BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

That's the spirit Mani lad....party while Ewood burns!

He has already practically admitted he is more invested in his local u10s.

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We were linked with Lewis Baker from Stoke and Nicko did mention about a player swap. Come back who I think we might swap and why later in my post. He did mention Batth as example of someone we might look at if Cooper deal doesn't matter. Also he mentioned we have look into the possible signing Rodak but his terms are too high as those dingles even look at signing him and walk away cos of his wages demands and terms. 

So Its clear to see what types of signings Eustace wants him, So using what Nicko is reporting I wouldn't be surprise to see probably swap deal including Buckley for Baker and also looking at How Eustace does play with 2 defensive midfielders/box to box midfielders not a midfield playmaker in his centre midfield pairing. JRC has played wide right in 4-2-3-1 formation in all 3 pre season games so far this summer. 

Cooper deal hold up seems to be over length of contract not wages demands but he wants a 2 year contracts from what has been reported by Nicko and Jackson

So I can see us signing Begovic as new number 1 on a year contract(wouldn't be my choice btw), I can see us signing McLoughlin for 500k from Hull on 3 year contract, Dykes on permanent on 3 years contract, Baker swap deal would if Buckley doesn't fit his tactical approach then fine, a winger on loan, another striker on loan, Batth on 1 year deal, centre midfielder on loan. But Gallagher is sold to fund the Dykes deal, Buckley leaves in a swap with Baker. 

exactly Paul, Totally agree there

100% correct, Fair too many people over reacted when a deal doesn't happen. people get told someone is close to signing for us but then the deal doesn't happen and that person is wrongly moaned and whinge about

Thanks for sharing that info

If we signed all them (we wont) would we stay up?

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So I can see us signing Begovic as new number 1 on a year contract(wouldn't be my choice btw), I can see us signing McLoughlin for 500k from Hull on 3 year contract, Dykes on permanent on 3 years contract, Baker swap deal would if Buckley doesn't fit his tactical approach then fine, a winger on loan, another striker on loan, Batth on 1 year deal, centre midfielder on loan. But Gallagher is sold to fund the Dykes deal, Buckley leaves in a swap with Baker. 

Oh Chaddy.

This lot haven't got it in them to get that many deals over the line.

Also if anyone does go to fund someone like Dykes it will be Szmodics.

But out of those players you have mentioned, I'd wager none of them will happen.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Honestly, I don’t buy the conspiracy theories.

Why would we hire 3/4 people as heads of recruitment etc if we had no intention of signing anyone.

Whats clear is that we’re skint and self funding until Venkys agree to start funding us again.

I have a bit of insight into football transfers through friends who have played and now manage / coach in EFL. The picture changes hourly…eg - Rovers get an enquiry for SS at £8m and they want £10m. Thinking it might happen, they start putting enquiries out for a couple of fee costing signings and speak with the agents of (for example) Brannigan and Baker. Those agents then get excited and start contacting other clubs to get a bidding war going and it gets ‘leaked’….then the SS trail goes cold and we, looking from the outside label the media and ‘ITK’ers’ as liars…rinse, repeat!

That will happen sometimes but it doesnt mean that every rumour is correct. Some will just be bollocks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bazza said:

If we do sign someone will he be any good?

Do you remember us getting excited about Telalovic and Leo?

In fairness when Telalovic signed he came with a 9 second 100m sprint allegedly.  I was expecting the footballing Andy Green up front 

2 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

In fairness when Telalovic signed he came with a 9 second 100m sprint allegedly.  I was expecting the footballing Andy Green up front 

I thought that,  then realised someone said he was rabid, not rapid. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cooper deal hold up seems to be over length of contract not wages demands but he wants a 2 year contracts from what has been reported by Nicko and Jackson

Jackson hasn’t reported that. He’s reported that’s it’s due to how the pay is structured. 

The strategy has been clear for a while.  Sign cheap 'experienced' free journey men to pad out the first team. 

Take low cost punts on several young players and throw them into the first team after a few months in the under 21s.

If the young player is any good, he'll be sold to the first bidder. 

Aim is not to get relegated but they won't care if we do. 

its ok though because they reduced ST by £30 so what do people expect.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

The strategy has been clear for a while.  Sign cheap 'experienced' free journey men to pad out the first team. 

Take low cost punts on several young players and throw them into the first team after a few months in the under 21s.

Probably a more sustainable model than losing £20m per season as it was and going nowhere.

1 hour ago, sverrehh said:

How likely is it that the court reaches a a decision in writing on the 20th? Do we know the hearing is only one day?

Considering it's been delayed at least twice, I'm hoping very likely. Otherwise Rovers continue to limp along into oblivion. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

There's a strategy?

• Like 2

So we want Danny Batth.

Then we remove our director of football, change our first team coach, change our style of football and replace practically all of our recruitment team

And then we want Danny Batth.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, islander200 said:

Nixon said In his gossip that we could look to batth if (when) we can't agree a deal with cooper 

I thought Batth had signed a contract with Solihull Moors in non league? Surely we wouldn't pay them a transfer fee for him?

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

So we want Danny Batth.

Then we remove our director of football, change our first team coach, change our style of football and replace practically all of our recruitment team

And then we want Danny Batth.

He’s one of the great strategists is Stevie. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

batth is`nt coming here,take no notice of the lord of Bull**** nixon

Without giving Nixon much credit, Batth is without a club and doesn't seem in demand. It's an easy guess to connect the dots. I wouldn't be surprised if Rovers are interested. Free, decent player, injury prone, old. A perfect signing for skint, left to rot Rovers.

Edited by booth

1 minute ago, FE123 said:

Our last 2 managers have identified we are desperate for an experienced leader at centre half. Our club are clearly incapable of providing that for them

hyam should be taking that role,dodgy character though,more a soft lad than a leader,given we can`t agree a deal with mcfadzean,who recently played for us,it does`nt look good about signing anyone else

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sverrehh said:

How likely is it that the court reaches a a decision in writing on the 20th? Do we know the hearing is only one day?

I think, but am happy to be corrected,  the previous hearings had the judgments published on the same day.

I’m guessing the aim (as its only listed for that date) is for the hearing to be ‘done and dusted’ in one day - whether that ends up happening 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We were linked with Lewis Baker from Stoke and Nicko did mention about a player swap. Come back who I think we might swap and why later in my post. He did mention Batth as example of someone we might look at if Cooper deal doesn't matter. Also he mentioned we have look into the possible signing Rodak but his terms are too high as those dingles even look at signing him and walk away cos of his wages demands and terms. 

So Its clear to see what types of signings Eustace wants him, So using what Nicko is reporting I wouldn't be surprise to see probably swap deal including Buckley for Baker and also looking at How Eustace does play with 2 defensive midfielders/box to box midfielders not a midfield playmaker in his centre midfield pairing. JRC has played wide right in 4-2-3-1 formation in all 3 pre season games so far this summer. 

exactly Paul, Totally agree there

100% correct, Fair too many people over reacted when a deal doesn't happen. people get told someone is close to signing for us but then the deal doesn't happen and that person is wrongly moaned and whinge about

Thanks for sharing that info

Chaddy, this all makes good sense, it’s reasonable, budget-conscious, and appears to have a logical basis. 

We’ve simply become too cynical over time to believe our club is capable of doing this. 

• Like 1