BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

56 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We need a very experience keeper. There is 3 or 4 options out there we should be going for

Agreed. No point in bringing in another young keeper in my opinion. We need to bring in a much more experienced keeper to work with the younger ones we already have.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont think we specifically need a really experienced keeper as in one at the very end of his career. Its not as if we have a really promising keeper that can take over after a year or 2.

The Ruddy rumour thankfully turned out to be a load of rubbish. Krul is not an inspiring link either, 36 and didnt play a league minute last season. Why cant we sign someone at a good age whereby he isnt too young but equally he has a good few years in him as our number 1.

The Ruddy Rumour turned out to be load of rubbish? Did it? So you know we didn't have an Interest or spoken to his agent? 

Krul is only 36 years old. Why write him off? 

What I meant by really experience keeper with loads of games and plus 30 years. I would be looking Hladky or Wilson. Both would be solid options for us. Hladky is on free transfer and would be first choice. He's top keeper. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Agreed. No point in bringing in another young keeper in my opinion. We need to bring in a much more experienced keeper to work with the younger ones we already have.

We just need a good #1. Pears, Hilton et al aren't good enough and never will be. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The Ruddy Rumour turned out to be load of rubbish? Did it? So you know we didn't have an Interest or spoken to his agent? 

So you know for certain having spoken to Ruddy or his agent that he had talks here?

Or are you saying that due to a Nixon and a few articles? 

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

James Beadle is 19 and has gone back to Sheff Wednesday on loan…Age doesn’t matter and it sounds like he’s highly rated. Its a risk I’d say yes but so is every young player coming into the championship.

I think its wise we get experience though.

Good keeper that lad

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Would take either of them over what we have.

We currently don't have a number one. We've got an ok number two and some academy lads.

To be fair, we wouldn't be narrowing things down much if the benchmark was better than Pears.

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I agree it doesn't have to be a veteran! But we need someone that instills some confidance into our defence (as opposed to pears where you hold your breath and just hope hes awake everytime the ball is heading in his direction)

Of course, but that doesnt have to be someone in his late 30s.

Someone like Johansson would have been ideal, a good keeper not only now but for a few years. Sadly, our skint and slow club was never in contention.

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Krul is only 36 years old. Why write him off? 

What I meant by really experience keeper with loads of games and plus 30 years. I would be looking Hladky or Wilson. Both would be solid options for us. Hladky is on free transfer and would be first choice. He's top keeper. 

Hladky is on the older side but would certainly be a lot more preferable coming off the back of such a good season and not being quite as old.

I just personally wouldnt want Krul, it isnt about writing him off. I dont want a 36 year old who has been collecting dust for a year. Ill judge anyone on how they play here, but I dont want us to sign him personally.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aletheia said:

1 in just under every 5 games

And I think his total is 49 in 2 spells here.

I said he could score at this level… I didn’t mean I desire him to stay with us.

I’m sure he would be an upgrade for yo-yo clubs like Doncaster or Rotherham. 

• Like 1

Our favorite target Duncan McGuire was in fact named to the US Olympic squad today.  Watch him set a new scoring record for the tournament & then move to a PL club for more than we got for Adam.  It would be typical of our ash-clouded luck.

1 hour ago, doctorryan said:

Our favorite target Duncan McGuire was in fact named to the US Olympic squad today.  Watch him set a new scoring record for the tournament & then move to a PL club for more than we got for Adam.  It would be typical of our ash-clouded luck.

Don't know if you can put it down to bad luck when we deliberately tanked the transfer ourselves.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, doctorryan said:

We’ve all agreed you make your own luck😉

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, BRFC4EVA said:

This may have been discussed previously, but Langstaff was signed by Millwall today. For 700k plus add ons. Surely have been worth a punt?!

If a club has a "little bit" of money, well worth a punt.  If a club does not have funds, or is unable to spend/send funds (at this stage I do not care which it is) then it may as well be £700M rather than £700K

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

We'd have had to offer him more money than his current deal at Notts and more than Millwall were able to offer.

I doubt we are capable of either these days.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We'd have had to offer him more money than his current deal at Notts and more than Millwall were able to offer.

I doubt we are capable of either these days.

Rovers may be able to stretch to paying more in wages than Notts County (the fee would still likely be an unsurmountable hurdle though), but it appears that at present they would struggle to compete for wages with many Championship clubs.

From the Championship, It is now only Rovers, Swansea and Cardiff who are yet to sign anyone for the first team squad.  Although special mention to Hull for trying to sell everyone (including their only summer signing) and start again from scratch

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I would be amazed if we sign just one player this week or even next week.

The fact Eustace clearly seems to want McFadzean after his relative successful spell (measured against a very low base bar) in the second half of last season and we can’t even put that deal to bed then I think it tells you all you need to know about our gross lack of ambition and capability (both financial and inclination wise) to compete in the market.

The desperados and unwanted will straggle through the Brockhall gates late August and the happy clappers will deliriously proclaim our new recruitment department and signings.

If the likes of Vale and Krul are the answers then we are fecked.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

From Smelliott's latest article;

"Rovers are financially sound in terms of keeping the lights on but there doesn't appear to be much of a transfer war chest to play with despite the sale of Adam Wharton and sell-on profit from David Raya.

Any additions at the top end of the pitch may have to wait until later in the window, via the loan market. August 20, the final date for Venky's court hearing, feels growingly prominent considering how the transfer window is shaping up."

Disgusting isn't it, what is actually the point?

We've made £29m in player sales since last summer. £29,000,000. Twenty-nine-million-pounds.

If we don't have a good budget after sales like that, I can't see when we ever will.

Our greatest ever Academy product, who's gone on to play for England 4 months after leaving us, a local lad who bleeds Blue and White to this day - sold on the cheap to keep the fucking lights on.

These owners make me sick, absolute scum.

At this point Eustace and his team are no better, enabling this sham. 

We'll be relegated this year, there's little doubt about it.

• Like 2