BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

13 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

The facts are all in the public domain. Don't believe everything you hear 

Can you provide proof of these ‘facts’?

Telling lies about an ongoing court case isn’t going to reflect well on Venky’s once the court care resumes in August. I’d be amazed if they’d done that. 

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

@Forever Blue @KentExile I will always be positive and upbeat. Its the only way to approach things in my opinion. 

I will say Its just over 4 weeks until the season and I am looking forward to the first game of the season as always. Proper Football will be back then

Good old chaddy.

Chief Entertainments Officer on the Titanic.

• Like 5

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

I know the position. I'll let you do your own digging. Why do you think Wharton was sold to the first bidder? Let's see what happens on 20 August. 

I mean I thought the reason Wharton was sold for tuppence ha'penny was that the Court hearing was adjourned. The fact the case was adjourned is not in dispute is it?

However If as you claim they can't fund, and are given permission to do so by the Court in August, free of any stipulation to provide a supporting bond then any pretence they are willing and able to fund will be laid bare. Conversely if there is still a requirement for a supporting bond then there is no way of disproving what Jackson says and as far as we're concerned it's splitting hairs. Either way we don't get funded.

• Like 1

Signing Fleck would be an incredibly bizarre use of our limited finances considering we have Tronstad, JRC, Travis, Buckley and Garrett. 

The argument, I suppose, is that JRC might end being pushed further forward due to lack of attacking numbers/injuries (looking at you Hedges), and Garrett might go on loan to save a small amount of money.

But still, if we sign Fleck we know for sure we are scraping the bin for signings.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Can you provide proof of these ‘facts’?

Telling lies about an ongoing court case isn’t going to reflect well on Venky’s once the court care resumes in August. I’d be amazed if they’d done that. 

The Indian courts aren't bothered what fluff Venkys allow to be spouted in England.

I often try to think about the view from India, the Venky's POV...

Are they even aware of the noise around the Club? Have they enough interest to find out for themselves? If not, does someone keep them up to speed? Does anyone at the Club have the minerals to properly question their decisions, or even to request things of them?

I tend to assume they're just cooped up in their palace(s), absolutely living the life, blissfully unaware of the chaos unfolding over here, and possibly even oblivious to their continuously tarnishing reputation. Suhail/Waggott likely constantly kiss their ass whenever they liase with them, which makes sense considering how much they steal a living from them.

Has anyone at the Club had the bollocks to suggest that they request an earlier court date? If that's even possible over there.

It's just as likely that they know everything, are well in the loop, and aren't shy in telling people to fuck off with their opinions and requests... since they really just don't care about the Club.

It's wild, isn't it... What the hell even goes on over there?

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Signing Fleck would be an incredibly bizarre use of our limited finances considering we have Tronstad, JRC, Travis, Buckley and Garrett. 

The argument, I suppose, is that JRC might end being pushed further forward due to lack of attacking numbers/injuries (looking at you Hedges), and Garrett might go on loan to save a small amount of money.

But still, if we sign Fleck we know for sure we are scraping the bin for signings.

more and more sure that Garrett is seen by Rovers as the Szmodics replacement (hard working pressing attacking midfielder).  Watching the replay of the Accrington game, this was were Garrett was playing, and he also played this role in several cup games and vs West Brom away last season.

Fully agree that Fleck is a needless signing 

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I mean I thought the reason Wharton was sold for tuppence ha'penny was that the Court hearing was adjourned. The fact the case was adjourned is not in dispute is it?

However If as you claim they can't fund, and are given permission to do so by the Court in August, free of any stipulation to provide a supporting bond then any pretence they are willing and able to fund will be laid bare. Conversely if there is still a requirement for a supporting bond then there is no way of disproving what Jackson says and as far as we're concerned it's splitting hairs. Either way we don't get funded.

There is still a 20% tax levy now which seems to have been forgotten, can't see them being too happy about giving 2 million of every ten back to the Indian govt.

Feeding the beast that is biting them and imo and a few others contradicting why they were so happy to send millions over in the first place.

TAX.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

There is still a 20% tax levy now which seems to have been forgotten, can't see them being too happy about giving 2 million of every ten back to the Indian govt.

Feeding the beast that is biting them and imo and a few others contradicting why they were so happy to send millions over in the first place.

TAX.

Is that something that came in as a blanket regulation in India non specific to Venkys and if so when did it come into force?

4 minutes ago, KentExile said:

more and more sure that Garrett is seen as the Szmodics replacement (hard working pressing attacking midfielder).  Watching the replay of the Accrington game, this was were Garrett was playing, and he also played this role in several cup games and vs West Brom away last season

That's all well and good but we'd be 27 goals down.

9 minutes ago, KentExile said:

more and more sure that Garrett is seen by Rovers as the Szmodics replacement (hard working pressing attacking midfielder).  Watching the replay of the Accrington game, this was were Garrett was playing, and he also played this role in several cup games and vs West Brom away last season.

Fully agree that Fleck is a needless signing 

I'm sure JDT started playing him further forward as well, so you could be right here.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

In both of those scenarios, no, Eustace wouldn't have been backed. Weve brought in nearly £30m in the last 12 months through sales and sell ons and lost some very key players from an already thin squad. No combination of frees and loans would represent being backed.

We know where the first instalment of Wharton money went to continue to fund the club for rest of last season. The rest of money will help us to fund the shortfall this season which is disappointing that it isn't being reinvested in order to at least bring some quality players which improves the entire squad for this season but seasons after. 

I disagree on your backing point. Cos free transfers and loans signings is sort form of backing but not the sort of financial backing we want to see. 

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

As a side note, and this isnt a criticism of your suggestions because it will be difficult for anyone to improve the squad with such restrictions, these suggestions prove that. Neither scenario would give me any more confidence in the squad. Option A has 2 loans who only padded out the squad last year and Burke is woeful. The second scenario involves a keeper approaching retirement who hasnt played for a while and kids who havent really played senior football.

I disagree there. I think Tyrese Campbell coming here would improve our striker area and offers something different to Gallagher, Leonard and Tyjon. I included Burke in my list cos Eustace signed him last season and played him when signed him. I can see us going for him during the summer.  

On Krul he is only 36 years old and can still play for a couple more seasons. Iversen has a keeper would improve us. Fraser would give us something different. 

I think we can improve our squad even if it is just loan and free transfer market. It is what I want us to do? of course not. I would like us to spend money at least on a keeper and goalscoring striker but its like that isn't the case, so you deal with the situation we are in and do the best we can 

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Is that something that came in as a blanket regulation in India non specific to Venkys and if so when did it come into force?

From what i can gather it's a blanket rule and increased from 5% to 20% in October 2023.

So 4 million on 20 million is a hell of a lump of money to just give up.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

From what i can gather it's a blanket rule and increased from 5% to 20% in October 2023.

The end game must be extremely close.

Have to hope that @Mercer (who's rarely right, although I love your posts) is correct in that people in the USA are taking an interest in us, can only hope that there are murmurs globally that they are looking to sell up soon.

@Kamy100 have you heard anything?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

The end game must be extremely close.

Have to hope that @Mercer (who's rarely right, although I love your posts) is correct in that people in the USA are taking an interest in us, can only hope that there are murmurs globally that they are looking to sell up soon.

@Kamy100 have you heard anything?

It's probably what kicked off the issues with the Vs and their authorities in the first place and all the property and Akon stuff is collateral damage.

I'd wager there is a stand off between the two and of course as always with this ownership and its problems it's the team and fans that suffer from something that is nothing to do with us.

Apart the idiotic social media cult who blame fans for everything 'if we got 20k' everything would be fine nonsense.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That's all well and good but we'd be 27 goals down.

Yes,

Not saying this is a good idea, just that this is what seems to be happening.

I think, in time, this might work, (Garrett to play attacking midfield) but alongside all the other downsizing, is not a good sign

36 minutes ago, tomphil said:

OK thanks. I had seen that before but it didn't really register properly.

So £4m Instead of £1m on every £20m sent over? A £3m difference. Might be the crux of the matter.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

OK thanks. I had seen that before but it didn't really register properly.

So £4m Instead of £1m on every £20m sent over? A £3m difference. Might be the crux of the matter.

So then begs the question, are they going to run us into the ground and sell off all of our assets (which I guess started with the training ground) or look to sell us with our assets still in place.

• Like 1

On 05/07/2024 at 21:01, rigger said:

So do you agree or disagree with my statement ( no rhetoric please) ?

Cicero says no!

The cost cutting nearly took us down last year. 

Further weakening a poor squad has been executed before by these charlatans. Twice, it cost us our league status. Hence, the remarks about deliberate relegation.

There are not enough goals in this team.

The defence needs strengthening and we need more creativity in the team.

26 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

So then begs the question, are they going to run us into the ground and sell off all of our assets (which I guess started with the training ground) or look to sell us with our assets still in place.

Devil's Advocate Mode: The training ground is SUPPOSED to be still owned by the Club for all intents and purposes, the transfer of the training ground was SUPPOSED to be an accounting tool to get round FFP requirements for that season due to money from the Armstrong? transfer coming in late. Guess we'll only know when the Club is sold which I'm still not convinced is imminently on the horizon.

Have to agree though, the plan appears to be selling off all the assets and Waggott has been doing a passable job of running us into the ground ever since he walked through the door.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

We know where the first instalment of Wharton money went to continue to fund the club for rest of last season. The rest of money will help us to fund the shortfall this season which is disappointing that it isn't being reinvested in order to at least bring some quality players which improves the entire squad for this season but seasons after. 

I disagree on your backing point. Cos free transfers and loans signings is sort form of backing but not the sort of financial backing we want to see. 

I disagree there. I think Tyrese Campbell coming here would improve our striker area and offers something different to Gallagher, Leonard and Tyjon. I included Burke in my list cos Eustace signed him last season and played him when signed him. I can see us going for him during the summer.  

On Krul he is only 36 years old and can still play for a couple more seasons. Iversen has a keeper would improve us. Fraser would give us something different. 

I think we can improve our squad even if it is just loan and free transfer market. It is what I want us to do? of course not. I would like us to spend money at least on a keeper and goalscoring striker but its like that isn't the case, so you deal with the situation we are in and do the best we can 

We clearly have a difference in how we define backing. According to you, every single manager is backed because every team signs players of some description.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Extract from the court order 31/10/23…

IMG_1754.thumb.jpeg.b56b9c33f785d73d4d8fd6c1f5986b8e.jpeg

Am I understanding this right?, if Venkies put in 2 mil to the club they have to match that? effectively doubling "their" expense