BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I don't understand why you think  Krul for example wouldn't be up for coming here?

Because we will get nowhere near to what he want's to be paid.

We have read this script before.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

He probably doesn't.

His Rovers career will probably be very similar to that of Ashley Phillips'. Hopefully, everyone involved at Rovers is driving home the difference in the career development of Phillips versus Wharton, but we will probably see him snapped up by a Premier League club before he plays much for us and before we can get much money for him.

I can't believe this got a down vote when it's clear as day that if this makes any kind of positive impact in the first team, he'll be picked up for buttons by a Premier league club before we get him on a professional contract.

• Like 2

Just now, davulsukur said:

I thought he said the other day we'd lost out on Rak-Sakyi?

No he said we were struggling to get deals done with him and Krul.

There are unconfirmed reports that we offered them both minimum wage on a 16 hour contract and told them to be grateful cos that’s what the women get.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The likes of Yates, Longstaff, Murphy and Jackson fall into a similar category for me.

Would I consider any of them to be considerable upgrades on our starting 11? No. Would I rather us be more ambitious? Certainly.

But would they all be strongly pushing for a starting spot here amidst our below average Championship attack? Yes. Are they considerable improvements on the dross we have below Gallagher/Hedges/Dolan (none of whom are that good at his level themselves) in the likes of Markanday, Sigurdsson and Vale? Undoubtedly. And do I predict us getting anyone better? Not with any confidence.

So I dont see these players as ones that I am sad that we missed out on, but equally, they would definitely have improved the squad.

My issues arent around individuals. They are around how poorly we are run as a club. Budgets being decided so late, gaps in communication to the manager leaving him as a clueless as anyone, no scope to reinvest considerable sales proceeds, a constant churn in staff off the field.

I would say Yates would improve our forward line and would be starter for me over Gallagher.. 

I disagree with your opinion on Hedges, Gallagher and Dolan not being good at this level. Sigurdsson is a good player but we need to be fit more and playing more. 

So you are complaining about us not moving quicker in the transfer market but none of the players that have moved so far you wouldn't really want and wouldn't improve our starting 11(in you opinion). 

Has the budget only really sorted really affect us when you consider the amount of changes that has happened behind the scenes? 

Also who says that Eustace has been left clueless as anyone by the gaps in communicate? any info what has happened to form such your comments on that? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Tyjon has a big future for us and I do feel for Telalovic alot cos it wasn't the type of signing we need at the time but Rovers need another striker cos Ennis wasn't fit, I do think GB should have sign just 1 striker not 2. I hope Semir Telalovic has a good career if he moves on. It just hasn't worked out here for him

As far as I can see neither of them were strikers looking at their goals return.

Edited by Blow-in

28 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I can't believe this got a down vote when it's clear as day that if this makes any kind of positive impact in the first team, he'll be picked up for buttons by a Premier league club before we get him on a professional contract.

He does speak really positively about the club, but he's already attracting interest and it appears that it was a struggle to get him to sign on this time. It's difficult to imagine that he won't opt for the easier move and the big pay rise if there are offers on the table from some decent sized to big Premier League clubs. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Don't worry about it. I think any credence of the down vote can be assessed based on who it came from. Eddie is clearly right on this, based on the nature of football, footballers, our owners and financial situation, and the evidence of recent similar examples. Conversely it is only ridiculously blue and white tinted glasses that would suggest anything other.

I say we should give the lad some game time and enjoy watching him in the brief period of time before he inevitably leaves.

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would say Yates would improve our forward line and would be starter for me over Gallagher.. 

I disagree with your opinion on Hedges, Gallagher and Dolan not being good at this level. Sigurdsson is a good player but we need to be fit more and playing more. 

So you are complaining about us not moving quicker in the transfer market but none of the players that have moved so far you wouldn't really want and wouldn't improve our starting 11(in you opinion). 

Has the budget only really sorted really affect us when you consider the amount of changes that has happened behind the scenes? 

Also who says that Eustace has been left clueless as anyone by the gaps in communicate? any info what has happened to form such your comments on that? 

Tell me, what bearing does this have on the legitimacy of complains about our club? 

I'm constantly bewildered by your desire to let the club off the hook. The euros, the backroom staff, others clubs dealings are all extenuating circumstances, according to you. I suppose when you make outlandish claims about expecting multiple signings by this point it's necessary to have excused lined up.

13 minutes ago, Devon Rover said:

Don't worry about it. I think any credence of the down vote can be assessed based on who it came from. Eddie is clearly right on this, based on the nature of football, footballers, our owners and financial situation, and the evidence of recent similar examples. Conversely it is only ridiculously blue and white tinted glasses that would suggest anything other.

I say we should give the lad some game time and enjoy watching him in the brief period of time before he inevitably leaves.

Tyjon has turned down Man Utd offer which he could have taken but we have convince him to stay here, play some football at first team level instead of moving to PL club where he will stuck in under 21 football or loan out time after time plus massive wage rise. I think it is right decision by him to play football not chase money. 

I voted it down cos I said his career will end up like Ash Phillips time which I don't agree. I respect Eddie's opinion but respectfully disagree with him. If I had wrong I will hold my hands up and say I was wrong

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I’ve long thought Yates could be effective for us. And, Paddy McNair. 

Whether or not we could pay those guys to induce them to come to Rovers, I have no idea. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Whether or not we could pay those guys to induce them to come to Rovers, I have no idea. 

I have a pretty good idea.

5 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I have a pretty good idea.

Yep! 

It will be hard for the club to finish higher than 15th, with the current roster- incl. Sammie. Without him… I don’t want to think about our odds of Championship survival.
But, it’s not good. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

why is gally up to this level .. he's pure shite , up there with most ineffective striker Ewood as ever seen . Doesn't score enough goals, doesnt  cause problems  and can't jump . a 6ft lump of pure out of date marshmallow. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

why is gally up to this level .. he's pure shite , up there with most ineffective striker Ewood as ever seen . Doesn't score enough goals, doesnt  cause problems  and can't jump . a 6ft lump of pure out of date marshmallow. 

I would say, 45 goals for the club is ample proof he can score at this level. 
But, I would agree with just about everybody here, it’s time for him to move on. 

52 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

The club , don't want to pay for anyone , 7 weeks before the transfer window closes !

30 th of August a couple of players will appear !

32 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

But, I would agree with just about everybody here, it’s time for him to move on. 

oh dear.. 

36 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

45 goals in how many seasons ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, London blue said:

Tell me, what bearing does this have on the legitimacy of complains about our club? 

I'm constantly bewildered by your desire to let the club off the hook. The euros, the backroom staff, others clubs dealings are all extenuating circumstances, according to you. I suppose when you make outlandish claims about expecting multiple signings by this point it's necessary to have excused lined up.

Its just lowering and lowering of standards.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Can we only specifically sign players that have already moved in the window? And excluding a considerable chunk who I hadnt heard of who might be good but I dont know either way.

If my argument was that our snail like speed has seen us miss out on potentially good signings, fair enough but it isnt. 

Our club always seems to have changes behind the scenes, never a good sign to have such high staff turnover. But either way, budget meetings shouldnt be happening 6 weeks after the season has ended. It should have long since been sorted regardless of staff turnover. We have a manager, we have a CEO and the staff we brought in could have been doing workm

I wasnt the one who predicted players in before pre season. I just find it strange that Eustace (IMO wrongly) wants McFadzean, a deal was agreed in principle and based on his quotes from the weekend he doesnt even know where its at.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Can we only specifically sign players that have already moved in the window? And excluding a considerable chunk who I hadnt heard of who might be good but I dont know either way.

If my argument was that our snail like speed has seen us miss out on potentially good signings, fair enough but it isnt. 

You were commenting that we haven't got our budget in place, or our key staff, so I asked you a very simple question which you finally answered is there any players who you wanted us to sign and you felt we missed out and from answer not really

Our club always seems to have changes behind the scenes, never a good sign to have such high staff turnover. But either way, budget meetings shouldnt be happening 6 weeks after the season has ended. It should have long since been sorted regardless of staff turnover. We have a manager, we have a CEO and the staff we brought in could have been doing workm

every club has changes behind the scenes. Rovers have changed our personal in terms of recruitment and bring in someone will loads of experience which I am surprised you aren't happy with his appointment? 

We have Eustace as head coach and Waggott who have met during the summer to discussed targets according to the LT and Nixon. 

On Budget meetings, I already commented on it. 

I wasnt the one who predicted players in before pre season. I just find it strange that Eustace (IMO wrongly) wants McFadzean, a deal was agreed in principle and based on his quotes from the weekend he doesnt even know where its at.

No one predicted players in before pre season just what I would have like to happen.