BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

This could them selling everything of value before they actually leave us.

Sad, but if this is the case, more will be going.

Maybe they want some money back before they do so.

One can but hope. 

Sadly, I very much doubt it., 

Edited by Moptop1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9VH5bANp3U/?igsh=MXcydjVqZzJ4YnNoaA==

Ipswich in talks with Rovers - £6m deal with add-ons for Sammie Szmodics.

Same club that's spunking £20m on Hull players?

If we were a well run club I'd tell them to do one - alas £6m will be enough for our CEO. 

• Like 1

Liam Cooper would be a good first signing tbf. He's a good defender and has the leadership qualities we are lacking. Sounds like he wants to come so I think it will happen. 

Sammie will leave this summer - but not for £6m. Not even we would sell him for that price. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Liam Cooper would be a good first signing tbf. He's a good defender and has the leadership qualities we are lacking. Sounds like he wants to come so I think it will happen. 

Sammie will leave this summer - but not for £6m. Not even we would sell him for that price. 

course we will,if we can sell adam wharton on the cheap then i can see no reason why they won`t sell sammie on the cheap either,defies belief they appear to value gallagher at more than 2 million,dem indians and the fat geordie are crazzzzzzzy

This is a joke, budget or no budget we should of seen some free transfers in by now - we’re battling wages on free agents  and worse, we cant  even get OAPs in who we’re playing for us 3months ago.

Us and Swansea the only teams not to of brought players in…Swansea must have slept in on the job…JOKE

Edited by BankEnd Rover

13 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

This is a joke, budget or no budget we should of seen some free transfers in by now - we’re battling wages on free agents  and worse, we cant  even get OAPs in who we’re playing for us 3months ago.

Us and Swansea the only teams not to of brought players in…Swansea must have slept in on the job…JOKE

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/goncalo-franco-seals-swansea-city-move

Just Rovers now

1 hour ago, rigger said:

That is on the same level as, England were odds on to go out at the first knock out game , because of the shit performances in the group games.

I did some betting on that game, and can confirm we were definitely not odds on favourites to go out. In fact the Spain game is the first one we haven't been favourites for.

5 hours ago, G Somerset Rover said:

In talks with Liam Cooper according to the LET.

https://tinyurl.com/y8brf75w

Would be good logically signing. Loads of experience, left footed and leadership quality after been captain at Leeds aswell

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Everton.

I would be going all out for that keeper that's just left Ipswich, suprised he hasn't been snapped up yet.

We are still after a first choice senior keeper and I suggested Hladky before and given he is available on a free transfer. For me, its a no brainer and one of the most sensible and logically move we could make this summer  

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

Nixon has laughed off the £6m Sammie fee FWIW

Ipswich need to offer £15m plus Ali Al-Hamadi to even consider it

49 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I expect this season to be a grind with Eustace having a completely different approach to JDT. He showed last season that he could set up a defence. If we sign the 4 or 5 quality players JE wants I’m hopeful of a half-decent season. 

If you were at Accy Stanley game, you would have seen a different approach which was right winger cutting inside and Brittain providing the width from right back and Dolan playing wide and high on the left. 4-2-3-1 out of possession and 3-4-1-2 in possession. 

30 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

course we will,if we can sell adam wharton on the cheap then i can see no reason why they won`t sell sammie on the cheap either,defies belief they appear to value gallagher at more than 2 million,dem indians and the fat geordie are crazzzzzzzy

We're not selling for £6m, not a chance. 

We needed to sell Wharton to see us through the season and beyond now that the taps have been turned off. That and the Raya money means we don't need to sell Sammie quite so desperately. 

We will sell him this summer though, probably for around £8m plus add ons. A deal totalling around £10m will probably be accepted.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I have no doubt he'll get us relegated.

i don`t rate him but it won`t be his fault at all when the drop happens,you can`t work with the s**thouses running the show,i doubt he`ll last the season tbh unless they back him with some money

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I did some betting on that game, and can confirm we were definitely not odds on favourites to go out. In fact the Spain game is the first one we haven't been favourites for.

I meant odds on from the fans, the same as some fans have us odds on for relegation next  season.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Andy said:

I was told (and posted) at the end of the season that SS would go for around £8m - it's what had been agreed between player, club and agent at the end of last season, before we went away.

Same person who told me exactly what the kits would look like back in May, right down to the roadmap effect on the pink 3rd kit.

Hasn't been wrong yet.

The reaction on szmodizcs for me is over the top…This ridiculous figure of 15-20m is stupid especially looking at his numbers on paper…8m on a 29 year old’s ‘one season’ wonder is okay if we were a real business…It makes it alot worse because this is Venkeys and this is Blackburn rovers - 95% of it will be stuck on that last flickering light and the 5% will be used on the canteen to feed the staff. 

Edited by BankEnd Rover

10 minutes ago, Andy said:

I was told (and posted) at the end of the season that SS would go for around £8m - it's what had been agreed between player, club and agent at the end of last season, before we went away.

Same person who told me exactly what the kits would look like back in May, right down to the roadmap effect on the pink 3rd kit.

Hasn't been wrong yet.

Perhaps his contract extension last December came with a release clause specifying an £8m fee?

9 minutes ago, Andy said:

Hasn't been wrong yet.

Bet this was agreed when he signed his new deal at the turn of the year, allows club to safeguard getting a fee and would allow him a premier league move should one materialise. We can moan about the fee, but we would be complaining even more now if he was going into the last 12 months of his deal and was refusing to sign a new deal.

Can imagine Szmodics party insisted on it as this will probably be his only opportunity for a move to the premier league and the big money that comes with it.

Unpopular opinion but I don’t begrudge him or the club if he leaves for the premier league for a fee of around £8 million.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FE123 said:

Bet this was agreed when he signed his new deal at the turn of the year, allows club to safeguard getting a fee and would allow him a premier league move should one materialise. We can moan about the fee, but we would be complaining even more now if he was going into the last 12 months of his deal and was refusing to sign a new deal.

Can imagine Szmodics party insisted on it as this will probably be his only opportunity for a move to the premier league and the big money that comes with it.

Unpopular opinion but I don’t begrudge him or the club if he leaves for the premier league for a fee of around £8 million.

If I remember rightly, his old deal would have been going into its last 12 months...then had a 12 month extension option. His new deal only added one year of security for the club.

If we allowed an 8 mill release clause in that deal we're even fucking dumber than I thought.