BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 hours ago, J*B said:

If this post gets a significant amount of thumbs up we can trial it. Previously we’ve tried “links, but no discussion” and it never quite works. Perhaps “links and player discussion only”.

What measure have you used to decide it doesn't quite work?

4 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

I think Matty’s right, the discussion will always go down the finance rabbit hole. 

Links only is a good idea, as long as the links are also put in here for discussion as well as the links only thread. 

Links only with no comments allowed maybe?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Seems like there has been an upsurge in "negativity bashing" by those who suddenly seem keen to for some reason totally ignore the very critical fact that our terrible owners providing no budget is a huge reason as to why we have struggled and failed to bring anyone in.

As for Batth, a big thumbs down but it would sum everything up. Wanted him last summer after a successful season. Venkys moved the goalposts, deal fell through, went to Norwich where he struggled for game time even when they had numerous injuries in that position, we then get loads of new off the field staff. If we ended up desperately going back to him having been unable to get more preferable targets again due to budgetary issues, it would sum things up.

Baker wont happen, talk of fanciful swap deals aside.

We are well beyond the point of idle gossip. Our tiny squad lacks knowhow and is totally stripped of any excitement. We badly need pace and quality through the door in attack, beside Szmodics, we have Gallagher and Dolan who will run their contracts down who to be honest both would benefit from a fresh start, Hedges battling injury issues and Sigurdsson, Markanday and Vale who are all not good enough. We only have 1 senior keeper (Calamity Pears) and are thin in most other positions.

Absolutely spot on, as always 👏 

6 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Links only with no comments allowed maybe?

Or simply allow discussion on players linked. Too high wages is a fair discussion alongside their perceived ability - why we have no money and who amongst the shadows is controlling things is not.

Mods decision final and much less leeway for tangents in that thread. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

So we are expecting another signing for the u21s this week…Unlikely anything for the first team when others around will will be brining in their 3rd/4th…

We are on a new journey/project/chapter/era/model…

U21 is the future - low wages/costs, guaranteed comp/fees and little pressure on actual results/achievements

• Like 3

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Some of us just want to discuss transfer rumours without the posting about he ain't coming here, no chance, sort of comments or the court case about the 20th of August. Do we need to see that all the time and every single day

Well yeah, because those details are absolutely crucial in our recruitment.

It's like not having a toilet in your house, and your mrs asking every single day what are we going to to about it and you replying with "do we have to talk about that every day, what about all the other rooms in the house".

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Or simply allow discussion on players linked. Too high wages is a fair discussion alongside their perceived ability - why we have no money and who amongst the shadows is controlling things is not.

Mods decision final and much less leeway for tangents in that thread. 

As a normal club I might get what you are saying, but when we seem to be unable to sign 37 year old free agent Kyle McFadzean how can you not talk about why we can't even get that over the line.

You will just end up with two threads where a large portion of the same people are discussing the same players on both threads.

I think the links only thread worked, but that's not what some people want. They want to talk in some kind of  La La Land thread. Why don't we also have a thread for next season where we just make results up every game and pretend we are going for the title?

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 5

44 minutes ago, Hasta said:

As a normal club I might get what you are saying, but when we seem to be unable to sign 37 year old free agent Kyle McFadzean how can you not talk about why we can't even get that over the line.

You will just end up with two threads where a large portion of the same people are discussing the same players on both threads.

I think the links only thread worked, but that's not what some people want. They want to talk in some kind of  La La Land thread. Why don't we also have a thread for next season where we just make results up every game and pretend we are going for the title?

It’s clear there are people within the club, whether it’s recruitment or the money men, who do not agree with signing a 37 year old. I don’t think it’s a “we can’t afford” more a “we don’t want” despite what the manager wants. Gone are the days where we give a decent contract to someone 30+. Fleck and McFadzean in January were an emergency and not something we have done for several years.

5 minutes ago, FE123 said:

It’s clear there are people within the club, whether it’s recruitment or the money men, who do not agree with signing a 37 year old. I don’t think it’s a “we can’t afford” more a “we don’t want” despite what the manager wants. Gone are the days where we give a decent contract to someone 30+. Fleck and McFadzean in January were an emergency and not something we have done for several years.

So do we not want to sign anyone of any age then?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

It's like not having a toilet in your house, and your mrs asking every single day what are we going to to about it and you replying with "do we have to talk about that every day, what about all the other rooms in the house".

Can't see what all the fuss is about personally.

A thread consisting of bare links to players we don't end up signing. That will be an interesting read.

How about people don't be lazy and take the trouble to read through this thread properly?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

What about all the days I didn't dress up in a tutu Bart? No one ever brings those up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So do we not want to sign anyone of any age then?

I think the Manager is clearly pushing for experience, as JDT was, but Transfers are no longer viewed on improvement to the team immediately rather what are they going to be worth to the club in 1 to 2 years.

I still think the club will part with money for players providing its low risk and close to guaranteeing a return next summer or the year after.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FE123 said:

I think the Manager is clearly pushing for experience, as JDT was, but Transfers are no longer viewed on improvement to the team immediately rather what are they going to be worth to the club in 1 to 2 years.

I still think the club will part with money for players providing its low risk and close to guaranteeing a return next summer or the year after.

I agree. If I were running Chrystal Palace i'd just gazump our youth signings and save Palace £18M!!

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Why not - we have one for relegation with made up results 🤔😉🤣

Sure there will be some crossover - I like that this thread is liberal in terms of “the subject” but sometimes it would be nice just to read about players we are linked to and their merits/drawbacks without diverging into dunking biscuits and teacakes (discussions which I also enjoy for the record)

53 minutes ago, FE123 said:

what about 18-37 year olds then ..? stop defending the cluckers 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

what about 18-37 year olds then ..? stop defending the cluckers 

In what world is that defending them? Quite the opposite when it’s clearly what the football side of our club want. It’s clear they are refusing to do it.