BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is the German second tier on par with the Championship? I dont watch it but I very much doubt it.

Gallagher is a bottom half Championship standard striker. When fit for most of the season he has tended to score 8 or 9 goals a season. I think because he isnt great, people still overplay how poor he is. We have proven a number of times that on a budget it isnt a formality to improve on him.

Obviously I am not factoring in injuries and assuming that he plays a full ssason

I don't agree as they were several strikers we could have signed instead of signing 2 strikers like we did, just sign quality one. We could have sign Ryan Hardie last summer as he was out of contract similar to Ennis. Maybe we sign the wrong one? Why didn't we sign Grant on loan, Ugbo on loan or Stansfield on loan? Did we sign and failed? all questions I would like to asked GB and JDT if I ever got the chance to do so

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't agree as they were several strikers we could have signed instead of signing 2 strikers like we did, just sign quality one. We could have sign Ryan Hardie last summer as he was out of contract similar to Ennis. Maybe we sign the wrong one? Why didn't we sign Grant on loan, Ugbo on loan or Stansfield on loan? Did we sign and failed? all questions I would like to asked GB and JDT if I ever got the chance to do so

The blame all piled on the 2 people who couldnt do wrong when here...

• Like 6

At the time of writing, there are only 24 days until they face Derby County at Ewood Park.

Eustace has repeatedly said that he wants 'four or five quality players' to improve his current squad. Where fans may have been critical before of a perceived lack of ambition in the head coach's messaging, he has been positively clear about the need to strengthen the squad.

Just read the above..

A certain S kean used to talk absolute BS about rovers transfer plans too 

Edited by NeilInBristol
Typo
  • Like 1

I am increasingly thinking we’ve not got a new first team player in before the season starts. Vale and Gent returns are not counting towards that, neither is Travis.

Unless I was a fan of the club, I’d be getting my agent onto any kind of move away. Some embarrassing results incoming if we lose Szmodics and don’t bring anyone in.

• Like 1

Nixon on the Rovers insider account 

Nixon makes a fair point cos that twitter account isn't actually cos we have spoken to Krul and Cooper and offer them contracts. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

This is just about the only thing we have going for us and would explain where we are. They don’t want to put a penny more in until August is decided. So they’re likely to fully shaft us of further investment during a protracted sale process, meaning whoever comes in either ploughs in huge sums in January (if we’re lucky) to save the season or starts planning for League One.

Waggott and Suhail shouldn’t be able to walk freely in or around Ewood.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

I am increasingly thinking we’ve not got a new first team player in before the season starts. Vale and Gent returns are not counting towards that, neither is Travis.

Unless I was a fan of the club, I’d be getting my agent onto any kind of move away. Some embarrassing results incoming if we lose Szmodics and don’t bring anyone in.

That will be when not if.

As you say, anyone who has self respect or isn't absolutely desperate will avoid this place at all costs.

• Like 1

We probably have spoken to Cooper et al’s representatives as Nixon implies. However I don’t see why he finds it so funny; we then clearly offer them such a derogatory amount / shit terms, which means they won’t touch us with a barge pole. 

This summer really is shaping up to be a cracker. 

Edited by G Somerset Rover
  • Like 5

(Hopefully) It is coming out into the open and more and more are seeing what is happening to our great club.

This can only be good for us and as more pressure builds, Waggott and co will be put under the spotlight. 

Is the tide turning?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

This is a very good point I don't believe anyone has considered. And I don't think it's a simple hearing, as it has already been postponed twice, and I'm sure one time it was mentioned it was due to the complexity of the case or more information being needed or something. The other time I think they said it was due to the court having a backlog of cases and no time to hear it.

I'm working with criminal law in Norway (economic crime) , and I can not remember cases being concluded in writing in one day. More difficult criminal cases takes atleast a few days in court, then usually 1- 4 weeks to write. Two weeks in court takes 5-8 weeks to write (20-50 pages).

*I have no idea what kind of hearing this is though* If it is only about the question of letting Venkys fund Rovers one time perhaps it will all be done in a day 🙂 

Hopefully Venkys will get a green light to transfer money to Rovers before deadline day.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Random one but I wouldn’t be too surprised to see Pears go the Derrick Williams route and head stateside at some point.

Think his Mrs lives or is from LA and he looked like he spent his summer there, could see him looking to get a move in the future.

Not that it would be a huge issue we’d just backfill with Rochdale’s reserve under 21 

3 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

(Hopefully) It is coming out into the open and more and more are seeing what is happening to our great club.

This can only be good for us and as more pressure builds, Waggott and co will be put under the spotlight. 

Is the tide turning?

Is Jim White still "coming for you Venky's"?

No one outside of Rovers gives a toss about us I'm afraid.

Even if we go into Administration it would just be a small piece about how sad it is and how badly we've been run but then onto the really important football news like who Man City are signing for a £100m.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nixon on the Rovers insider account 

Nixon makes a fair point cos that twitter account isn't actually cos we have spoken to Krul and Cooper and offer them contracts. 

I think I’m with Nixon on this one. Said a week or so ago that Rover Insider seems to have an agenda.

1 hour ago, NeilInBristol said:

At the time of writing, there are only 24 days until they face Derby County at Ewood Park.

Eustace has repeatedly said that he wants 'four or five quality players' to improve his current squad. Where fans may have been critical before of a perceived lack of ambition in the head coach's messaging, he has been positively clear about the need to strengthen the squad.

Just read the above..

A certain S kean used to talk absolute BS about rovers transfer plans too 

How is Eustace talking bullshit by saying the squad needs new signings?

• Like 2

I have never understood why that Rovers Insider page is seemingly seen as on the money. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

sadly, I can look back say things they got wrong, I mentioned these players last summer actually 

Nothing to do with the budget restrictions/limitations including not allowing players over a certain age more than a years deal and not being able to even bring in a loan despite letting Buckley go out?

Could they have recruited better? Yes but like with the current set up theyll find it practically impossible under such restrictions.

You always turn on people and freely criticise as soon as they are no longer employed by the club.