BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Mercer said:

I would suggest you put me on ignore if you think all I do is make up sh1t.

As for Rhodes, I posted on here the Rhodes' deal was done hours before it was reported in ANY media including this MB.  That is information I got from someone at the Huddersfield end.  If you have nothing better to do and you can access the MB's archives then take a look and it will be quite evident.

Similarly, a few years ago, I posted about a group of investors approaching Venky's about a deal not dissimilar to the one Ratcliffe has done with United.  Just a few days later, it emerged in the local media that Battersby and his investors wanted to take a stake and assume some operational control.  Sadly, we know Venky's rejected.

I don't need to justify myself to anyone on this MB but I do not "make up shit". If you had even a modicum of understanding about the football industry you would know just how volatile it is and how so very, very few of the things muted in the media come to fruition.

Correct, but you also had Rhodes for sale every subsequent window post-arrival 😉

In fairness the only thing you did that ever annoyed me was ‘Coyley’. Whether I believed your info or not, I found it interesting to read.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, phili said:

To be honest administration might be a lot preferable speed wise.

If I was buying us I would do the deepest and most in-depth due diligence process I have ever done on a company and that would likely take 6 months.

Buying it from the administrators there is normally a time limit and you can include indemnities etc .

I would say as a buyer I would want to do a deal with the administrators and at least they will respond back.

It would be the best and some would say only way to move on from this ownership.

Even if they announced now we are going up for sale it will end up being a long painful cock up ridden process that would probably end up with us in the hands of another crazy clueless owner with less brass.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

According to Jackson - it's Waggott - so expect 5 year deals for 35 year olds.

Letting million pound players leave for frees.

Probably why deals are not getting done. Negotiating with that crook, one look in to his eyes and you would feel ripped off

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

According to Jackson - it's Waggott - so expect 5 year deals for 35 year olds.

Letting million pound players leave for frees.

It will be the owners who are limiting the length of deals like they did with Batth, removing any chance of getting those players.

They also rejected bids and wouldnt sell the 2 players whose contracts were running down that had value in Rothwell and Brereton. Unsure if we had interest in Lenihan.

15 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

Can we also address something that’s going under the radar, Cooper is fucking shit. I live in Leeds and they are literally laughing at us for signing him.

You might be right. Then again, it doesn’t mean he’ll be shit here. 

Fans also talk shite sometimes, especially about players leaving their club.

25 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

cooper is going to end up elsewhere is`nt he,negotiations with rovers take glacial amounts of time for what i imagine are lots of reasons

I'm amazed he's not already moved on. 

• Like 1

As regards the transfer thread, we once pinned a topic for “links”. No discussion, just links.

for those people who don’t want to crawl endlessly through all this - could bringing back that topic help?

• Like 2

Seems like it’s the wage rather than the length of deal that is the stumbling block with Cooper according to the LT.

Jackson is quite specific about the details so it’s obvious someone at the club has been on to him. Which is interesting considering what Rover Insider wrote yesterday about these proposed transfer deals all being smokescreens and we aren’t signing any of them. 

It’s a PR war!

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 3

No idea why people are getting excited about Cooper, whether he signs or not. Leeds fans call him “League One Liam” because that’s his standard. 

• Like 4

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, den said:

As regards the transfer thread, we once pinned a topic for “links”. No discussion, just links.

for those people who don’t want to crawl endlessly through all this - could bringing back that topic help?

Go for it.

They simply cannot commit to anything longer than when the transfer instalments will eventually run out circa 12 months, bit longer if Sammie goes.

That is the top and bottom of it when it comes to first team players.

If/once the owners get approval the funding will be drastically reduced which means they'll cover kids wages but not senior pros unless we magic more multi million sales.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Seems like it’s the wage rather than the length of deal that is the stumbling block with Cooper according to the LT.

Jackson is quite specific about the details so it’s obvious someone at the club has been on to him. Which is interesting considering what Rover Insider wrote yesterday about these proposed transfer deals all being smokescreens and we aren’t signing any of them. 

It’s a PR war!

Who will achieve the Pyrrhic victory?

18 hours ago, rovers11 said:

Technically he is right. Venky's do have the money to fund us but they now have to pay a % to the Indian government on top of whatever money they send to the club. They don't want to do that so we are now self-funding.

There is literally no point in having them as owners now. The only thing they did do was cover our losses each year, they won't even do that now. 

Actually LT is wrong , from what i understand ...the authorities want a 1-1 guarantee of bond that the monies going over is for the club and to show records of it , what is failed to mention monies coming over are through facilities from the bank(i think SBI) and the bond courts asking is Vs personal monies ...so when Vs own monies it's like blood to them and banks monies is like tomato ketchup ...

this is my understanding