BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

13 hours ago, Andy said:

He certainly sounds like the kind of player that could turn into a gem - I'm sure Evan Ferguson (Brighton) followed a similar path in the Irish league.

We can't afford league of Ireland players 😭

• Like 1

He’ll be gone. This news comes out after he was left out on Saturday as a “precaution” but trained for half an hour on his own before the game. 

11 minutes ago, lraC said:

Hope they’ve managed to get a decent fee for him. Worked hard for us last season and this is probably his last chance to have a go at the premier league. Add to that, we are clearly desperate for cash, a big wage rise and the fact he’s from Colchester to the mix, he will be gone. Leaves in a pretty desperate situation now…

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Just imagine Szmodics goes and all we get in for the rest of the window is a few freebies. 

I’ve noticed on twitter there’s a lot of dissatisfaction from people who previously haven’t shown dissent. 

I'd wager they'll be keen to keep him until the 20th August unless our valuation is met - whatever that looks like (I mean, who is even qualified to determine what it should be?!). If the case doesn't go well (for Venky's) then he'll be off to the first bidder.

Edited by G Somerset Rover

With Sammie coming off a 33 goal season, we should be commanding a fee of at least £15m

Due to our current situation I think we’ll accept £8m-£10m and he’ll be on his way.

Can’t blame him, he’s earned the move and will be playing in the Premier League. 

Premier League football, pay-rise and closer to home, it’s the perfect move for him.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FE123 said:

It’s clear there are people within the club, whether it’s recruitment or the money men, who do not agree with signing a 37 year old. I don’t think it’s a “we can’t afford” more a “we don’t want” despite what the manager wants. Gone are the days where we give a decent contract to someone 30+. Fleck and McFadzean in January were an emergency and not something we have done for several years.

True, but that's negative discussion that couldn't be brought up on the 'NEW' thread if the name "Kyle McFadzean" was mentioned.

Edited by Hasta

11 minutes ago, FE123 said:

He’ll be gone. This news comes out after he was left out on Saturday as a “precaution” but trained for half an hour on his own before the game. 

Hope they’ve managed to get a decent fee for him. Worked hard for us last season and this is probably his last chance to have a go at the premier league. Add to that, we are clearly desperate for cash, a big wage rise and the fact he’s from Colchester to the mix, he will be gone. Leaves in a pretty desperate situation now…

Was thinking the same thing about him being "left out as a precaution" on Saturday.

He's already stated his desire for a Premier League move, so can only see 1 outcome of this.

We're already facing a relegation battle, not 1 I'm confident that we're winning either, but without Szmodics we're heading for the bottom of the pile.

• Like 3

''It doesn't matter what the club do, some will just moan , moan moan. It was a trip to get fit, plus good experience for the young lads to train and play against better players. Of course we all want signings, but we're skint, the transfer fees coming in installments are to run the clubs day to day expenses. We'll just have to be patient to see if we sign, permanently for a fee, free transfers which still cost, or loans. No club and we never have even in the Walker, Williams days told fans what we're going on transfer wise. The loyal fans will be there cheering the lads on, the whinging moaning lot are better off keeping away, that's if they ever go in the first place. Numerous clubs in the Championship on paper should be way above us due to support levels and finances. Mid table for us will be a successful season, considering we are a small club with league one gates to match.''

Another bellend let happy clapper. Deluded

• Like 3

People talk about swap deals. Can’t remember a single one taking place. I’m sure they have happened but it’s so rare. It will not happen. It will be about maximum £ as soon as possible for the club.

• Like 3

Just now, FE123 said:

People talk about swap deals. Can’t remember a single one taking place. I’m sure they have happened but it’s so rare. It will not happen. It will be about maximum £ as soon as possible for the club.

It wasn’t maximum £ when we sold Wharton.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

That’s just not realistic…No one is paying more than 10million for szmodics, never mind throwing a player in as well.

He can fire them back up a couple of times if/when they get relegated so he’s worth north of £10m. Imagine what relegation would cost us. 

• Like 1