BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

25 minutes ago, Mercer said:

This is a message board where members post their views and opinions.  If you don't like mine then put me on ignore.  You clearly have an agenda about me as a poster but if you want to challenge me then I would suggest you read my posts properly, understand and ensure you have your facts right before throwing your shite around.

Remind him that it was you that broke the Jordan Rhodes incoming transfer on here

That will settle any doubts he has over the truthfulness of your posts.Doesnt he know you have contacts or ex colleagues that know the inner workings of every club in the football league 

• Like 1

Not sure of Paul’s point. Is administration ideal? Of course not from an employee or indeed a football point of view when it comes to point deductions, a potential relegation becoming a definite one etc. That’s before you even get to what would happen to Brockhall etc etc.

However, as this lot won’t ever sell from where I can see. A court edict forcing their hand is the only end game I foresee (though I doubt it will be any time soon, August will come and go and we’ll stagger on with the Sammie and Raya money paying the bills). If admin doesn’t come around this club will end up in the fourth division, maybe the NL, and how many staff will be in a job then?

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

You are indeed correct, although redundancy payments in these situations are less than generous.

You’d miss out on any enhanced  payments your contract allowed for but you’d be entitled to all statutory payments (both notice and redundancy).

Edited by wilsdenrover

44 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

75 staff were made redundant at Wigan, 25 (at least) at Derby, similar at Huddersfield.  

In the financial period 2019/20 (just before those redundancies were announced) they had (on average) 221 employees

In the 2022/23 financial period Wigan employed (on average) 286

It would appear the short term (and clearly painful to those affected) hit has led to more opportunities of employment now. 

By way of comparison our employment figures for the same period are fairly stagnant…

19/20 225 (average)

22/23   221 (average)

• Like 2

This club if it thought it could get away with it would probably implement a digital only ticket sales platform.

How many would lose full and part time jobs then ?

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Remind him that it was you that broke the Jordan Rhodes incoming transfer on here

That will settle any doubts he has over the truthfulness of your posts.Doesnt he know you have contacts or ex colleagues that know the inner workings of every club in the football league 

After decades as a practising accountant, it should hardly be surprising that I have built up a wide range of colleagues, clients and contacts across many walks of life.  Is that too difficult for you to understand?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

After decades as a practising accountant, it should hardly be surprising that I have built up a wide range of colleagues, clients and contacts across many walks of life.  Is that too difficult for you to understand?

No it isn't difficult to understand you make shit up.

How many summers in a row did your contacts tell you it was the tipping point for Venkys ownership of the club?

You and your contacts also sold Jordan Rhodes more times than Nixon.

Oh and it was Glen Mullan who broke the Rhodes signing on here.Not you.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

How many summers in a row did your contacts tell you it was the tipping point for Venkys ownership of the club?

Be fair. He did break the news that Duncan Ferguson would be appointed manager.

• Like 9

So here's a thought..

I've been wondering why Suhail and SW would want to tell the owners that they don't need to spend their own money. If this is really the case, why?

Then it dawned on me. Say you're in a cushy job, a job you're worried you won't get elsewhere and then you realise it seems the owners no longer want to put any more money in, they're thinking about letting it go. What do you do? You go and tell them you no longer need to worry about the club, we've got it covered, we'll be self sufficient, you don't have to put any more money in. You do whatever you can to convince them to keep the business.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

Deleted from where? 

I sent a question on Facebook to ask the club, as requested by Jackson.  They deleted the question I asked. 😂 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, KentExile said:

What was the question?

Asked him to asked the owners, was it money laundering or declined management by the owners? 

Edited by Moptop1
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, bb1rover said:

So here's a thought..

I've been wondering why Suhail and SW would want to tell the owners that they don't need to spend their own money. If this is really the case, why?

Then it dawned on me. Say you're in a cushy job, a job you're worried you won't get elsewhere and then you realise it seems the owners no longer want to put any more money in, they're thinking about letting it go. What do you do? You go and tell them you no longer need to worry about the club, we've got it covered, we'll be self sufficient, you don't have to put any more money in. You do whatever you can to convince them to keep the business.

The problem is that the club isn't self sufficient. So what do they do when it becomes apparent ?

3 hours ago, scotchrover said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24461091.blackburn-rovers-gambling-volatile-market-timer-ticks/

Interesting article showing how poor of a situation we find ourselves in, because of our board and owners. 

There is an element in this article of some people seeming to be belatedly waking up to what many could already see. But it is still a confusing/confused read, seeming to flit between calling out the unfolding calamity of this transfer window, and maintaining that the first 11 is strong, which is patently not true in several areas. There seems to be an underlying attitude in the writing that survival in the Championship should be all that is being aimed for, and is possibly achievable. This just isn't good enough and look what that unambitious attitude (from our CEO) led us into last season. Ultimately, I find it really difficult to put much stock in an article that is poorly written to the extent of clearly miswording key aspects around the non-first team signings so far, etc. A step in the right direction from the local media but still leaves a lot to be desired in terms of clarity, accuracy and consistency of opinion and coverage.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

The problem is that the club isn't self sufficient. So what do they do when it becomes apparent ?

Make it self sufficient or as near as possible to it by reducing the club down to a level more in keeping with an amount the owners are comfortable putting in and to where people like Waggott are more comfortable- Leagues One and Two.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I would suggest you put me on ignore if you think all I do is make up sh1t.

As for Rhodes, I posted on here the Rhodes' deal was done hours before it was reported in ANY media including this MB.  That is information I got from someone at the Huddersfield end.  If you have nothing better to do and you can access the MB's archives then take a look and it will be quite evident.

Similarly, a few years ago, I posted about a group of investors approaching Venky's about a deal not dissimilar to the one Ratcliffe has done with United.  Just a few days later, it emerged in the local media that Battersby and his investors wanted to take a stake and assume some operational control.  Sadly, we know Venky's rejected.

I don't need to justify myself to anyone on this MB but I do not "make up shit". If you had even a modicum of understanding about the football industry you would know just how volatile it is and how so very, very few of the things muted in the media come to fruition.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

As for Rhodes, I posted on here the Rhodes' deal was done hours before it was reported in ANY media including this MB.  That is information I got from someone at the Huddersfield end.  If you have nothing better to do and you can access the MB's archives then take a look and it will be quite evident.

Similarly, a few years ago, I posted about a group of investors approaching Venky's about a deal not dissimilar to the one Ratcliffe has done with United.  Just a few days later, it emerged in the local media that Battersby and his investors wanted to take a stake and assume some operational control.  Sadly, we know Venky's rejected.

I don't need to justify myself to anyone on this MB but I do not "make up shit". If you had even a modicum of understanding about the football industry you would know just how volatile it is and how so very, very few of the things muted in the media come to fruition.

You're also right about some people looking to buy Rovers currently with some people having initiated intermediaries to look into the prospect of buying us.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Mate you have been wrong multiple times.

Even the Armstrong deal you were on here proclaiming one of your contacts had given you the low down on the ins and outs of the deal before the ink had even dried on his contract.What your "contact" claimed turned out to be bullshit anyway like most the stuff your sources tell you .

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Mate you have been wrong multiple times.

As have others on here, as has Nixon, as has the media football press and as have the bookies!

In my last post, outlined two 'bigger things' where I was right and there have been others.

What have you ever posted of interest?

It's easy to knock some contributors but unless you can bring something to the party yourself then perhaps best to stay quiet!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

In the financial period 2019/20 (just before those redundancies were announced) they had (on average) 221 employees

In the 2022/23 financial period Wigan employed (on average) 286

It would appear the short term (and clearly painful to those affected) hit has led to more opportunities of employment now. 

By way of comparison our employment figures for the same period are fairly stagnant…

19/20 225 (average)

22/23   221 (average)

We don't know if these are like-for-like roles, so a head count if only one measure.  It also ignores the human cost of administration to many families in the area.  It's important that this issues are discussed in good faith and honestly and in the right spirit.   A sale to another owner (which may also include job loses of course) is all our preferences.  Administration is in no-ones interest.

19 minutes ago, Mercer said:

As have others on here, as has Nixon, as has the media football press and as have the bookies!

In my last post, outlined two 'bigger things' where I was right and there have been others.

What have you ever posted of interest?

It's easy to knock some contributors but unless you can bring something to the party yourself then perhaps best to stay quiet!

Its an internet messageboard where people share opinions. Its not a ranking system where people's contributions are judged based on accurate ITK information.

Your track record is shocking and the majority of your "information" is beyond cryptic and the actual supposed information is covered by not actually being able to say what it is for confidential reasons. So even if you do know stuff, which I doubt, then its worthless if you cant actually say it.

But equally, you dont have to know anything insider to justify your place here. Just be comfortable knowing that you know nothing more than the rest of us and its just as valid to be here sharing your opinions like the rest of us.

• Like 3