28 years old. That was counterproductive. Those keen to defend the club at all costs will say, we are signing experience and people are still moaning but there is a middle ground between no experience and just signing old fogeys ready for retirement.

McFadzean did what we needed from him but another year is very short sighted. He turns 38 this season and to play him, we have to play 5 yards deeper and with 2 other centre backs to cover him. Fleck has had 2 broken legs and a plate in his leg lasted 17 minutes in a Rovers shirt, yet we are in discussions over an extention. If we are actually interested in Ruddy, big if, hes another hasbeen who Birmingham fans seem keen to move on, he had a poor season with age catching up and we saw that at Ewood.

Surely there is a middle ground, players maybe just ticking over 30 that still have plenty in the legs.

Correct there must be players out there a bit younger if they could be bothered finding them but this has all the hallmarks of a cosy old boys network taking the easiest options.

A really lazy approach to recruitment so lets hope it's hearsay and John Park is looking at lads like Van Hecke instead and sticking the wages money into loan fees for a bit of quality with legs.

Mcfadz we can live with but the other two there's no need.