BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Presumably though, if there was any intention at all to fund the team we'd have made some signings by now. You'd have hoped for example  that even if the Wharton money was needed at the time to keep the lights on then the Raya add on would have been a nice little bonus which was available. It can't be a deliberate policy to wait until right to the end of the window until everyone else has gone.

Presume & hope….in all honesty, we don’t know. That’s my point.

When Mowbray et Al were in position is was probably the most stability there had been under Venkys. I could see a plan then, just like I can see one now. It’s not based on emotion, it’s based on what I know to be true, evidence…which is why I’m clear that we are going through a strategic managed decline.

I can guess, though I don’t know the reason for it but the fact that budget has been cut year on year, added to selling the training ground and now cashing in on players with little or no reinvestment is proof of this process.

Contrary to opinion, I’m not basking in it or ‘dancing whilst Ewood burns’. I just refuse to melt down over stuff that I cannot impact.

General question, based on what Glen Mullan and some others went through….how many of those who supposedly care so much more than us ‘happy clappers’ are prepared to ACTUALLY do something about it? As in, protest? Stick your necks on the block?

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, J*B said:

…but this is an internet forum, the entire concept is based around discussion, speculation and rumour. 

Discussion, speculation and rumour - I’m really glad you clarified that Josh. Because my post was regarding the number of people who *believe they actually know what’s going on.

The most common reply to any transfer rumour in here is “That won’t happen…”

My whole point, is that Chaddy is ridiculed and mocked for his opinion, by people who act like they’re working with facts, when in reality, what Chaddy talks about is as likely to be true as anything they assume. In fact, bearing the number of people he speaks to, he’s probably one of the most well informed posters on here.

• Like 5
  • Downvote 4

51 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Discussion, speculation and rumour - I’m really glad you clarified that Josh. Because my post was regarding the number of people who *believe they actually know what’s going on.

My whole point, is that Chaddy is ridiculed and mocked for his opinion, by people who act like they’re working with facts, when in reality, what Chaddy talks about is as likely to be true as anything they assume. In fact, bearing the number of people he speaks to, he’s probably one of the most well informed posters on here.

Not to mention the fact he stays somewhat optimistic. I’d much rather spend 20 minutes in discussion with Chaddy than the majority of the doom & gloomers here.

You might be right, but I get tired of the hopelessness & pessimism. 

• Like 4
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Just not true is it

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Not to mention the fact he stays somewhat optimistic. I’d much rather spend 20 minutes in discussion with Chaddy than the majority of the doom & gloomers here.

You might be right, but I get tired of the hopelessness & pessimism. 

the club is f****d,soon it will be gone beyond repair,only glimpse of hope is the fact we might go into administration and start again,not much to get optimistic about is there?????

• Like 2

Another 3 club rule link, this time to John McAtee. He had a good year at Barnsley last season. Did someone a few pages back have some info that us and Preston had been in talks with someone from Barnsley? Only 24 might be a good cheap punt.

31 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

go on give us 10 reasons it's not doom and gloom. 

why are you a venky apologist ..genuine question

I’m not apologizing for them. I will give a shout when they sell the club. 
In the meantime, we have a club, and I get tired of reading the same crap over and over, about how rotten things are. 
we get it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

In the meantime, we have a club, and I get tired of reading the same crap over and over, about how rotten things are. 
we get it. 

Because more and more things come to light each week to reinforce how awfully the club is run. 

Where as its very very rare something genuinely positive occurs! and you're clutching at straws if the only positive you see is vague transfer rumours  from hacks that are 95% more likely not to happen than happen. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Another 3 club rule link, this time to John McAtee. He had a good year at Barnsley last season. Did someone a few pages back have some info that us and Preston had been in talks with someone from Barnsley? Only 24 might be a good cheap punt.

Plenty after him so we may struggle…One thing going for us is that he’s a gurateed starter and not sure he’d go to league 1 again…Would it be a loan? 

Edited by BankEnd Rover

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If we signed all them (we wont) would we stay up?

Of course we will!!!

Just like I said we would win at Leeds and Leicester plus stay up last season when most of the messageboard thought we were down and out. 

Eustace needs backing and we can achieve mid table finish. He is good coach and good man management of players. 

I have belief in my club and will continue to support my club through the good, bad and ugly times plus I am proud to be Rovers supporter and proud to more than open to this messageboard to say I am Season Ticket Holder and always will be. 

• Like 3
  • Downvote 4

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have belief in my club and will continue to support my club through the good, bad and ugly times plus I am proud to be Rovers supporter and proud to more than open to this messageboard to say I am Season Ticket Holder and always will be. 

Me too. I have belief, pride and will support Blackburn Rovers for ever more.

But as a diehard fan I think what’s going on an absolute disgrace I’m sure you’d agree.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Hasta said:

So we want Danny Batth.

Then we remove our director of football, change our first team coach, change our style of football and replace practically all of our recruitment team

And then we want Danny Batth.

I suspect this is Nixon taking the piss.

He appears to be cycling through the easy links again - Batth, Brannigan, there was another that I've forgotten.

Genuinely don't expect anyone of significance to join this summer. No chance for the likes of Cooper and Begovic, never mind some proper signings.

We've not been able to even get a 37 year old free transfer over the line; that should tell you everything.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

we get it. 

10 things ..waiting

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That’s fucking beautiful, man.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

But as a diehard fan I think what’s going on an absolute disgrace I’m sure you’d agree.

Yes of course as you already know Matty

5 minutes ago, Andy said:

I suspect this is Nixon taking the piss.

He appears to be cycling through the easy links again - Batth, Brannigan, there was another that I've forgotten.

Genuinely don't expect anyone of significance to join this summer. No chance for the likes of Cooper and Begovic, never mind some proper signings.

Nixon didn't link us to Brannigan actually but that was Pete O'Rourke from Football Insider. 

Nixon has linked us to looking/enquiring about Ruddy, Krul, Begovic, Rodak, Cooper, Batth, McLoughlin, Park, Rak-Saayi, Dykes and Cannon. 

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Was just a question about whether that set of players would suffice in giving us a decent chance of survival.

Eustace isnt being backed, thats the problem.

Didnt require the superfan propaganda.

No it's a patronising question. 

There is still 6 weeks of the transfer window left yet. Let's see what happens 

No it's wasn't about superfan propaganda but about open, honest, passionate and honest about supporting my club, being a season ticket holder(unlike yourself who refused to answer the STH question 3 times) and spending money on the club I love. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

sammie not playing yesterday was a massive indication of where he`s heading,it`s probably all arranged

That will probably depend on the outcome of the Court Hearing. If it goes against the Club he'll probably be shoved out of the door quicker than Wharton was.

Maybe the Club's thinking is we'll try and hang onto him if the Court ruling goes in their favour? 

Let's face it, if he goes and isn't replaced with a couple of decent players we could be looking at near record low points levels and there's no way that can be dressed up as anything other than catastrophic.

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Of course we will!!!

Just like I said we would win at Leeds and Leicester plus stay up last season when most of the messageboard thought we were down and out. 

Eustace needs backing and we can achieve mid table finish. He is good coach and good man management of players. 

Good one chaddy, many fans feel the same I’m sure. 

I can’t be as optimistic and as you sadly, I wish I could, but this sort of post and attitude should be applauded not rounded upon. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Plenty after him so we may struggle…One thing going for us is that he’s a gurateed starter and not sure he’d go to league 1 again…Would it be a loan? 

Think they are looking to sell. Wouldn’t be surprised if we stumped up some cash for a player like him, or agreed to dispose of some of Kaminski’s clauses as part of the deal. 

His wages will be fairly low, they are competing with League 1 clubs for him and Swag will know that Rovers could get their money back for him from a League 1 club if he struggles or sell him for a big fee if he has an average or good season.Far more likely than a Baker who they know they will get nothing back for.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

100%. I can get behind this statement! Bless you! 

10 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Will someone please give the chadbot a medal before he starts crying for gods sake. 

(no doubt this will get deleted as usual, but he 100% brings it on himself and as always it's blatantly clear he only posts guff like that to antagonise folk, as many that browse the whole forums know he's not as thick and childlike as he makes out he is in the football side of these forums, he knows full well what he's doing) 

I haven't met chaddy but I am fairly sure he is absolutely genuine in his love and support for the Club and believes what he posts at the time and absolutely does not post stuff with the intention of deliberately antagonising others.

That said when he posts things that fly in the face of all available evidence it's not surprising some other posters get irritated.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roverblue said:

Gonna be a horrible season ahead, regret renewing my season ticket already and we haven’t kicked a ball.

Got to be honest,what were you really expecting with the track record of these so-called owners?

Every Season we are let down.

• Like 3