BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

On 20/07/2024 at 09:41, FE123 said:

Why are the club allegedly enquiring about McLaughlin, Engelhardt, Dykes, Paik etc.

Is it just club generated rumours as a smoke screen or are the club either aware of an impending exit or planning for life after 20th August? Strange behaviour either way.

Don’t think many genuine supporters would stop supporting the club if they showed some honesty, shed light on our difficult financial situation as a result of ownership issues and told us of cut backs and no sign of investment.

I’m sure Waggott will be preparing a statement or doing an interview imminently to clear up any confusion. As CEO he will realise that he is paid to be accountable and front up. I can’t for one minute imagine Steve will be hiding from the fans/media.

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I’m sure Waggott will be preparing a statement or doing an interview imminently to clear up any confusion. As CEO he will realise that he is paid to be accountable and front up. I can’t for one minute imagine Steve will be hiding from the fans/media like a fucking coward. 

I presume he knows that any statement that reflects negatively on Venky’s would immediately cost him his job

10 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Why anybody would be sad enough to sign up to shit like that... 🤯🤯

You don't even need to sign up, some other hack reporter usually just copiescand pastes his waffle not long after he posts it

Thankfully there's no one on this site so stupid to do such a thing....is there? 🤔

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Nixon’s got another story for us tomorrow. Subscribe now to find out who else we won’t be signing. 

‘Blackburn are speaking with X’

’Issue over terms and length of deal’

’Probably won’t get done but could. Come back next week for more of the same’.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Who said the statement had to be critical of the owners? 

If he talks about Rovers, He has 2 options, he either lies, or his comment will reflect negatively on Venkys.  I suppose he could give us all a run down of the Steve Waggott diet and exercise routine or his go to life hacks for 2024

Edited by KentExile

carlsburg moment...

no signings, no wins , lose case , bottom of league , no wins by October...maybe just maybe the media and powers that be may just wake up and put pressure on the roaches in Blackburn and pune.

shit ..dropped me carlsburg.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, KentExile said:

If he talks about Rovers, He has 2 options, he either lies, or his comment will reflect negatively on Venkys.  I suppose he could give us all a run down of the Steve Waggott diet and exercise routine

I’d like confirmation he doesn’t dye his hair. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, USABlue said:

But one has to have a good group at the helm.  What is the good if Admin if at the end of the day the chickeneers are still our owners.  They have to go, they hate us fans and are punishing us for our indiscretions.  Not kissing their collective arses, throwing Snowballs, calling them names, calling them out.  How dare us peasants do this.  Well they are showing us now.  Get rid of this cancer on our club.  Please.

That’s why I said ‘can be’ rather than ‘is’

I know we shouldn’t be looking at other clubs business but it’s mad that Birmingham have just paid £4m for a player to play in the third tier of English football. He was going to be playing in Europe at his previous club.

How are they getting around the profit and loss rules? I’m sure 17k season ticket sales helps but surely it’s not going to be enough to offset the losses from last season.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ricky said:

I know we shouldn’t be looking at other clubs business but it’s mad that Birmingham have just paid £4m for a player to play in the third tier of English football. He was going to be playing in Europe at his previous club.

How are they getting around the profit and loss rules? I’m sure 17k season ticket sales helps but surely it’s not going to be enough to offset the losses from last season.

Essentially because their owner wants to invest. Where there is a will there is a way. Hull have done similar in recent seasons.

Can always sell a player to address it if there's an issue down the line but will probably be promoted by that point so worth it.

Others just want to use the rules as a convenient excuse to reduce spending, only when you bring in £30 million from sales and spend less than £1 million even those previously taken in by it will be finding it hard to believe.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Whilst not tied into the Arijanet Muric deal financially, Hladky was a 'makeweight' in the deal between Ipswich and dingles. Premiership Ipswich had offered him a new 1yr deal, which of course puts him way out of our reach financially. 

My pal is a ST holder at Portman Road and his understanding is that there was no deal on offer for Hladky, he was released at end of contract. He also said that he was very surprised as said he was a bloody good keeper and one of main reasons they got promoted !

Edited by Penwortham Blue

2 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

My pal is a ST holder at Portman Road and his understanding is that there was no deal on offer for Hladky, he was released at end of contract.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/24421464.ipswich-town-vaclav-hladky-exits-turning-new-deal/

Not saying your friend is wrong, but that is not what has been reported by Ipswich's local news.  That being said, their local rag may be just as useless as ours

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ricky said:

They’ve spent about £8m this summer without selling anyone. That’s ambitious owners for you.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KentExile said:

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/24421464.ipswich-town-vaclav-hladky-exits-turning-new-deal/

Not saying your friend is wrong, but that is not what has been reported by Ipswich's local news.  That being said, their local rag may be just as useless as ours

It looks like he was wrong as I am sure the Evening Star reporter is more on the ball than Elliott J.

27 minutes ago, Ricky said:

6 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

They’ve spent about £8m this summer without selling anyone. That’s ambitious owners for you.

Different rules in League one and two than teh Championship.  Pretty sure Rovers benefitted from them (to a lesser extent) when we were in the third tier

https://www.efl.com/governance/financial-regulation/

Financial Fair Play

The CFRU has remit over all the EFL’s Financial Fair Play Rules which are different depending on which Division a Club is in:

Championship Clubs follow Profitability and Sustainability (“P&S”) Rules which dictate what losses Clubs are permitted to incur over a rolling three-year period.

League One and League Two Clubs follow the Salary Cost Management Protocol (“SCMP”) These state that Clubs can only spend a fixed percentage of its revenue on player wages etc. This limit can also be added to or impacted by equity injections or net transfer spend.

Putting it very simply, Championship spending is based on profit/loss, League 1& 2 is based on revenue and ignores profit & loss

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, roverandout said:

What odds will i get for rovers to be relegated 

Skybet or Betway both offer 11/2 - snap their hands off.

• Like 1