BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, M_B said:

Gallagher doesn't score enough goals, but his partners are invariably amongst the top scorers. 

Yep. When he was absent between September to January Szmodics only scored, err, 15 without him.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Yep. When he was absent between September to January Szmodics only scored, err, 15 without him.

It's probably coincidence that Szmodics has never hit double figures before, yet when he plays alongside the player who partnered Brereton and Armstrong, he scores 30.

4 minutes ago, M_B said:

It's probably coincidence that Szmodics has never hit double figures before, yet when he plays alongside the player who partnered Brereton and Armstrong, he scores 30.

How many of Szmodics goals were assisted by Gallagher?

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

How many of Szmodics goals were assisted by Gallagher?

I've no idea, I've also no idea how many of Gallagher's runs created the space for someone to assist Szmodics. 

gallys striking buddies  bang the goals in because he himself is nowhere to be seen when a chance presents itself,he`s got zero centre forward instinct,no heading ability and for his size,a shocking lack of physical presence,he`s definately regressed since his earlier days,when he did at least look a pretty decent striker

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, WacoRover said:

I would say, 45 goals for the club is ample proof he can score at this level. 

1 in just under every 5 games

And I think his total is 49 in 2 spells here.

Edited by aletheia

The ambition is for Theo Sander to go on loan to get playing time, and the 19-year-old FCK keeper has interest from Blackburn Rovers and Hibernian FC. The question is whether these are addresses that can offer him sufficient first-team football

IMG_6243.png

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, M_B said:

I’ve just pointed out Szmodics goal scoring rate was unaffected whether Gallagher was playing with him or not last season.

In Armstrongs last season, Gallagher wasn’t on the pitch for 17 of his 29 goals. 

Edited by Hasta

12 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

The ambition is for Theo Sander to go on loan to get playing time, and the 19-year-old FCK keeper has interest from Blackburn Rovers and Hibernian FC. The question is whether these are addresses that can offer him sufficient first-team football

IMG_6243.png

What’s the point of having Hilton, Eastham and Michalski if you’re going to loan in a 19 year old keeper? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I’ve just pointed out Szmodics goal scoring rate was unaffected whether Gallagher was playing with him or not last season.

In Armstrongs last season, Gallagher wasn’t on the pitch for 17 of his 29 goals. 

As I said, it's probably just coincidence. 

Theo Sander is a big talent no doubt. He played in the best league in Denmark when he was 17.  He was rumoured to some big big clubs but ended up choosing FCK where he hasnt been playing. I dont see the point in loaning a 19 year old though…

1 minute ago, DanielMB said:

Theo Sander is a big talent no doubt. He played in the best league in Denmark when he was 17.  He was rumoured to some big big clubs but ended up choosing FCK where he hasnt been playing. I dont see the point in loaning a 19 year old though…

Sounds like Wahlstedt Mk 2

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

James Beadle is 19 and has gone back to Sheff Wednesday on loan…Age doesn’t matter and it sounds like he’s highly rated. Its a risk I’d say yes but so is every young player coming into the championship.

I think its wise we get experience though.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

13 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

Thats a bit harsh. This guy has potential for sure but Im not sure he can contribute more than Leo right now though.

More going off that Wahlstedt was highly rated and linked with bigger clubs at one point too

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

He probably doesn't.

His Rovers career will probably be very similar to that of Ashley Phillips'. Hopefully, everyone involved at Rovers is driving home the difference in the career development of Phillips versus Wharton, but we will probably see him snapped up by a Premier League club before he plays much for us and before we can get much money for him.

As with Wharton, if he's any good then the owners, swag and shadow man will be falling over themselves to get rid of him as quickly as possible to the first bidder.

8 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Jack Vale should be nowhere near the squad. He needs shipping out this summer - if he's around in September then we're nailed on for relegation.

I don't disagree, but he is better than Telalovic IMO, so if we're shipping Semir off to pastures new then Jack is basically the one to replace his role in the squad as bit part sub. We obviously need some serious additions in the striking department regardless.

31 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

I don't see any point loaning him but our own young keepers don't seem very promising, so I'd be happy to have him permanently as an understudy to an experianced keeper like Krul 

(and just get shut of Pears completely) 

I dont think we specifically need a really experienced keeper as in one at the very end of his career. Its not as if we have a really promising keeper that can take over after a year or 2.

The Ruddy rumour thankfully turned out to be a load of rubbish. Krul is not an inspiring link either, 36 and didnt play a league minute last season. Why cant we sign someone at a good age whereby he isnt too young but equally he has a good few years in him as our number 1.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont think we specifically need a really experienced keeper as in one at the very end of his career. Its not as if we have a really promising keeper that can take over after a year or 2.

The Ruddy rumour thankfully turned out to be a load of rubbish. Krul is not an inspiring link either, 36 and didnt play a league minute last season. Why cant we sign someone at a good age whereby he isnt too young but equally he has a good few years in him as our number 1.

I agree it doesn't have to be a veteran! But we need someone that instills some confidance into our defence (as opposed to pears where you hold your breath and just hope hes awake everytime the ball is heading in his direction)

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We should go for the guy who kept him out the team 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Would take either of them over what we have.

We currently don't have a number one. We've got an ok number two and some academy lads.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

IMG_6243.png

Given our recent recruitment, we are much more likely to gamble on a young player that there is a possibility of selling for 5 million in 12 or 18 months.