BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

42 minutes ago, AJW said:

Think that’s the guy that had 3 or 4 good chances at Rovers , 1-on-1 with keeper iirc and blew them all 

Thinking that myself, he was a right handful though 

1 hour ago, Theaxe15 said:

I think that’s Telalovic in disguise. Both in looks and career so far

Not bigging this lad up, quite frankly never heard of him. he’s probably being offered around by his agent after they have been relegated but Telalovic never played in the 2.Bundesliga and certainly hadn’t scored goals at that level.

Would be another inexpensive gamble which I’m sure certain directors would be happy with…

I cannot understand this faith in Sigurdsson just because he scored a few goals last season. I thought he was awful with the heart the size of a pea and looked like he just did not fancy the rough and tumble of the Championship. If we're depending on him to take over the Szmodics mantle we're going to be in serious trouble (not that we aren't already)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Shocked if we are part exchanging a Pepperami - far too valuable for the canteen and odd snack.

Waggott looks like he has Pepperami’s for breakfast to be fair so I imagine he might be keen to hold onto them

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Don’t believe this one bit, especially when we have no money, plus he play a positions we aren’t in dire need for…Think it’s just a recycled story as we’ve been in for him in previous years.

IMG_0015.png

There’s every chance we’ll sell someone else to raise funds, so if Branagan costs less than the player we sell I can well believe. 

Good player though Brannagan. Proper midfield schemer. 

12 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

There’s every chance we’ll sell someone else to raise funds, so if Branagan costs less than the player we sell I can well believe. 

Good player though Brannagan. Proper midfield schemer. 

Fund we raise should be going on A winger, striker and then GK before any central midfielder and that’s even if we sell a CM, we have 5 players covered for CM.

No chance he comes to us.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think that Armstrong was the worst striker (beside Telalovic) that I saw at Ewood all season. 

Do you mean Adam Armsrong who helped Southampton to the Premiership in the play off final. What planet are you on.

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I liked the look of Sinclair Armstrong.

Destroyed our defence just couldn't finish.

Much much better than Gallagher imo.

If we start the season with Gallagher, Armstrong and Dykes the netting behind the goal will have to go half way around the ground 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Fund we raise should be going on A winger, striker and then GK before any central midfielder and that’s even if we sell a CM, we have 5 players covered for CM.

Any funds we raise will follow the £29m in transfer funds we raised in the last 6 months into a black hole. 

• Like 2

Just now, J*B said:

RE Chaddy’s question on squad, this is genuinely what I think we need to be competitive:

GK: New, New, Michalski

RB: Brittain, New

CB: Carter, New, ORoirdon, New

LB: New, Pickering, Gent

CM: Travis, Tronstad, Buckley, JRC

RW: New, Hedges

CM: New, New

LW: New, Gilsnan

CF: New, New, Leonard, Tyjon 

That’s my 26 man squad.

All players with sub 1 year on their deal must be sold: Dolan, Hyam, Gallagher, Sigurdsson. 

Must be sold whilst value is high: Szmodics

Sold to any bidder as proven not good enough: Vale, Markanday, Hilton, Garrett, Pears, Batty. 

That's obviously not happening, but I like the ambition.

I'd send Garrett, Batty and Tyjon out on loan, personally. Garrett and Batty especially need consistent men's football. Where's Duru in your reckoning? Loan I assume?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I want 5 players unless we loan players out to play a full season at league 1 or 2 level. 

See post above on those positions I want signings 

I saw the post, I was quoting the post, and I summarised the post. You listed 7 players. One of them was 'depending on what we do with Garrett', and one said 'potentially', but you listed 7 signings you want. Sounds like 6 if we don't loan out Garrett.

So you will be unhappy if we sign 10 players without loaning or selling first team squad members? You'll think 7 players if we don't loan anyone out, or 8 players if we do, is too much?

Or will you just be happy with whatever the club does? Because you can just say that, you know. It will involve a lot less mental gymnastics and a lot less pointless discussions if you just say you trust the club and trust Eustace and whatever they deliver or don't, you'll be happy with.

Edited by bluebruce

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

That's obviously not happening, but I like the ambition.

I'd send Garrett, Batty and Tyjon out on loan, personally. Garrett and Batty especially need consistent men's football. Where's Duru in your reckoning? Loan I assume?

It won’t happen, but it should. We’ve just had a full year with nobody to bring off the bench. 

I’ve seen enough of Garrett to confidentially say he will never make it here. Saying that, we’re on such a downhill spiral he probably will. A truly one dimensional footballer with extremely limited ability.

Batty gets a chance every pre season and never takes it. He’s quick, that’s about it. Get rid for whatever pennies we can. 

Duru to my knowledge hasn’t played a season of men’s football. He cannot be considered to be reliable until he’s done that to some success. A loan to a L2 side would be great. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Theaxe15 said:

Imagine he’d cost more than a fiver and a Pepperami so that rules us out

I'd offer to chuck a tenner in, but it would just get added to Swag's pension pot.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, M_B said:

Thinking that myself, he was a right handful though 

One of the strangest performances I’ve ever seen from an opposition player. He absolutely terrorised us that day, but his finishing was woeful. If he’d banged in 10 goals last season he’d no doubt be getting a move to the Premier League considering his physical profile, the fact he’s only 21 and a full international.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

We just have quantity at CM, no real quality. Outside of Szmodics and Carter the rest of the lot are warm bodies. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, yankfan said:

We just have quantity at CM, no real quality. Outside of Szmodics and Carter the rest of the lot are warm bodies. 

hedges is ok(when fit),jrc is ok so is tronstadt i don`t mind brittain on the right wing rather than right back,other than that ,as you say,it`s pretty uninspiring

• Like 1