BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

3 hours ago, FE123 said:

10 goals in 31 games for a team that only scored 33 goals all season. It’s actually pretty impressive when you see the full facts. 

If we were linked with someone who’d scored 15 for Rotherham last season would you be impressed?

A gamble none the less but certainly not comparable to Telalovic and has potential to score goals 

Telalovic was not a gamble so much as doing the lottery.

• Like 2

All I'm hearing is that we are offering 1yr deals with option. Youth signing deals with similar terms, With what I said a few weeks back about players being sold before previous club would be due payment. Sounds as though owners not committed long term. August court case could be a blessing 🤞 going one way either way, Hopefully without the venkys

Edited by Rover8T4
  • Like 4

So there is a court hearing on August 20, but the verdict may well come several days later...!? Judges must typically withdraw, deliberate, and then write the ruling. And how do we know it's only one court day?

Or is this a simple hearing with a simple conclusion which judges can write the same?

My point is: I'm not entirely confident we will get answers the same day, or that a (hopefully positive) conclusion will come the same day...

Edited by sverrehh
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

as an avid football gambler i can tell you the bundesliga 2 is competetive and definately on a par with the championship,some really big clubs in it

I thought this was extremely unlikely (them being truly on par) as my understanding was the Championship had by far the most revenue of any second tier league.

But having looked it up, Championship clubs' revenue was £749 million in 2022/23, and 2.Bundesliga revenue was 785 million Euros (£659 million) in 2022/23, so there's not as much in it as I thought. When you then account for the Championship having 24 clubs and the 2.Bundesliga only having 18, it becomes £31.2 million per club in the Championship, and £36.6 million per club in the 2.Bundesliga.

Of course, money doesn't tell the whole story, but 2.Bundesliga clubs actually averaging more spending power than Championship clubs (plus 11 clubs were in the black financially, which I'm sure is more proportionally than the Championship, a quick search suggests only 2 Championship clubs have no debt, only 5 made any profit, and debt totals over 1.5 billion, so they'll have even more spending power) tells me the leagues very likely are on par.

I feel mildly more encouraged by the link now, though hardly pulse pounding. If we were linked to a 26-year old, 10 goal striker from the Championship I'd still have concerns, but in this case he'd also need to adapt to the country and league.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, sverrehh said:

So there is a court hearing on August 20, but the verdict may well come several days later...!? Judges must typically withdraw, deliberate, and then write the ruling. And how do we know it's only one court day?

Or is this a simple hearing with a simple conclusion which judges can write the same?

My point is: I'm not entirely confident we will get answers the same day, or that a (hopefully positive) conclusion will come the same day...

This is a very good point I don't believe anyone has considered. And I don't think it's a simple hearing, as it has already been postponed twice, and I'm sure one time it was mentioned it was due to the complexity of the case or more information being needed or something. The other time I think they said it was due to the court having a backlog of cases and no time to hear it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I feel mildly more encouraged by the link now, though hardly pulse pounding. If we were linked to a 26-year old, 10 goal striker from the Championship I'd still have concerns, but in this case he'd also need to adapt to the country and league.

i can only go on the football i see tbh,if he can score goals in a struggling team(osnabruick) were relegated last season then he can do it here in a slightly less struggling club (providing we bring in some more players that is) i think he`ll certainly offer more than gallagher,comparisons with telalovic are certainly wide of the mark,this lad has a proven scoring record and has played regularly

14 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i can only go on the football i see tbh,if he can score goals in a struggling team(osnabruick) were relegated last season then he can do it here in a slightly less struggling club (providing we bring in some more players that is) i think he`ll certainly offer more than gallagher,comparisons with telalovic are certainly wide of the mark,this lad has a proven scoring record and has played regularly

Still, if he took the same goals haul to the Championship (there are more games here but we'll account for adjusting to a new league and say he gets the same), 10 goals is still only an extra 7 from Gallagher's tally last season (only played 24 games though), and only 1 to 2 more than Gallagher has contributed in each of the three seasons before that. It would help, but it's not going to make a sea of difference. And if we lose Szmodics we've another 20 goals remaining to replace just to break even with last year's dismal effort.

Edited by bluebruce

Sounds like the manager and recruitment team want to pull the trigger but Waggot/Pasha have stupidly told the owners we don’t need any money. Probably in a bid to look good and not trouble them.

Those two need to go pronto

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

I suspect that Gallagher would get more than 10 in the German second division.

12 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Sounds like the manager and recruitment team want to pull the trigger but Waggot/Pasha have stupidly told the owners we don’t need any money. Probably in a bid to look good and not trouble them.

Those two need to go pronto

Or more likely. The owners simply wont allow the money to be spent.

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Based on what? The levels are broadly similar and he hasn't hit those numbers for us any time recently. Factor in the fewer number of games over the season and the fact that he's usually injured for a good chunk of it then I doubt he'd do much better than here.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Or more likely. The owners simply wont allow the money to be spent.

I honestly think Waggot and/or Pasha are more interested in pandering to the owners to either look good or achieve some sort of bonus. That insider quote about ‘washing our face’ sums it up.

By flogging players like we have it’s the first time in a while they can say they don’t need the cash to keep going.

Never mind that the squad is total gash and we are likely to be relegated they will just roll the dice and hope for the best like last summer. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, roverblue said:

I honestly think Waggot and/or Pasha are more interested in pandering to the owners to either look good or achieve some sort of bonus. That insider quote about ‘washing our face’ sums it up.

By flogging players like we have it’s the first time in a while they can say they don’t need the cash to keep going.

Never mind that the squad is total gash and we are likely to be relegated they will just roll the dice and hope for the best like last summer. 

If the rumours are true and swag is retiring some point this season no doubt the crook will be looking for a golden handshake. He needs a good boot straight between the legs on the way out 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

If the rumours are true and swag is retiring some point this season no doubt the crook will be looking for a golden handshake. He needs a good boot straight between the legs on the way out 

I’ll travel home to Blackburn, to be the first to kick him where it hurts. 

The rest of you can then proceed after me.

• Like 1

Now everyone has realised we have no money, Venkys can't send any money, Waggott told lies and we are not signing anyone with actual money until at least after Aug 20th, this thread has slowed down more than the ST sales (about to go up in price again).

What an abysmal fucking shit show.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

as an avid football gambler i can tell you the bundesliga 2 is competetive and definately on a par with the championship,some really big clubs in it

Fair comment. I’m just presuming the parachute money, and the clubs which benefit, in the championship would mean those clubs were stronger. The rest of the league not so much so.

9 hours ago, neophox said:

Think the Erik Engelhardt rumours could be true... with Rovers in Austria he could meet the manager at some point.

Could be a good replacement for Telalovic.

I’m 49 , 16 stone. And havnt kicked a ball in 9 years …I would be a good replacement for Telalovic 😆😆

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

Lump on the relegation odds soon, because it’s now becoming known outside of Blackburn just how much of a mess we’re in:

This should be shared on the comments/thread of every twitter and Facebook post Rovers make. See if it can’t wake up one or two of those fans who blindly back the owners. 

• Like 5

Not sure where the 'they'll put us in admin' comes from.

It'll take 6 months before that would happen because there are still transfer instalments incoming and we'd need to be owing thousands in unpaid tax, vat, loans, overdrafts, wages, NI etc etc.

They have proved to be masters at staving that off for a decade.

1 hour ago, rob_of_the_rovers said:

Based on what? The levels are broadly similar and he hasn't hit those numbers for us any time recently. Factor in the fewer number of games over the season and the fact that he's usually injured for a good chunk of it then I doubt he'd do much better than here.

Is the German second tier on par with the Championship? I dont watch it but I very much doubt it.

Gallagher is a bottom half Championship standard striker. When fit for most of the season he has tended to score 8 or 9 goals a season. I think because he isnt great, people still overplay how poor he is. We have proven a number of times that on a budget it isnt a formality to improve on him.

Obviously I am not factoring in injuries and assuming that he plays a full ssason

1 hour ago, roverblue said:

So do you think Venkys would spend money if it wasnt for this theory of yours that people are telling them not to?

"Insider" very much tongue in cheek. 

1 hour ago, roverblue said:

That's exactly how they operate they are keeping themselves in wages by overseeing managed decline with the model they've pitched to the owners who are still too stupid to realise the damage that is being done.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

That's exactly how they operate they are keeping themselves in wages by overseeing managed decline with the model they've pitched to the owners who are still too stupid to realise the damage that is being done.

Come on now. Not stupid, just badly advised. And confused...so confused. C***ts.

• Like 3