BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

7 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

If we are self-funding it can only be a matter of time before the club goes under, because in that scenario we are not a going concern. Worse still, self-funding means there would probably be an exodus of players who see the writing on the wall (well, at least the ones who can read) and are well enough connected to blag a switch to a rival for a buttons fee and a slice of humble pie.

I'll believe it when it actually becomes a reality - still all speculation, hot air and piss from folk who, like the rest of us, are in the dark about the reality.

Up-side? Well, the Steven Waggott can't last long as the biggest number on the P&L I would guess.

FWAGGIT OUT!

FWENKIES OUT!
FANS OUT!

I suspect, Waggott will have gone before the first home of the season....

13 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Regarding administration, a cursory glance around the 'net gives examples were numerous employees have been sacked, bills never settled and youth systems undermined.  Why we would be any different, I'm yet to hear.

Administrators don’t sack people they make them redundant.

An important distinction as it changes what payments they’re entitled to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Sadly there'll probably already be an internal investigation into it. People were sacked last season for leaking pictures of the kit amongst other reasons. It's a fucking vile place to work now by all accounts after being a well run family club.

There is no way this person will be sacked.

Sack the person and end up at an employment tribunal where the whole alleged crock of sh1te will be revealed!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Lots of crypticness as ever, who is it then rather than weirdly taking credit as if you are bang on when you havent actually said anything.

He/she said earlier in the summer that we have money to spend.

Its clearly another attention seeker. We clearly dont have any money and there are lots of justified worries, but nothing this account says rubber stamps that.

Think I was proven right about Broughton and you hate it!  Seems like he was in limbo / effectively on garden leave from late Jan onwards and I would suggest the reason he didn't go through the exit door then was because we didn't have the money to do it!

I posted my views about 'Insider' and I think they will be proven right.

You don't half talk some sh1te.  What am I taking credit for?  You say I "haven't actually said anything" - well that's feckin nonsense as I've posted my views!

Assuming I have an idea of whom the person may be - are you so naive to think I would openly post it on this MB given all the obvious sensitivities!? 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

All this doom and gloom bullshit, venkys out waggot out etc. We need to get behind the team with what we've got and stay in the Championship next season till better times come along.

Get behind the lads ffs

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

What’s the context to this?

Just seen that this tweet has been deleted. There’s a debate on X (Twitter) that Liam Cooper is in the video for the away kit.

The discussion compared Tronstad, Pears and Coopers ears to show that it’s actually Cooper (it’s not).

I think we could really do with a new signing 😂 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

Nobody would be shedding tears for executives and shadow lurking middlemen being dumped on the dole i'm sure.

What Paul is not seeing is that usually in event of admin it's the suits and higher earners who get the boot and the football club keeps on functioning and playing meaning everyone else keeps their jobs whilst a rescue package is found.

Very odd this fictional scenario of innocent staff members all being shoved out the door the min the admin guys come in.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

All this doom and gloom bullshit, venkys out waggot out etc. We need to get behind the team with what we've got and stay in the Championship next season till better times come along.

We do.

2 hours ago, rovers11 said:

Technically he is right. Venky's do have the money to fund us but they now have to pay a % to the Indian government on top of whatever money they send to the club. They don't want to do that so we are now self-funding.

There is literally no point in having them as owners now. The only thing they did do was cover our losses each year, they won't even do that now. 

From their point of view there is no reason to keep Rovers. So why do they?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Regarding administration, a cursory glance around the 'net gives examples were numerous employees have been sacked, bills never settled and youth systems undermined.  Why we would be any different, I'm yet to hear.

Isn't the whole point of administration to save jobs and find potential buyers to allow a company/football club to recover from a difficult situation ? Not sure what your argument is.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

People are discussing their concerns on an internet messageboard, its totally valid and seperate from backing the players in the ground.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Think I was proven right about Broughton and you hate it!  Seems like he was in limbo / effectively on garden leave from late Jan onwards and I would suggest the reason he didn't go through the exit door then was because we didn't have the money to do it!

I posted my views about 'Insider' and I think they will be proven right.

You don't half talk some sh1te.  What am I taking credit for?  You say I "haven't actually said anything" - well that's feckin nonsense as I've posted my views!

Assuming I have an idea of whom the person may be - are you so naive to think I would openly post it on this MB given all the obvious sensitivities!? 

You wasnt right about Broughton. You did your usual cryptic nonsense a matter of days post window suggesting rather than saying that he had gone, I asked a few times for you to confirm what you implied and was repeatedly ignored. He then did interviews month later outling transfer plans/recommendations.

His exit may have always been on the wall  and most could have predicted it but you wasnt correct when you said it.

You also havent said anything of any substance here. Everything you say is really vague then you can try and take credit for things when they eventually happen. If you know specifically who is behind this then even if genuinely you cant say for confidential reasons, saying " a disaffected individual" is so vague that you can not then say you knew who it is was should the source ever come out (unlikely) you can't then justify an I told you so reaction.

And besides, this twitter account also suggested that we would have money to spend so you are essentially trying to take credit for "knowing" who is behind a random anonymous twitter account with a mixed track record.

We all know the public details, the owners have stopped funding, budgets have been slashed over the last year, there is a well publicised court case next month and we are the only Championship side not to have made a signing so it doesnt take a genius to realise that we are not in a great state. Its ok not to know any more than that, anything around that is intepretations and you dont need to try and claim that you have an inside scoop beyond any of that.

All this "there is more to come but I cant say anything as its sensitive" rubbish, I dont really see what it adds. Even if you do know loads more, if you cant actually say what it is then theres no way that you can try and act like you do know more because you cant quantify it. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 47er said:

I know a couple of people who have sold businesses. We're talking around 1-2 million max for the lot, nothing on the scale of a multi million pound football club.

It's a really thorough process, every bit of financial information is needed. Every invoice or docket that you signed without thinking about, it all needs to be handed over and presented.

They've sold the house now so why not the club? Skeletons in the closet perhaps?

I'm not saying it's a certainty but it's likely one of the reasons.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 47er said:

I have always held the view, that they have something to hide, as that’s the only thing that makes sense.

Its a bit like not wanting to sell your house, as you know you bumped your wife off and buried her under the patio and say she ran off and started a new life.

There is something buried in the past and they are scared it will come out, during due diligence, if they sell.

Its only my opinion and of course it may not be a valid one. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You wasnt right about Broughton. You did your usual cryptic nonsense a matter of days post window suggesting rather than saying that he had gone, I asked a few times for you to confirm what you implied and was repeatedly ignored. He then did interviews month later outling transfer plans/recommendations.  He was still on the Rovers' payroll and therefore HAD NOT gone at that stage but effectively was on gardening leave (who appointed Eustace, who signed Fadz & Fleck!?).  My understanding is the reason he didn't go back then was down to funds, or lack of them.  As regards Broughton outlining transfer plans / recommendations - I suggest to you it was all window dressing from an individual who knew he wouldn't be around to execute.

His exit may have always been on the wall  and most could have predicted it but you wasnt correct when you said it.  Yes I think I was and all the evidence suggests that.

You also havent said anything of any substance here. Everything you say is really vague then you can try and take credit for things when they eventually happen. If you know specifically who is behind this then even if genuinely you cant say for confidential reasons, saying " a disaffected individual" is so vague that you can not then say you knew who it is was should the source ever come out (unlikely) you can't then justify an I told you so reaction.  I have posted my views on the individual including it was NOT an ex employee contrary to what Nixon stated.  That's all I have done, nothing more, nothing less.

And besides, this twitter account also suggested that we would have money to spend so you are essentially trying to take credit for "knowing" who is behind a random anonymous twitter account with a mixed track record.  I said I have an idea who it is and don't claim to 'know' - it stops there for obvious reasons.

We all know the public details, the owners have stopped funding, budgets have been slashed over the last year, there is a well publicised court case next month and we are the only Championship side not to have made a signing so it doesnt take a genius to realise that we are not in a great state. Its ok not to know any more than that, anything around that is intepretations and you dont need to try and claim that you have an inside scoop beyond any of that.  I don't and I haven't - get your facts right.

All this "there is more to come" but I cant say anything as its sensitive" rubbish, I dont really see what it adds. Even if you do know loads more, if you cant actually say what it is then theres no way that you can try and act like you do know more because you cant quantify it.  Firstly, read properly and get your FACTS RIGHT.  Think it's clear from my posting and my other postings about Insider that I felt there is more to come from the Insider in the fullness of time and NOT FROM ME.

This is a message board where members post their views and opinions.  If you don't like mine then put me on ignore.  You clearly have an agenda about me as a poster but if you want to challenge my posts then I would suggest you firstly read my posts properly and ensure you both understand the content and you have your facts right before you start to throw your shite around.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

You are indeed correct, although redundancy payments in these situations are less than generous.

7 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

Isn't the whole point of administration to save jobs and find potential buyers to allow a company/football club to recover from a difficult situation ? Not sure what your argument is.

75 staff were made redundant at Wigan, 25 (at least) at Derby, similar at Huddersfield.