BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I would be amazed if we sign just one player this week or even next week.

The fact Eustace clearly seems to want McFadzean after his relative successful spell (measured against a very low base bar) in the second half of last season and we can’t even put that deal to bed then I think it tells you all you need to know about our gross lack of ambition and capability (both financial and inclination wise) to compete in the market.

The desperados and unwanted will straggle through the Brockhall gates late August and the happy clappers will deliriously proclaim our new recruitment department and signings.

If the likes of Vale and Krul are the answers then we are fecked.

You only have to look at Eustaces comments directly relating to McFadzean and Fleck

"I think they are still in talks with the club about coming in,"

To me this translates as a deal was agreed (at least with McFadzean), and then Rovers tried to offer less late in the day resulting in the contract remaining unsigned

"I believe John is fit again now. I'm sure he could come and train with us if the boy wants to."

Translates as he doesn't want to - Hopefully this is the case enough money has already been wasted on Fleck

"Hopefully, we'll have some positive news with them over the next couple of weeks."

Translates as Eustace has no idea what is happening and his crossing his fingers and wishing for the best but it seems Eustace would be just as amazed if we signed someone in the next couple of weeks as Mercer would be

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The bit of that quote that I've underlined in bold I really don't understand, I doubt the writer does either.

Is August 20 the 'final date' for Venkys' court hearing? Is there anything stopping the Court from a further adjournment or indeed the owners themselves putting their application on hold if they don't need to send money over (via further sales generating running costs instead).

'Feels growingly prominent' - hold on a minute, I thought only last week he was parroting Waggott's claim that the hearing was strictly in relation to procedural and technical issues and not really anything to do with their funding of Rovers. Surely he's not now saying that it is vital to our transfer plans?

Frankly hilarious that they are now even talking about 'keeping the lights on' as though it is something to be impressed about. How much lower can these scumbags drag standards.

I think it's highly likely it gets delayed again based on the last two occasions, leaving us desperately trying to sell Szmodic or whoever to get enough money to crawl through to Xmas.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, KentExile said:

Yes August 20th is the court hearing, it is obviously either a/the barrier to Venkys funding the club, or at the very least a very useful excuse for them (with the next excuse IF the court case does go in Rovers/Venkys favour being "difficulty manoeuvring so late in the window"

Maybe the penny is starting to drop with Elliott Jackson, that someone at the club might not have told him the while truth?

Indeed.

The way I see it is that the application is listed for 20th August. Assuming the Court hears the case, the owners can request permission to send a further tranche of funds to Rovers.

If the last hearing is anything to go buy this won't be a transfer warchest, it will be essential funds to keep the lights on and wages paid, the argument being that if it isn't permitted the club goes bust.

If before August 20th circumstances change, and bringing in many millions from Raya and Szmodics would obviously change things, then the club will not need the owners to send any money over. The hearing becomes pointless because they would not have any need to get permission from court, the club could meet its obligations using those funds without the need for a transfer from India. So instead they could ask for the hearing to be put back to January or whenever they estimate funds running dry again.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, roverblue said:

I think it's highly likely it gets delayed again based on the last two occasions, leaving us desperately trying to sell Szmodic or whoever to get enough money to crawl through to Xmas.

To be honest I expect that the owners will want it to be delayed. They can't be keen on the cost, hassle and hurdles they are having to go through just to get permission to send money over the keep the lights on.

I agree that it is likely permission would get granted based on precedent, but even so it isn't certain and seems an awful lot of hassle, together with the need for them to deposit the same amount in a bond in India as security.

Much, much easier for the owners to simply generate millions from selling players and divert those funds to cover the running costs for a few months. Kicks the can down the road, saves them trouble in India and they hope that eventually the restrictions get lifted.

Unfortunately for us we are going to have to watch our squad be dismembered and with it likely relegation to League One. But hey, at least they're keeping the lights on and we aren't doing a Bury so job's a good un.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Yes August 20th is the court hearing, it is obviously either a/the barrier to Venkys funding the club, or at the very least a very useful excuse for them (with the next excuse IF the court case does go in Rovers/Venkys favour being "difficulty manoeuvring so late in the window"

Maybe the penny is starting to drop with Elliott Jackson, that someone at the club might not have told him the while truth?

The penny should also be dropping with WATR. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

From Elliott's latest article;

"Rovers are financially sound in terms of keeping the lights on but there doesn't appear to be much of a transfer war chest to play with despite the sale of Adam Wharton and sell-on profit from David Raya.

Any additions at the top end of the pitch may have to wait until later in the window, via the loan market. August 20, the final date for Venky's court hearing, feels growingly prominent considering how the transfer window is shaping up."

Disgusting isn't it, what is actually the point?

We've made £29m in player sales since last summer. £29,000,000. Twenty-nine-million-pounds.

If we don't have a good budget after sales like that, I can't see when we ever will.

Our greatest ever Academy product, who's gone on to play for England 4 months after leaving us, a local lad who bleeds Blue and White to this day - sold on the cheap to keep the fucking lights on.

These owners make me sick, absolute scum.

Bang on. And the thing is, forget the cretins who suck up to the owners, Waggott and Suhail. The change of manager, another juggling of backroom staff, Broughton going, Park coming in. Whatever. This problem is solely because of Venkys. Change anything else and its a deckchairs and titanic situation.

Couldn't put it better than your last sentence.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, London blue said:

At this point Eustace and his team are no better, enabling this sham. 

We'll be relegated this year, there's little doubt about it.

Eustace is saying exactly the same things JDT said  ‘the lads need some help’

I can’t imagine he’ll be happy if he doesn’t get the players he wants.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Eustace is saying exactly the same things JDT said  ‘the lads need some help’

I can’t imagine he’ll be happy if he doesn’t get the players he wants.

Fair, though I just can't see him rocking the boat.

I don't know, he's clearly a decent enough bloke. It's just all fucked and he's an outlet, I guess.

• Like 1

I am generally a sunshine-pumper, but our situation appears to be growing worse by the day. 

Our best hopes of signings appear to be 38-year olds whose legs are gone, and last minute loaners. I would rather see our own academy players, even with the inevitable mistakes of their youth. 

• Like 4

The way they fund the club means there is no chance they'll match bond after bond to allow funds transfer because they'd have to use personal money.

I doubt they've used much if any of that in their entire tenure so it isn't going to happen now and they probably wouldn't trust their own govt anyway.

Would anyone trust ours, past OR present !

I also questioned how urgent it actually was from the owners side to resolve this when they know there was half a team to sell and cut back opportunities.  Every cloud has a silver lining when you are ducking and diving business men not risking your own personal stash.

I'll be amazed if it goes ahead in August never mind being resolved if it actually does.

I had a feeling our striker search might not be what we were hoping once the Tyjon news started coming to the fore a week or so ago. Since then, Rovers' Instagram has had multiple pictures, interviews and has even posted a video following just Igor during a training session, the day after he signed his contract.

I know social media really jazzes up signings these days, but I found it odd that a 16 year old was getting similar exposure a proper first team signing would get.

They are already gearing us up for what we can expect this coming season.

• Like 8

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont think we specifically need a really experienced keeper as in one at the very end of his career. Its not as if we have a really promising keeper that can take over after a year or 2.

The Ruddy rumour thankfully turned out to be a load of rubbish. Krul is not an inspiring link either, 36 and didnt play a league minute last season. Why cant we sign someone at a good age whereby he isnt too young but equally he has a good few years in him as our number 1.

Because we are skint.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The way they fund the club means there is no chance they'll match bond after bond to allow funds transfer because they'd have to use personal money.

I doubt they've used much if any of that in their entire tenure so it isn't going to happen now and they probably wouldn't trust their own govt anyway.

Would anyone trust ours, past OR present !

I also questioned how urgent it actually was from the owners side to resolve this when they know there was half a team to sell and cut back opportunities.  Every cloud has a silver lining when you are ducking and diving business men not risking your own personal stash.

I'll be amazed if it goes ahead in August never mind being resolved if it actually does.

My view is that the only time personal resources have been tipped into the equation is on the rare occasions such as when we signed Jordan Rhodes, Brereton and Gallagher. Big money signings totally out of kilter with the other business done during their tenure. This is why we see Ewood falling into disrepair, zero substantial investment in facilities.

The wages, running costs, bills get covered by the company as essential expenditure. Most transfer dosh we spend is too - covered either by prior sales or from installments on media etc. But the added extra cash - the non-essential, above and beyond costs like Rhodes and Brereton come when someone in India fancies a flutter. Probably when they're at their most engaged / ambitious be that after relegation wanting to show some determination to 'make up' for it or after promotion wanting to enjoy the moment.

In most cases those outlays recouped anyway, certainly was with Rhodes and Armstrong.

Let us not lose sight of the fact that the cutbacks started during covid and have continued since then, long before whispers of troubles in India. This suggests that the developments in India were either known to them a long time ago or that they have simply accelerated a process they'd already started of their own choice.

• Like 5

Yes any decent sized cash signings tend to appear when there has been room created in the budget or following sales rather than any extra put in.

Not sure how outgoing transfer spend versus incoming fees stacks up these days but not long ago it was pretty even over the length of their ownership.

Posted (edited)

A transfer thread once again dominated by these abhorrent owners, court cases, lies and mismanagement, what happened Anuradha J Desai?

Friday 19th November 2010Anuradha J Desai, the Chairperson of Venky’s, said:

“We are delighted, proud and humbled to be associated with Blackburn Rovers, a team with whom we share many values and ambitions. Going forward we plan to focus on leveraging the global influence in establishing Blackburn Rovers as a truly global brand. We will absolutely respect the Jack Walker legacy and will be actively supporting the organisation to ensure that Blackburn Rovers remains one of the best run Clubs within the Premier League.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 8

I envisage an Adam Wharton situation if the court case on August 20th doesn't rule in the Punatics favour whereby we are desperate for cash and and a club knows we are desperate and get Szmodics on the cheap. But the reality is that there isn't anyone left after that of any value.

It's all so predictable. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

I envisage an Adam Wharton situation if the court case on August 20th doesn't rule in the Punatics favour whereby we are desperate for cash and and a club knows we are desperate and get Szmodics on the cheap. But the reality is that there isn't anyone left after that of any value.

It's all so predictable. 

My only hope really is that the Wharton transfer will be their undoing and the judge cites this as evidence that the club can fund itself and denies them sending money. Administration follows and we are rid of this cancer.

• Like 6