BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have no idea what will happened.  

Jackson has asked for end of season cos I asked him on the 9th of May about him doing an interview with Waggott

https://x.com/BRFCfan4life/status/1788674992877502954?s=19

Good steady centre back. Let's hope it actually happened 🙏

Adam Owen? 

Park will surely bring in his staff to help him. 

Help him do what exactly 

4 hours ago, neophox said:

Well if we sign a defender... Then it's a sign that Carter or Hyam will leave for a bigger fee..

Who is buying Hyam for a big fee, with one year to go off the back of a season in which he struggled?

Carter also had a poor season interrupted by a bad injury so I cant see much interest in him at the moment, certainly for a decent fee, and talk of Premier League clubs being in for him seems unlikely.

Like with basically all positions, we dont have enough centre backs. We need one in at the minimum without exits.

1 hour ago, B16Rover said:

On the face of it, Millwall are doing some great business so far 

Extremely interested to see how Langstaff does. Crazy goal rate but a huge step up. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JamieUK said:

Living in Preston I hear a lot about North End. It pains me to see that they are becoming a model on how we should be operating. Cheap season tickets last year - best crowds for 60 years and despite the rightful flack he got for what he did with Leeds, they have a CEO in Risdale who knows what he's doing. They've brought in 2 players for positions they need and have announced they're now moving on to filling the other areas they're short. All off the back of bringing in nearly £30m in transfer fees nope, signing £3m+ worth of players last season. transfermarkt.co.uk indicates they've not sold anyone of note since 2022.

I know it's preaching to the converted on here, but how do so many on Ewood accept the shite we're going through as being the norm?!

For years now Venkys and Waggott have been able to hide behind FFP as the big bad problem and reason why they can't do anything more. Unfortunately a large portion of the fanbase swallowed that hook, line and sinker. 

The events of the last 18 months, coupled with what we see happening at rival mid-table Championship sides where there is much lower transfer income yet higher spend on fees and cheaper tickets, proves that it was only ever a convenient excuse. It's gone now, finished. 

Everyone knows, or should know, that it has always been the decisions of the odious ones that have held us back, nothing more nothing less.

• Like 7

Rothwell will do well at Leeds. 

Must be something in the Gilchrist rumours. Would be good cover at CB, although he is not the biggest guy. I’m sure he will be better than we have got. Need a GK and some forwards

Waiting till deadline day to offload Sammie for 9m, I see.

Edited by Fraserkirky

Wonder where Allan Campbell is off, just been released from Luton. Was well thought of when he came South from Scotland. Played 42 times in Luton’s promotion season, spent last year on loan at Millwall.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Who is buying Hyam for a big fee, with one year to go off the back of a season in which he struggled?

Carter also had a poor season interrupted by a bad injury so I cant see much interest in him at the moment, certainly for a decent fee, and talk of Premier League clubs being in for him seems unlikely.

Like with basically all positions, we dont have enough centre backs. We need one in at the minimum without exits.

No use selling any of our players anymore, if we are not seeing any sort of financial outlay on the funds generated by those sales.. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Wonder where Allan Campbell is off, just been released from Luton. Was well thought of when he came South from Scotland. Played 42 times in Luton’s promotion season, spent last year on loan at Millwall.

I wonder what went wrong for him at Millwall on loan for him to only feature about 10 times despite not being injured?  Quite often not even named on the bench. Always struck me as a hard working, Travis type.

Edited by KentExile

7 minutes ago, KentExile said:

I wonder what went wrong for him at Millwall on loan for him to only feature about 10 times despite not being injured?  Quite often not even named on the bench. Always struck me as a hard working, Travis type.

Not sure. Just presumed he’d been injured, midfield not a priority for us but I think we could do a lot worse. He’s shown he can play at this level and is only 26

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Apparently he was just not very good when he played at the start of the season and eventually dropped out of favour

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rob_of_the_rovers said:

Apparently he was just not very good when he played at the start of the season and eventually dropped out of favour

Fair enough, thanks for that  🙂 

I did wonder if it was an attitude thing or similar, but couldn't find anything that said why he wasn't playing and didn't want to jump to conclusions.

Speaking of the U21's, did Whitehall, Baker and Saadi sign the new contracts they were offered as per the retained list? Guessing the latter has as he played on Sat.

Just strange no announcement on it seeing as they did articles on the scholars and the lads signing there first pro deals.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Speaking of the U21's, did Whitehall, Baker and Saadi sign the new contracts they were offered as per the retained list? Guessing the latter has as he played on Sat.

Just strange no announcement on it seeing as they did articles on the scholars and the lads signing there first pro deals.

Dont know why we bother with Instagram.  Cut out the middleman and do eBay listings.

On 10/07/2024 at 07:09, MarkBRFC said:

Think it's clear that Vale coming back into the squad replaces Telalovic.

I do not kike Vale at all   Seen nothing to get excited about, dies not even orivide energy or effort. At least our Gally, who's not so great either gives us 100% effort working his socks off.  A minimum requirement.  We will have to hope Leonard comes good, he certainly looks more likely.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Saadi must have signed as he played at Accrington last week. The other two I don't know. I tried to find out who played at Hyde last Saturday but to no avail. Rovers are sending a team to Macclesfield tomorrow whilst the first team have two BCD games against Tranmere so I expect the team at Macclesfield will include a few scholars and perhaps trialists.

• Like 1