BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

6 minutes ago, JBiz said:

On actual rumours, Someone in the local said we’d been linked to a French u21, and I might as well give up looking here! 

It was being discussed on here yesterday

19 year old striker from Nantes .Unleaded reckons initially for the under 21s

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Silas said:

Could always do a new thread. That is about 'transfer targets/rumours only'.

No court cases, 'we won't buy them', the club finances in general, transfer budget etc.

Just, here's a player we're linked to,.what do we know about them, would they be good in the team.

Just an idea. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I sometimes can't be bothered trawling through 5/6 pages to hear about rumours too. 

But then I can also understand the relevance and validity of the arguments made in those 5/6 pages. And they have a right to discuss/vent. 

P.S. I don't mean like the one that was links/rumours only. No discussion. I get the feeling sometimes posters want to chat about the players without.......well the rest of the circus. 

Deffo. Great idea and welcome it

3 minutes ago, Silas said:

No court cases, 'we won't buy them', the club finances in general, transfer budget etc.

Just, here's a player we're linked to,.what do we know about them, would they be good in the team.

Just an idea. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I sometimes can't be bothered trawling through 5/6 pages to hear about rumours too. 

But then I can also understand the relevance and validity of the arguments made in those 5/6 pages. And they have a right to discuss/vent. 

P.S. I don't mean like the one that was links/rumours only. No discussion. I get the feeling sometimes posters want to chat about the players without.......well the rest of the circus. 

If this post gets a significant amount of thumbs up we can trial it. Previously we’ve tried “links, but no discussion” and it never quite works. Perhaps “links and player discussion only”.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JBiz said:

I think we all agree, I just think you’ve missed the point a few others made, which goes along the lines that not every reader enjoys the same gang of posters posting their own dire conclusions in every active thread, every other day.

No matter how likely they are.

On actual rumours, Someone in the local said we’d been linked to a French u21, and I might as well give up looking here! 

15 minutes ago, islander200 said:

It was being discussed on here yesterday

19 year old striker from Nantes .Unleaded reckons initially for the under 21s

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2024/blackburn-set-to-sign-nantes-talent-exauce-mafoumbi-on-a-three-year-deal/

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/exauce-mafoumbi/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/1005289/plus/0?saison=&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

But surely finances are a key part of a discussion when it comes to signings, otherwise what’s the point in discussing player x’s attributes there’s not a chance we are paying a fee/his wages.

So the thread of course will end up going down the same road as this one.

Some of us just want to discuss transfer rumours without the posting about he ain't coming here, no chance, sort of comments or the court case about the 20th of August. Do we need to see that all the time and every single day

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

If this post gets a significant amount of thumbs up we can trial it. Previously we’ve tried “links, but no discussion” and it never quite works. Perhaps “links and player discussion only”.

I think Matty’s right, the discussion will always go down the finance rabbit hole. 

Links only is a good idea, as long as the links are also put in here for discussion as well as the links only thread. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Are you comfortable with that considering last season's showing?

I might yet be proven wrong, but I just can't see us signing one.

Whether I'm comfortable with it or not is a different matter. I'd certainly be more comfortable with it than a lot on here.

I think he's adequate, and being young for a keeper means there's room for improvement, look at Steele. 

I said weeks ago that if he starts as first choice it will be because Eustace wants him, same as Tomasson wanted him as first choice. 

A few had trouble accepting  Tomasson's decision, no doubt we'll see the same happen again if we don't sign anybody. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

But surely finances are a key part of a discussion when it comes to signings, otherwise what’s the point in discussing player x’s attributes there’s not a chance we are paying a fee/his wages.

Spot on

Otherwise we may as well all start discussing the pros and cons of signing Messi

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Silas said:

Just an idea. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ve asked for that in previous windows and to be honest it’s probably what works for me whilst reading other bits of the site on lurk mode.

Be nice if @unleaded can still post in that one too 😂 

• Like 1

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No doubt. Particularly for the die-hard fans that analyse every aspect of the club in minute detail.

But some just follow the club on a more surface level. 

Be honest,  I've done a Simpson's Grandpa gif on this thread a few times where I've walked in and straight back out.

It's depressing as hell, and that's our current reality, and no slight on those documenting it. But sometimes I just want idle gossip and potential fake news to chew on. No law against having your head in the clouds occasionally. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, J*B said:

I thought the old links thread with no discussion used to work well.  You could skim and see what the latest links were instantly. If you miss a couple of days you can catch up in seconds

Once you start adding discussion you can no longer just refer to it quickly . Therefore I think the financial side should be in the discussion. 

1 minute ago, Silas said:

No doubt. Particularly for the die-hard fans that analyse every aspect of the club in minute detail.

But some just follow the club on a more surface level. 

Be honest,  I've done a Simpson's Grandpa gif on this thread a few times where I've walked in and straight back out.

It's depressing as hell, and that's our current reality, and no slight on those documenting it. But sometimes I just want idle gossip and potential fake news to chew on. No law against having your head in the clouds occasionally. 

Even if you do just follow it at a surface level the discussion has to be grounded in some sort of reality surely? The reality being the budget we have (or don’t have).

So loans and the like, an actual possibility at the back end of the window you’d think, yeah they should be discussed on this thread without them being immediately poo-poohed .

But a discussion about the merits of a player that is obviously going to want far bigger wages than we can offer because, say, he’s also linked with parachute clubs, people want a fantasy thread where you can slot him in the side anyway without the negative Nellies raining on the parade?  

Err fair enough, set it up J*B 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

I know we signed one of the Irish youngsters we were looking after, but there was another wasn't there who scores loads of goals.  Has he signed? 

Jack Hastings? No not yet but we’ve had him on trial and he scored…Meant to be the real deal, but looks like other clubs are looking at him.

He certainly sounds like the kind of player that could turn into a gem - I'm sure Evan Ferguson (Brighton) followed a similar path in the Irish league.