BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Sigurdsson is really not a ready made replacement.

Siggy at number 10 will work I think.

For me he’s not fast or strong enough to be a winger in this division…with some pace on the wings and a new striker, Siggy will score goals…Let’s be honest we’re not going to find anyone with the same goal return as SS, even if we had money. You’re right in that Siggy doesn’t have the same engine but his vision will surpass Sammies. 

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Nov ‘23

😲 no fckin way!! So he was in peak form at the time! thats insane even by Raovers standards!! if it was the season before when he was just looking like a handy 6-10 goal a season midfielder then maybe I could see how it could have happened(although it would still have been unforgivable) but Novemeber 23.... FUUUUUCk me.

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

2 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

😲 no fckin way!! So he was in peak form at the time! thats insane even by Raovers standards!! if it was the season before when he was just looking like a handy 6-10 goal a season midfielder then maybe I could see how it could have happened(although it would still have been unforgivable) but Novemeber 23.... FUUUUUCk me.

He probably wouldn’t have signed it without the clause TBF

14 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Siggy at number 10 will work I think.

For me he’s not fast or strong enough to be a winger in this division…with some pace on the wings and a new striker, Siggy will score goals…Let’s be honest we’re not going to find anyone with the same goal return as SS, even if we had money. You’re right in that Siggy doesn’t have the same engine but his vision will surpass Sammies. 

Szmodics is quite quick though, Sigurdsson isn't, he'll only be effective if he's got pace around him (which he hasn't). 

If we sit back and try hit teams on the counter (see Leicester last game of the season) Sigurdsson won't be much use compared to Szmodics.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Szmodics is quite quick though, Sigurdsson isn't, he'll only be effective if he's got pace around him (which he hasn't). 

If we sit back and try hit teams on the counter (see Leicester last game of the season) Sigurdsson won't be much use compared to Szmodics.

I don't think Szmodics is that quick. He is alert, energetic and a good finisher.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

I don't think Szmodics is that quick. He is alert, energetic and a good finisher.

Szmodics is not lightning quick, but he is both faster of the mark and over distance than Sigurdsson.

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

Siggy is a clever footballer and a good finisher, it’s just last season was a bit much for him physically. 

I want to believe we see a much better Siggy on the pitch this season. We need him to be.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

We didn't really need him to if we're selling him this summer.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Inferi said:

Surely Waggott has a cunning plan. Verbally agree to a juicy multiyear deal, then present a lower salary on a one year deal when the player is in the building. Surely the player will think feck it, since I already travelled here I will sign it anyway.

proper waggotism is that,definately the way he works

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rigger said:

He's not rapid but he's quick enough, certainly quicker than Sigurdsson and it's paid off with some of the goals he's scored. Sigurdsson won't be playing in the same way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Sigurdsson is really not a ready made replacement.

Sigurdsson is the antithesis of Sammy. 

Sammy is a worker Siggy is lazy

Sammy is a team player Siggy looked like he would rather be anywhere else for most of the season.

Sammy appeared to be bullet-proof last season no matter how many minutes he played. Siggy seems to be made of glass.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gamst said:

Gestede was meant to improve lines of communication with the supporters but we have the same radio silence suggesting he is another ‘yes’ man. They clearly disrespect the fans and see us as useful idiots. I for one will not be spending another single penny on the club until they’re gone. 

What do you really want Gestede to say during a transfer window?

3 hours ago, FE123 said:

Will be quite telling if Szmodics is involved today. The cynical side of me would say the protective boot from last weekend might be a decent excuse. I recall Hanley doing something very similar a few years back when Newcastle came calling. My money is on him not being involved at all.

He played. Also he was in the training ground pictures on Monday on Twitter training

I hope you didn't lose any money

3 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

There’s a clause in his contract apparently, which was put there when he signed his new contract. 

says who? who are these people suggesting this? 

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

The reality is, 8-10m is probably fair for a soon to be 29 year old who's been plying his trade below the Championship for most of his career. He's had one very impressive season, but that's really it. 

We would have snapped anyone's hands off had they offered 8m a season ago and there's a good chance that 12 months from now he's coming off the back of a 10-15 goal season in the Championship where his value will drop.

I'm against selling him because we won't see any of the money and it will just weaken our team, but it's actually somewhat fair value for a player of his skill level, experience, and age. Any club signing him will know that he will have virtually no re-sell value (assuming they hold onto him until he is 31/32).

I think its has to be £15m at least. 33 goals and in his peak of his career

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

Szmodics is not lightning quick, but he is both faster of the mark and over distance than Sigurdsson.

Szmodics makes very clever runs and knows when he wants press or not, made a run a into the channel or drops deep. His intelligence is class

• Like 1

Anyone starting to think we might be coming an end of venkys providing this court case going against them? This might be the reason of the exodus to get some funds back.

Think I’m in dreamland, but one can hope 😂

Venkys Waggot Pasha out!!!

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

He's not rapid but he's quick enough, certainly quicker than Sigurdsson and it's paid off with some of the goals he's scored. Sigurdsson won't be playing in the same way.

He surprised me the way he ran away from the Leicester defenders for the first goal. He was quick enough that day.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OssyLad said:

Anyone starting to think we might be coming an end of venkys providing this court case going against them? This might be the reason of the exodus to get some funds back.

Think I’m in dreamland, but one can hope 😂

Venkys Waggot Pasha out!!!

There are some people that have allegedly initiated an intermediary to look into the potential purchase of Rovers.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What do you really want Gestede to say during a transfer window?

He played. Also he was in the training ground pictures on Monday on Twitter training

I hope you didn't lose any money

says who? who are these people suggesting this? 

I think its has to be £15m at least. 33 goals and in his peak of his career

Szmodics makes very clever runs and knows when he wants press or not, made a run a into the channel or drops deep. His intelligence is class

Ollie Watkins was plying his trade at weston Super Mare. 

Cometh the hour, cometh the man. Top championship scorer playing for an underperforming team. 

Talk of 6 million makes me want to 🤮

Has anybody actually quoted a rumour, or claimed inside knowledge, that Sammy has a release clause? All I've seen was a post speculating it, and someone saying they'd heard the club and player had agreed a fee he would be able to leave for (which is not necessarily the same as a contracted release clause) and it seems like some other posters have got carried away with it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Has anybody actually quoted a rumour, or claimed inside knowledge, that Sammy has a release clause? All I've seen was a post speculating it, and someone saying they'd heard the club and player had agreed a fee he would be able to leave for (which is not necessarily the same as a contracted release clause) and it seems like some other posters have got carried away with it.

If a fee had been agreed, Szmodics would not have featured today

* Doesn't mean that there is not a clause

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

why "tbf"!! Was his contract due to expire this summer? 

Even with just 12 months left on his contract he'd now still be worth 10mill+ up front. Just yet another amature short sighted contract extension that will see the club lose out on millions  

(if the rumours true that is) 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

5 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

why "tbf"!! Was his contract due to expire this summer? 

Even with just 12 months left on his contract he'd now still be worth 10mill+ up front. Just yet another amature short sighted contract extension that will see the club lose out on millions 

His original deal when he signed included  an option for another year, so essentially he would have had 2 years left on his contract this summer without signing the new deal

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Carried away? It’s just the re-posting of a rumour from probably one of the few people on this forum with a bit of inside knowledge. If he knew the kit was pink in May then he has the inside track.

Whether he’s right on this, who knows, but it’s hardly beyond the realms of possibility that a bloke banging in the goals wanted a pay rise and also a release clause in order for Rovers to be able to protect an asset. This is a club, after all, that gave away a prodigious talent for half the price Leeds have just sold one for. 

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Carried away? It’s just the re-posting of a rumour from probably one of the few people on this forum with a bit of inside knowledge. If he knew the kit was pink in May then he has the inside track.

Whether he’s right on this, who knows, but it’s hardly beyond the realms of possibility that a bloke banging in the goals wanted a pay rise and also a release clause in order for Rovers to be able to protect an asset. 

There is a trade off, you don't give the guy a pay rise alongside a very low release clause, otherwise you are not protecting an asset, you are loosing them on the cheap.  We already had him signed up until 2026 without the contract extension/wage rise

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 2